Thread: Land Hits: Preference for Unbuilt Land?

Land Hits: Preference for Unbuilt Land?

Quick question - Does acres captured take a even slice of all the land? Or does it go through (or have a preference for) barren land first, then built land?

barren+built then in progress.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    What bishop said.

So you need to keep in mind in war that you might be hit, all your built land will be gone, and all you will have left is the buildings in progress. for that reason you want to overbuild essential buildings.

you have 200 acres unbuilt.
    take farms for instance, you have 8% built so you decide you dont need to build anymore. you build tg, banks, wt's, w/e.. then you get hit, lose most your land. now you are in a point you have about 2% farms, and 0 more farms being built.

just an example. personally i don't consider farms an essential building because worst case you can steal food quite easily, even as an attackers, it's one of the easiest ops. and food can be aided to help you hold out for a while. for instance i think guilds and tg's are much more important.

Regular
    "personally i don't consider farms an essential building"

When you have zero built land and losing 3k food a tick, stealing so much becomes a huge hassle.

Needs to get out more
    Then you have barren acres that produce food and FL if things go awry. Not a solution, but a bandaid.
    In scary wars I build enigmatically if the opportunity is there. I'll accelerate build mixed with standard and relay attacks to have a constant hodgepodge of buildings and acres available. That is, I may tap once on tic 1 and next on tic 4 and ambush tic 5 or just before the enemy gets home. It's an activity thing and great for rovers that key on enemy stress points through the day. It's my greatest argument for integrated wave and assault tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Casting FL...impossible. zero guilds. idk, the staggered attacking seems nice. Constant income of land. But what about sleeping or going to work. And what about the target you need to hit you dont have enough O for, would have to wait for next general. Than you get into generals are sitting around when they could be attacking.

sleep+war = fail
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Thread Information