Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Kingdom ~ The Heavy Cruiser

Needs to get out more

Virtual Kingdom ~ The Heavy Cruiser

Hello and welcome to a new addition of Virtual Kingdom. For those who read the last this may be monotony, but I'll attempt to keep this cleaner. The Virtual Kingdom is a game template not an actual kingdom.

Origins: Thank You Palem for The Faery Circle. Palem was my primary influence in that every province in TFC was monoracially faery. This sparked the idea of a zero core in which the kingdom was balanced by equal measure of personality and race. The lone character bias being the 25th player; for our purposes, monarch.

Motive: I'm a traveller. That is, I venture many kingdom averaging 5/age. I've seen great players locked away in semi-active kingdoms with dictates of rigid kingdom strategies that are middling in success and basically not fun. Most of these kingdom average 8-10 players who are both active and enthusiastic. I'd like to imagine these players in a free environment with like players.

Template: Based on army groups, I envision a kingdom of 25. The kingdom is comprised 3 each personality 3 each race. This total is 24 with the monarch choosing a persona/race not represented in the kingdom. Some combinations are not efficient, but designed toward players open to alternative builds.

Divisions: The kingdom is comprised of 3 divisions. Each division includes one of each persona and race. Unlike the musket salvo system we are use to, my vision is for integrated tactics from the logistics of merchant to the rubber-meets-the-road warrior.

Talent Pool: As mentioned above in my travels, this kingdom would be based on 8-9 players from 3 different kingdoms merged here in divisions. This offers each division a synergy they are familiar with and the opportunity to learn and share with the 2 other divisions. Another possible benefit is competition between divisions to compare doctrine and it's virtual effectiveness.

Organization: Council will include 2 members from each division. Steward will be appointed by the king. Divisions can be integrated, lopsided, concentrated and reinforced depending on kingdom posture and requirements.

Roleplaying: Is not required but certainly welcome. Roleplaying culture is encouraged to be per division. If division #1 are monks and division #2 pirates then division #3 can be samurai if they wish. A fully integrated culture is welcome provided no players are alienated.

Doctrine: As the template dictates there are no absolutes. My personal preference is not for war or whore, but simply a kingdom that embraces the challenge of a balanced template. Challenging wars are encouraged and not just respect but regard for enemies and strangers. Even in brutal one sided conflict the enemy should be greeted as friend. Activity is why we're here.

* Soon I will post a kingdom template only as a beginning stage to evolve as we go.*

~ Thank you for your participation. Comments and suggestions are welcome. You may post a persona/race combination you would enjoy and name a province in kingdom if you please. ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Wha, there's a roleplaying board? I subbed.

Needs to get out more
    ~ The Heavy Cruiser: Age 60 ~

1st Avian - tactician: Yamaha YZF-R1 or Harley-Davidson Super Glide
    2nd Avian - warrior: BMW K 1300 S
    3rd Avian - war hero: Kawasaki Ninja*
    4th Dwarf - sage: Moto Guzzi Griso*
    5th Dwarf - tactician: Buell S1 Lightning
    6th Dwarf - war hero: Triumph Daytona
    7th Elf - cleric: Excelsior-Henderson Super X
    8th Elf - mystic: Harley-Davidson Night Rod
    9th Elf - mystic: Triumph Thunderbird
    10th Faery - merchant: Harley-Davidson Fat Boy*
    11th Faery - rogue: Victory Hammer 8-Ball
    12th Faery - sage: Honda Valkyrie
    13th Halfling - mystic: Ducati Multistrada
    14th Halfling - rogue: Honda Interceptor
    15th Halfling - rogue: Norton Commando
    16th Human - merchant: Moto Guzzi California*
    17th Human - sage: Harley-Davidson Springer*
    18th Human - war hero: Kawasaki Vulcan
    19th Orc - cleric: Big Dog K-9
    20th Orc - warrior: Yamaha VMAX
    21st Orc - warrior: Victory Gunner
    22nd Undead - cleric: BMW R 1200 R
    23rd Undead - merchant: Indian Chief Vintage
    24th Undead - tactician: Ducati Monster
    25th Undead - rogue: Buell Cyclone
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-02-2014 at 22:42.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    For reference, this is a discussion to map out the draft of what we have above. I thank all participants who guided me in this: They are more knowledgeable. While some were not approving of this as a real kingdom strategy, they were generous to share their insight. Again, thank you.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...ality-amp-Race
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Wha, there's a roleplaying board? I subbed.
    Isn't it cool. I sometimes come in here and pretend I'm a tree.

