Thread: what should wages be in war

what should wages be in war

if you are in the red, to keep mil effect at the max is it better to have 200% wages and not be able to pay every tick, or to set the wages down so you break even and can pay them every day.

Enthusiast
    not paying, regardless of how close you were to paying, is equivalent to setting wages to 50% for that tick.

Post Fiend
    See, that's what I wanted answered!

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...t-pay-military

I guess I didn't express myself properly. So in that case, setting it to 100% (and paying) is better than keeping at 200%.

Forum Fanatic
    I just always set my wages to 50% during war. I figure I need money more than I need military.

Military is for chumps. I run the 0 peasant econ build.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Military is for chumps. I run the 0 peasant econ build.
    ban you troll

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurycratides View Post
    ban you troll
    The last time I ran 110% military, I spent all of conflict on 50% wages.

hth.

Enthusiast
    That which the peasant produces in times of peace must sustain the land in times of war, long after his demise.

Would love a serious answer. 50% better or 100% better?

Forum Fanatic
    The simple answer is it's entirely situational.

200% wages and being able to afford your military is better than 100% is better than 50%.

There's value in being able to draft, train, and build, of course. Not paying your military hits the same as 50%.

Yup, totally depends on the situation.

Is 7.6% more off ME worth it for you to pay twice the military upkeep? Can your province support it in a protracted war? Or do you prefer running with less banks and more TGs (for example?) and being able to replace your losses and maybe have some spare for dragon.

I think pre war you should always be going in with 200% wages and the extra 7.6% ME, but once the hits start going round and fireballs + Greed + Riots....you got to drop it to 100.....50 if you are unbreakable and need to fund a dragon...etc....

Or 12 hours before going for max gains, hike it back up to 200% if you were short on breaking a target.

Forum Addict
    Why no love for 150% in here?

Regular
    i try my damndest to keep it at 200%, but it's all situational. sometimes i'll go 175% if i need a few bucks. sometimes 125%. just depends on peasant count and how much attention i'm getting. once you're chained drop it to 50%.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Why no love for 150% in here?
    Because 150% wage is pointless. You either want the maximum or the minimum in most situations. Using anything in between is highly situational and temporary.

I usually enter war at 200% wages no matter what, and keep it there as long as the offense is worth extra multitaps or breaks on high-defense targets. When the high-defense provinces become impossible to break outright, and everyone else is on minimal defense, then wages should start dropping. Dropping wages after a chain makes sense too, but sometimes it's possible for chained targets to do significant damage by keeping troops paid.

Thread Information