Thread: elf mystic t/M

elf mystic t/M

Hi!

Its been a long time since i played Utopia... i currently am playing Elf/Mystic and was wondering what kind of building strat and military strat should i be using?
    Im currently 815acres big... in a kd with 1000-1400acres provinces and we are looking for a war target which will not take that long to find...
    thx in advance

Regular
    I am interested in this as well because I am planning on going Elf Mystic next age, though I am not one right now. Here is the build I PLAN to use. However, if others offer good suggestions, I will tweak it. I have played Halfling Rogue for several ages so I'm familiar with the Thief aspect of the build.

10% Homes
    10% Banks
    10% Forts
    10% Farms
    20% Thieves Dens
    20% Guilds
    15% Towers
    5% Libraries (If your sci is high enough, if not, go schools)

I'd run 10% Farms just because I hate have to waste thief ops on stealing it, and on having to make sure I have enough to last on several long stretches of hours where I might not be able to be on (ie. overnight). Some more hardcore folks would take that down to 7% or even less. Homes and Banks might not be necessary later on unless you want to get some extra income for dragon production.

Shouldn't really do more than 20% TDs or 20% Guilds from what I recall. They're not very effective much higher than that. You might run higher Towers, I don't know. That's part of what I don't know because I've never been a mage.

But I am interested to hear others opinions so I can start formulating what to do next age.

Enthusiast
    It's too late in the round for an elf mage. Getting wpa up, sciences, honour is nearly impossible. I'd say go all elite with TGs, stables hosps, raacks and since you are at the bottom of the kd try to do smart attacks in war to get honour and some good learns maybe.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skoyl12 View Post
    It's too late in the round for an elf mage. Getting wpa up, sciences, honour is nearly impossible. I'd say go all elite with TGs, stables hosps, raacks and since you are at the bottom of the kd try to do smart attacks in war to get honour and some good learns maybe.
    Depending on the kingdom he is in, Honor is not a huge issue. The slight bonuses won't matter in a ghetto-type kingdom. They won't be facing huge or deadly opponents. I beg to differ about the wpa. Throw in 50% guilds and you'll have a decent wpa in a couple of days. We still have a few weeks left, so it's not impossible to do so. Now sciences on the other hand, I'll give you that. He's missed out on 9 weeks of pumping and however many war wins they might have. But if he focuses the majority of his scis on Food and Magic then it won't too adversely affect his effectiveness as a Mage.

Additionally, he is 800 acres already. Either meaning he explored 400 the moment he started, or he's been playing for a little while now, so it's possible he's accumulated some of those things already anyway.

Forum Fanatic
    Too late to build an effective mage. A good mage province is reliant on science accumulation to be really effective, whether they are a/m or t/m.

However, since you are a small Elf, you have two options:

1) Grow to a size where you can actually play a functional t/m. I can't figure out how you're going to get the science and wpa necessary, but you will definitely want to have more total defense and economy. It is advisable to keep 3-4 elites/acre to take advantage of attackers who bloat and cannot retrain defense.

2) Play an attacker/mage with considerable offense, and not so much thief power, while staying at 800-1000 acres. Use your attacking to leech acres, preferably as a part of chains. The economy on your captured acres is difficult to secure, but it is unlikely that most kingdoms will use chains or massacres on such a small province. While small, you can MS; when you bloat, focus on building up thief defense, then spec defense, and the rest of your growth is pure income that is difficult to fireball. In this manner, you should be relatively secure against kidnapping, which leaves only a deep chain as your threat. The upside to playing this style is that, if left alone, your elf should amass considerable honor, and the acres taken will prepare you for the next war.

Consider that by this point in the age, an effective province in that size range should have 2-3million total books if they have been pumping science and winning wars all age. That is a gap that is difficult to overcome, for a province that is so reliant on having good science in order to be effective. Still, a late Elf can perform decently, as long as they play their cards well and are playing at ghetto level.

best tip you can get. run 20 dpa rest leets and 20% schools, learn everything you find till you have 2m books, shouldnt take longer than a week. If youve had 50% guilds in that time you should have burned down to a low enough number of leets than you can transition into a fairly functional TM. Put all books you study into channelling, learns will take care of the rest.

Should reach 9 mod wpa in that time. This will have you running easily for opping attackers. If no war incoming then chill and grow/pump more wizzies. Try to focus on 80% channeling if no war.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Thread Information