There is an alternative. Keep up with The Misery Crown in Utopia Talk. If you to suspect this is an Alternative Dating Site with a game theme then enjoy comedy gold.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-02-2014 at 01:01.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Fanatic
    why u dwarf/sage? undead/merchant?

i know it's not serious but i'd boot people who made those picks for themselves. ^^

Needs to get out more
    This is from kingdom experience:
    I'm in the rebuilding former Ardent Consortium. Our biggest province prior to defecting was a dwarf sage run by a former A Mothers Advice-Polar Bears player.
    The undead merchant became a popular choice after a war AC lost. Apparently the enemy had a few undead merchants. AC did fairly well in the war I spawned. Undead merchants moving net worth topside.
    I generally like the stacked advantage builds for myself. So elf and undead cleric are favorites, avian tactician. I did enjoy playing a human mystic as well. It's stack was versatility.
    ~ As stated, your welcome to offer an alternative in the alignment. ~
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-02-2014 at 18:14.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Division #1:
    Avian - tactician
    Dwarf - war hero
    Elf - mystic
    Faery - sage
    Halfling - rogue
    Human - merchant
    Orc - warrior
    Undead - cleric

Division #2:
    Avian - warrior
    Dwarf - sage
    Elf - mystic
    Faery - merchant
    Halfling - rogue
    Human - war hero
    Orc - cleric
    Undead - tactician

Division #3:
    Avian - war hero
    Dwarf - tactician
    Elf - cleric
    Faery - rogue
    Halfling - mystic
    Human - sage
    Orc - warrior
    Undead - merchant

Monarch:
    Undead - rogue

~ Only a preliminary breakdown. We may adjust certain joint operations among speed or durability. ~
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-02-2014 at 22:27.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Division #3 is set to be the long war standout. This build doesn't carry the impact of #1 or 2 but has resilience built in by a variety of means. This is intended as the finisher division.

Division #1 is the archetypical builds. All these builds emphasize the depth of range we look for when we imagine personality that best represents race. There may be some disagreement insofar as Faery sage, but we must observe the breadth of capability a learned Faery brings to the table vs Human due to bonus types and wealth of spells.

Division #2 best represent what I'd describe as theater control. Thus the strength here is in augmenting the goals of the 2 other divisions. These are rather efficient if not as impact oriented as division #1 and not as long-range as division #3. This division is intended to both support division #1 to complete objectives and deflect concentrated efforts to derail division #3.

The monarch Undead - rogue is set to bolster overall strategy and directly impact a division that is either exploiting greater success in a vital battle or reinforce a division that is suffering collapse.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-02-2014 at 22:56.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Why Integrated Divisions? :

Again, no absolutes. The integrated divisions were initially designed as individual splinter groups of 3 different kingdoms merged into one. Upon startup there is meant to be familiar synergy players each have experienced from previous ages. Thus the 8 players, say from We Hurt as example, know each others time table and are sensitive to each other tendencies.

This is a loose system that is liable to fade as players from each division get to know each other. {The ideal I may have failed to mention was that the divisions occupy each of the 3 major time zones.} intended result is a 24/7 active kingdom.
    So a player from a given division has a primary source of aid, intel, advice and tactical awareness based in that divisions objectives. Chained or fat provinces are in close company with support. Unbreakables have attackers on hand to deflect enemies who threaten their status. Campers are provinces of opportunity. Though I have little experience in exercising this tactic, I have witnessed it to great effect.

