Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T/Ms

T/Ms

Hey Guys Me again, trying to set some T/Ms
    The only thing is I do not know what is the best Numbers to work with?
    TPA, WPA
    and I know the numbers are different from Halflings, Elfs and Fearys.
    what should they be at to be comfortable?

Enthusiast
    as much wpa as you can get. if they are borderline ub as much tpa as you can get while being ub. if they are UB as much tpa as you can get while still being ub. If you aren't ub try to get so you can only be single tapped and rest tpa.

Ub? sorry I don't know what that means

unbreakable
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

It really depends on the role you want to play in the KD. TM is a delicate beast if you are not UB. If you are UB its smooth sailing in war, you dont need an offense and you go crazy tpa/wpa and economy. Just stay above their max off and baring conquest you will do fine. If you are in attacker range and you have no offense to take back land, they can chain you into nothing. With that being said the more offense you have the less either tpa/wpa you have or less dpa... so its tough. Maybe consider instead of having TMs having some a/T and a/M that way they can get throw in some hits, but in general arent the easiest targets for enemy attackers assuming your def prevents them from multi tapping.

Not sure if i added more confusion or actually helped, because i confused myself lol.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Thank you That didn't confuse me at all it kinda threw something else on the plate to think about. Thank you again

Enthusiast
    It's very hard to have the building space to effectively a/m or a/t. High channeling sci helps though. I think one of hte most underused buildings in the game is GS on t/m's who are likely getting hit. It boggle my mind that everyone can say things like "faeries are so easy to chain because they have no hospitals or gs" and not think of just putting those in. You'll still have troubles due to not being able to hit back, but if you have gs and hospitals(obviously don't need if faery), then they'll have to put in way more resources to take you downwhich is good for the kd.

Regular
    Halfing All elite army. O and D all in one.

Faery elites are expensive, and can't be replaced in war. Elves would need elf lords which takes away from D.

Forum Fanatic
    "t/m" is a bit looser a definition now. It's difficult to get unbreakable defense. Knowing when to attack with those races, and knowing how to handle being chained, is crucial to making them work.

I can say though that Elf defense is fine even with Elf Lords. The sucky thing about lords is that they take so much nw that an Elf can't hit for crap, which is one of the stupidunbalanced design decisions the game made. Even with that, Elf makes for one of the best unbreakables once their thief weakness is covered... and since the game lacks really good thief options, that is less of a problem than it used to be.

Faery attacking is trickier. If I'm a Faery, I'm not too concerned about losing Beastmasters... I just want them for the initial stages of war, where having high defense is absolutely necessary. Beasties have the same issues as Elf Lords, crap offense for bad nw, and some other issues that are bad for attackers.
    Last edited by noobium; 11-02-2014 at 05:00.

Enthusiast
    There are no best numbers for T/Ms. A general rule is that the higher/better kds in ranks you face the more tpa/wpa you need. In order to get that higher numbers you need top sci and top builds. Also the higher your wizards and thieves go the more defense you sacrifice. My guess since you ask is that you play at a mid/lower range kd so the best thing would be to focus on defense and having about 3 wpa and 4 tpa would probably work good.

So when do you attack, and how do you handle being chained?

Enthusiast
    if you have offense you can attack either at start of chains(although even here you'd prolly need too much off regardless of amount of nm/ns) or like day 3+ of war once there is a healthy pool of very low def provs hold acres for you.

Forum Fanatic
    ^ what he said.

It works better if you can log all of your t/m (Elf, Halfer, Faery) on at the same time, and launch all hits close together. Enemy has to pick one, maybe two to focus on, while your t/m hits should set up one or two of enemy's highest offenses to drop, thus removing them as chain threats. This also means that most of the acres from grabs go on provinces that can actually use them, instead of attackers who are only penalized for having more acres.

I would train 6-7 epa on Elf... losing 12-14 raw dpa can be bad, but as long as the Elf stays far away from any double-tap a lot of kingdoms will not want to chain an Elf first. That level of offense is usually enough to hit attackers outright.

Enthusiast
    Jaxon to give you some help and combine this thread with the other you have opened.
    If you check top 20 ww and honour kds they have about 15 attackers and 10 defense provinces. Attacking races are orcs, undead, avians (and maybe dwarf?) The job of these guys is to hit hard and bring land in the kd. They dont care much about defence, they use gs to minimise dmg when they are hit and they should always have army out (because it's safe out). Defense provinces are elves, halfers, faeries, humans. These ones with some forts can either be ub or be hit only once from a same size attacker province. On these provinces there is further specialization. You need at least 3 elf mystics (because they have the highest theoritical wpa in game) and 3 halfers (for the high tpa) The rest can be anything of elves, halfers, faeries, humans. It's how you fine tune the kd. Faeries and humans have ToG which is best spell in game, humans are good hybrids because of their elites while faeries can be the most tanky province (clearsight, reflect)
    Then the next important modifiers are sciences and honour. Because you cant have all sciences maxed it's important each person to focus sciences to the role he plays in the kd. Honour in general is better to go to the defence provinces because they can keep it and become even stronger.
    And last one of the most important things is communication. Talk with each other in the kd and tell if one of your enemies has something that is worth to steal, if someone is easy target for mages or rogues etc. Talk and that way you will figure out what wpas and tpas work better.

Strategy Moderator
    hrm...running an elf mystic right now i hit about 6-7 raw wpa and 110-120 dpa when fully pumped. just as a reference.

Thread Information