Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AC Disolving

AC Disolving

AC is a relativly new KD, so the fact that it exsited might come as news to some, but unfortunatly it has already come to an end.

So let me start with some background.

In age 55 I started playing utopia again after having over a decade off. I created a faery mystic and off I went into a random KD. I was greeted with "defect or be razed, we have a no faery policy". So I went to the recruiting boards and got in with TFC (The Faery Circle). It was a great group of people to chat with, but the level of skill and activity went from none to high. After 3 ages in TFC I was putting in a ton of time, and had taken on a leadership role, but began to get frustrated as not everyone had the same type of commitment. When Palem disbanded TFC the plan was to take a small core of players and merge into an active warring KD. The merge failed to happen and we had to rebuild, and that was HRS. During the 2nd age of HRS Palem ceased playing utopia. As steward and now monarch, I was kind of left holding the bag, KD moral was super low as we had lost 3 wars in a row, and we still had a mix of very casual to very advanced players.

It was at this time I did the big AC write up and started a new KD with the ideals and goals posted as they currently stand. We won our next 3 wars and ended out the age very well. But running a KD isn't all sunshine and lollipops. I've strived very hard to try and make what I wrote up come to fruition, I've put in countless hours dealing with HR issues, KD diplomacy, looking for targets, mentoring players etc, and so have many others, some that are still here and others who've burnt out along the way. Unfortunately it would appear that creating an active skilled warring KD from the ground up takes far more time and effort than anyone currently on council has the ability to put forth. The goal of creating the KD of my aspirations shared by others has come to an end.

I'd like to sincerely thank everyone that has participated in AC these last age and a half, it was a lofty goal perhaps set too high. Thanks to everyone who helped, members and non members and everyone who came by #ACPub to chat with us and give advice.

~Spahrep
    Last edited by Spahrep; 10-02-2014 at 17:19.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

and there goes another one :/
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'll miss you guys :(

Now I have no where to idle when I happen to stop by IRC =\

I'll still be in #ACPub :)
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Needs to get out more
    The silver lining is the active, knowledgeable players that are migrating to bolster kingdoms below the 25 player limit.
    This is the only kingdom I have served in twice, though leaders would point out AC is a different animal than HRS or TFC.
    I look forward to good kingdoms made better and friends finding new homes. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Agreed. There are lot of good people now lookign for new homes in KDs that will meet their in game needs, mysefl included ;P
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto

Thumbs up

Sorry to see another kd disband with a nice group of fun people.

We took a few refugees in, and wish all the rest good luck in finding homes :).

Palem - some of your guys idle in #warseekers with us, you are always welcome to stop by as well.

#acpub will stay pretty full I am sure as well, haha.

Veteran
    Sorry to everyone who was rooting for us. We tried our best this age but I think as Spah said, we shot too high and our expectations weren't realistic to what we could achieve.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help me keep the ship intact. Looks like there were a few more issues than what I could handle

Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    Sorry to everyone who was rooting for us. We tried our best this age but I think as Spah said, we shot too high and our expectations weren't realistic to what we could achieve.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help me keep the ship intact. Looks like there were a few more issues than what I could handle
    <3 Jwuzi.
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto

Forum Addict
    If anyone is looking for potential leadership, Jwuzi is a big up and comer I think. His dedication and willingness to learn really made AC a great place to play this age, despite the struggles (that really had nothing to do with him). He'll make a great fresh addition to any kingdom looking for someone to step up.

Hey maye. Sad to hear! I may have a good option for you guys, so I will try and hit you up on IRC today.

sorry to hear JWoWzi and crew. just keep the pub open! But MacBeth has been served way to many. /me punches Macbeth in the bumbum
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Post Fiend
    sigh :(

Sucks to hear

I thought Tras ran AC, either way best of luck people
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Fiend
    Tras used to but spah and jwuzi's currently in charge

Thread Information