I'm not familiar with explore formulas and therefore how they could best be used in this environment. I do know that this will fluctuate depending on skill of threat assessment, diplomacy and luck, good and bad.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-02-2014 at 23:47.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Roleplaying and Utopian Etiquette:

I've role-played for many years pencil&paper in a variety of games from spy, feudal Asia, cartoons, superheroes, gumshoe detectives, post apocalyptic, future space exploration to traditional fantasy. We have a regular group of 8-9 that have played together for over 30 years. In this group we have the guys who stir trouble, the ones who always play it safe, the ones who enjoy hero gallantry and the goofy offbeat. 'Get 'em!' is the only thing we've agreed on despite our years of play together and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The importance of etiquette as it relates to roleplaying is to communicate this aspect to those you have contact. Yes, you may be setting yourself up to be trolled by immature bullies( even mature ) but you have to be bigger than them emotionally. ~ This is a game so enjoy it. ~ There will always be some negapuss who scoffs at this style of hobby and fun. Treat them with mutual respect; that is, it's okay to defend yourself and be wise to keep your temper. Most are just damaged goods who like to front elite based in some mathematical skill. Just know we are all capable of crying from hurt.

A long time ago I was a rent-a-cop( security guard ) in some really bad neighborhoods. The culture is driven by violence and fear. Many try to intimidate and question your bravery while touting street cred that may or may not be legitimate. I wasn't brave, but I knew I had to stare down some ugly thugs to get through the night. Aside from this I knew some genuinely good people who grew up in these real life ghettos who had fantastic self awareness, generosity and courage. They were better people than me in how they carried themselves in this world. So be who you want to be: this is only a game with text based interaction. Words can hurt, digital results can be depressing but just keep it real.
    ~ Be Who You Want to Be ~
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Subject: Welcome To Utopia

~ A few friends of mine played this game years ago. Bob asked : why do they call it Utopia if all you do is war? Steve pronounced : BECAUSE WAR IS UTOPIA! :-) ~

Seems a little out of context to mention this here, but i notice time to time we have guests visiting the forum. These might be unregistered game veterans, but let's play it safe and think of the new player.

I've attempted to avoid acronyms that would confuse newer players. Acronyms that are common to regular players are in a guide somewhere I think in Talk sticky. I'm a poor substitute for the breadth of moderator knowledge. They can get you there much faster than I could.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-02-2014 at 15:09.
    ________
    Weed bowls

aww this is like your own little world. i like it stratocastle. i wish i had my own little world. you lucky.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Needs to get out more
    I'm willing to share ;-)

So I didn't spend much time thinking on this, but I'm applying virtual solutions to current game events.

Thus below:
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Off the Rails Diplomacy ~ A Solution to Fair Play and AMA (a mothers advice) ~ Virtual Merger Age 61

It occurs to me several kingdoms of very good players are facing a miserable age 61. Sure, some embrace the heated rivalries, but now we are looking at spinter groups to phantom raze and put the banana in the tailpipe.

I propose we break up A Mothers Advice, Cromulent Republic and PyroManiaCs for one age. The monarchs of each of these 3 kingdoms will assemble 7 of their players of choice. These icons will run a division as advertised in this Virtual Kingdom. Remaining players from these 3 kingdoms will migrate to the Utopian community both to bolster a sagging populace and act as Fair Play militia. A top monarch would be chosen from the conflicted scenario: Flogger, Anri etc.

Simply, the rivals can compete with each other, but not in a way that effects the community at large. Here they can exercise healthy competition without dragging shell kingdoms into the mix who may have players who just want to play. They may give their subjects a chance to cut down on the kool-aid and breath sense for a change. The top will have greater diversity as alliances have less steam to drive agendas. The merger will allow for these epic players to taste humble teamwork with their rivals and match skills in a compromising position.

Finally, it rings more fun to me than tunnel vision anger destroying all that's left of the most skilled sector of the game.

~ Thank you for your attention ~
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information