Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what is killing of Uto.. Templars vs mutants

So what is killing of Uto.. Templars vs mutants

First a bit history.

as soon as we got our of protection time we got hit for 12 points, because we looked weak, then we did pick it up and accepted the "wave" We then force em to war us, and did win over them. They were very very displeased with that. It was a close war as well.

With our hearts filled with Good mood we did war someone else, that we did end up losing to. It was a good war. Some of us had a problem with it, and we lost a few (now down to 23 players). '

then out of no were mutants did wave us, cool cool. We hit fort and waiting it out. 4 days.. they Claimed they wanted a fair rematch - that I don't do not mind. But shifting monarchy & loosing a lot of players hardly makes is a stable kingdom nor a fair fight. Not that that changed anything. Still eating hits all the time. Now they are ALOT bigger than us, and lost another 5 players, not to other kingdoms, but the game lost 7 players all in all. Who can blame them quitting it. 5/6 days of feeding because they are female hurt that we did accept a wave an now win a win.

Another 3 players in on the breaking point of quitting the game as well.. so this kingdom alone almost made 10 players to quit the game.. congrats. For what.. ? feeling better about yourself? doing happy slapping in gamge? and they got ALOT of points, is it gona stop.. proberly not. can we even declare war ? no, are we 33+% smaler yes?

Solution, make kingdoms smaller
    I am well aware of this will properly never happen. So, with the ever smaller player base, there is only one way this is going, its down.
    Bonus reason, ITs simply to hard to bound with 23+ players.

Site note, All these time, morbo has been sending treats all over the place, and working our friends for pumping out Intel about us & not for forgetting hacking our IRC channel 2 times. However, Morbo did still wantet a fair fight, so he waitet both to we are ready & we got somewhat the same player base in both kingdoms. Thats cool, that I can handle. Bashing smaller kingdoms is nasty! Agree to war, accept if no!

SO am I PISSED? a bit, but what I find more troublesome is the kind of BS that can go on. even thought Morbo is the kind of kingdom jumper he is, People simply don't care what so ever as long as they get their fix..

Ironic that the rest of the community has to pay for their fix.
    Last edited by chalsdk; 13-01-2014 at 10:56. Reason: Fixed spelling - and other stuf

Forum Fanatic
    Goodluck Chalsdk. Both have fun =)

*edit* I think I missread a majority of that post :P

Enthusiast
    /me tisser lidt paa chalsdk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post
    /me tisser lidt paa chalsdk
    Translation /I piss a bit on Chalsdk

And point proven

Wow, shouldn't Darkmoor get infracted or banned for a comment like that? If the forums are healthy, he would be out. Who cares who he is.

A good game needs to start with healthy discussion of what is hurting/helping, and there should be no tolerance for people like Darkmoor in the forums or in the game whatsoever.

To the original post -- yes, the game is failing. The problem with a game like this is you have the strong kingdoms of which there are only a few, and then you have everyone else. New people start at the bottom of that pile, and it is where new people start that the game is the least fun. I'm not sure how new players are supposed to be attracted to a game where right as they get in, they get whalloped by everyone else. The game is still fun, if you're in a good kd. If you're not, I don't know why people even play. I'm in a good kd, and I oftentimes don't even know why I play. To be in a good kd, the kingdom is becoming more and more 'this is what you will do or we will not succeed.' The individualism of one's province and enjoyment that come with tinkering with that and figuring things out are gone. So I can follow orders (build must be x, troops must be y, sci must be z) and be in a good kingdom or I can not and spend the whole age getting beaten up. Sounds great!
    Last edited by Minowara; 13-01-2014 at 21:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Minowara View Post
    Wow, shouldn't Darkmoor get infracted or banned for a comment like that? If the forums are healthy, he would be out. Who cares who he is.
    I don't care who any of you are \:D/

I do care that you report posts instead of hoping i will randomly read the post in a timely manner. Backseat moderation is not cool, m'kay?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Darkmoore's comment isnt offensive in Danish. Its a very tiny tease, would translate better to something like: *pokes* you a bit angry there bro?

Not to defend Darkmoore, I dont know him or Chalsdk, but the comment is far from unacceptable. Darkmoore is a moron for teasing in Danish though :)

Solution to the problem: Teach your players to ride it out. Eventually the other kingdom will tire. Allow people to take a break for a week or two, just keep their province alive. The people who quit because of a little trouple, would have been close to quitting anyways.

Needs to get out more
    You have my sympathies, both Chalsdk and Minowara.

I'm a traveller, but I play this game for my own reasons. You may find me in good or bad kingdoms by repute, but I have my own moral standards. If I can encourage anyone of good nature who finds it hard to associate with a number of the greedy, bullying types please act by your own initiative.

Ask yourself if success is compliance. I remind you the last 2 crowns were won by kingdoms that weren't suppose to. Sure they were no better morally, nor any less. There is a difference between right and good. The titans will point fingers at what is called s-play, but the rest of the Utopian world runs by those very lack of rules. My point here is that we act good despite the cost, if we are good people.

And one last point of encouragement. Evil is efficient, thus predictable. Good is the unpredictable element. Good is not about efficiency, it's about effectiveness. If your going to waste your time in a digital realm then your time should be spent on valuable memories; things you can be proud of. No one here is pure evil, but they may throw down their moral compass to release aggression in what they believe is harmless fashion. Capitalize on the predictability of evil if it's your calling. There are plenty of challenges here making it a game worth playing.
    - Rant Over...go in peace,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Chalsdk, dont blame us for people leaving your kingdom. Perhaps theres a flaw in your leadership. We've only been gaining people this age so I dont see a problem.

You also forgot to mention that one of your guys hit us well after our war was over, so that was why we responded.

