Thread: Question on negative attack time.

Question on negative attack time.

1) if i were to use -2 attack times for the whole war so that i can faster. would i gain more than normal time?

2) as for UD, would it effect conversion rate and how big is the impact?

thanks

1) no, not unless it allows you to make a hit you would otherwise be unavailable for.
    2) yes it affects convert negatively. If you shave 10% of your attack time you get more than a 10% nerf to your conversions.

+-hours are balanced so that a normal attack is better in every way except if using them allows you to make an attack you wouldn't normally be able to make.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Scribe
    Actually there is a breakeven point, since the value of those -hrs increase with the more speed you stack. In gains per day in war, a tactician needs -32.651% attack time from Rax to break even at -1 hr and -36.8% at -2 hr. Since max effectiveness is -37.5%, the difference would increase your gains, only if you army in/out. Avians and especially avian tacticians can capitalize even more on the -hrs mechanic if they built around it.

Forum Fanatic
    The lower your attack time, the more -/+ hours affect gains. I was getting some pretty big gains on +4hr hits as Avian/Cleric last age, and -2h was getting something like 70% of normal gains.

Scribe
    I thought the gains on +/- hrs was static. I currently have 69.1% gains with -2 hrs and 85.5% gains with -1 hrs. So under that assumption with an avian tactician it gets to the point of -2hrs takes you from about 4.5hrs to 2.5hrs making the increase in uniques per day way overcome the gains penalty.... Unless that -2/-1 hrs isn't actual hrs and is a percentage*base equal to -12.5%/-6.25% respectively, in which case the -2 hrs would be currently unachievable to profit, but the -1 hrs does overcome the penalty at extreme speeds.

No, its not static or linear. Its variable based on the reduction or increase to your time. If you use -1 hours and it decreases your attack time by 10% then the gain will be decreased by more than 10%. -2/-1 etc are hours, not %s.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information