Now if you'll excuse me we have a war to fight with a KD that will actually take us on.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller* View Post
    Chalsdk, dont blame us for people leaving your kingdom. Perhaps theres a flaw in your leadership. We've only been gaining people this age so I dont see a problem.

You also forgot to mention that one of your guys hit us well after our war was over, so that was why we responded.

Now if you'll excuse me we have a war to fight with a KD that will actually take us on.
    20 provs vs Total Networth 2,459,364gc (avg: 122,968gc) & 24 Total Networth 3,188,764gc (avg: 132,865gc)

Yes I cant even declare war, even IF i wantet to

Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    Darkmoore's comment isnt offensive in Danish. Its a very tiny tease, would translate better to something like: *pokes* you a bit angry there bro?

Not to defend Darkmoore, I dont know him or Chalsdk, but the comment is far from unacceptable. Darkmoore is a moron for teasing in Danish though :)

Solution to the problem: Teach your players to ride it out. Eventually the other kingdom will tire. Allow people to take a break for a week or two, just keep their province alive. The people who quit because of a little trouple, would have been close to quitting anyways.

I take it offensive, even more when I get it all over the place.
    Last edited by Bishop; 14-01-2014 at 23:40.

Needs to get out more
    Realizing these things can be upsetting unless you take it as trolling.
    Stay cool chalsdk and just know I like and respect you. Be your best self and roll up your sleeves.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

You are responsible for the content you post here, even if someone else said it on irc.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I don't care who any of you are \:D/

I do care that you report posts instead of hoping i will randomly read the post in a timely manner. Backseat moderation is not cool, m'kay?
    Can you report a poster for being too damn good looking? And would you ban yourself for that Bishy?
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    First a bit history.

as soon as we got our of protection time we got hit for 12 points, because we looked weak, then we did pick it up and accepted the "wave"
    Interesting memory you have:
    February 1 of YR0 Le Skeletavians (Mutants) captured 19 acres of land from Templar of the 32nd degree (Templars).
    February 1 of YR0 Le Skeletavians (Mutants) attempted an invasion of Maximus the Templar (Templars), but was repelled.
    February 1 of YR0 Templar Bollywood (Templars) invaded Le Skeletavians (Mutants) and captured 64 acres of land.
    February 2 of YR0 Templar Bringer Of Plagues (Templars) invaded help_my_wings_is_on_fire (Mutants) and captured 77 acres of land.
    February 2 of YR0 TakeItAllTemplar (Templars) invaded Le Skeletavians (Mutants) and captured 24 acres of land.
    February 2 of YR0 Templar of the 32nd degree (Templars) ambushed armies from Le Skeletavians (Mutants) and took 9 acres of land.
    February 2 of YR0 TakeItAllTemplar (Templars) invaded Human Female Midgets (Mutants) and captured 48 acres of land.
    February 2 of YR0 Templar of the 32nd degree (Templars) invaded Human Female Midgets (Mutants) and captured 25 acres of land.

You hit mutants 6x for 1 hit plus a nuby bounce.

we lost a few (now down to 23 players).

then out of no were mutants did wave us, cool cool. We hit fort and waiting it out. 4 days.. they Claimed they wanted a fair rematch - that I don't do not mind. But shifting monarchy & loosing a lot of players hardly makes is a stable kingdom nor a fair fight.
    When we started to wave you there were 24 provinces in your KD and 24 in ours. Soon after you dropped to 23.

During the first war it was 22 for us vs 25 for you and we did not complain. After diplomacy failed we decided to fight you and even gave you the button which you hid behind in fort for a few days before declaring.

Not that that changed anything. Still eating hits all the time. Now they are ALOT bigger than us, and lost another 5 players, not to other kingdoms, but the game lost 7 players all in all. Who can blame them quitting it. 5/6 days of feeding because they are female hurt that we did accept a wave an now win a win.

Another 3 players in on the breaking point of quitting the game as well.. so this kingdom alone almost made 10 players to quit the game.. congrats. For what.. ? feeling better about yourself? doing happy slapping in gamge? and they got ALOT of points, is it gona stop.. proberly not. can we even declare war ? no, are we 33+% smaler yes?
    You never sent a CF. We don't think leaving open relations is a good plan. I think you will find a lot of KDs in the community will require either CF to move on, or they will hit you down out of range just like we did. Maybe players were dissatisfied with your leadership. You beat a kd with less players less acres less NW in a close war, lost 25 v 25 to a smaller KD, and couldn't deal with a wave by fighting back or working for a CF. If anything is killing utopia its leaders like you who assemble a KD only to have it fall apart in under half an age. Leaders should look to improve themselves and learn from in game experience, not cry in forums and blame others for their problems. If you think you can just assemble 25 people and you will never lose any you are crazy.

Solution, make kingdoms smaller
    I am well aware of this will properly never happen. So, with the ever smaller player base, there is only one way this is going, its down.
    Bonus reason, ITs simply to hard to bound with 23+ players.
    There are plenty of 20 man KDs out there. 25 players is far from a must. We spent a few ages at 20 to build up a good solid team prior to expanding and I think this is the best way to build a new KD at current.

Site note, All these time, morbo has been sending treats all over the place, and working our friends for pumping out Intel about us & not for forgetting hacking our IRC channel 2 times. However, Morbo did still wantet a fair fight, so he waitet both to we are ready & we got somewhat the same player base in both kingdoms. Thats cool, that I can handle. Bashing smaller kingdoms is nasty! Agree to war, accept if no!
    lol at believing anything TheGreatMorboIRCTroll says. He has nothing to do with mutants.
    Last edited by 2Utopian; 15-01-2014 at 07:37. Reason: grammer

Thread Information