Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why Is It Our Problem?

Honestly im American and I dont know why we get involved in foreign affairs. It really isn't our fight tbh and I think if we kept our noses out of other people's business and worried about our own affairs we would be better off. Our goverment seems to think we have to police the world and that may be.true but it magnifies the.growing american burden. I wish we would worry about our own freedoms and rights here at home instead of somewhere thousands of miles away. But as always the almighty dollar dictates the actions of our fearless leaders. As my pops said "americans will sell their own mom for a dollar". More often than not i find this true but with that being said there is STILL no place id rather be that my beloved US of A bc home is home. I live in the south and have a good life all things considered but god.help us mind our own affairs.

Also you cant judge americans for their foreign policies most of us are like anyone else. We want simple quiet lives and peace. I for one would rather our troops perish on our soil than in some desert if it come to that.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Ignoring problems don't make them go away. For a quick example, see our abstaining from WWII prior to Pearl Harbor.

I would agree but sticking your nose where it doesnt belong generally leads to problems. Maybe we let people deal with their own issues and then when we help they won't hate us as much :)

It's fairly simple Attero, at least in my opinion. When Pearl Harbor was struck, most of the US industry was re-fitted for military production, the amount of material, weapons and vehicles you produced was nothing short of amazing and it boosted the economy massively and employed a vast majority of the remaining american work force that wasn't drafted into the military. The unemployment rate dropped from 17.2% in 1939, to 1.2% in 1944. Maybe the only way to try and sustain that economy was to keep circulating wartime material and keep the mass production going after it had ended. It employed a f*ckload of people both domestic and abroad to manufacture, sell and use this equipment. And ever since the end of world war 2, the us has searched for conflicts to use the weapons and manpower it keeps in it's army. If they had nothing to do, the military would have to be partially dismantled, less material would be purchased, the major arms manufacturers would stop making ****loads of money and the following cuts in both those jobs and the armed forces would lead to many unemployed americans, filling the system with even more workers, dropping the average wages due to the high supply of workers and thus weakening the american peoples purchasing power and thus spiraling the economy further down.

When it comes to Ukraine i think the US and their NATO/European allies needs to just sit the f*ck down and stop trying maintain some sort of moral high ground. The last 20 years of constant failures, lies and scandals have basically dropped the US credibility to below 0, it has gone so far that even Vladimir Putin has more credibility and they can't blame that on anyone else but themselves. That the US is spreading some sort of broken "democracy" is a little laughable, your own republic is barely democratic with the current electoral college system and the lack of opposition to the 2 main parties. It's basically a choice between the lesser of 2 evils.

It is a sad state of affairs and the whole world is watching. Yes, I agree with your points on our military and war since americans average some sort of conflict every 8-10 years. But at some point you have to start changing and that means tough decisions. Im not a politician but it can be done better by american and it begins with the people. At this point it seems like a glass house.

Indeed, i have had an american say something the stuck to me "We are currently breeding a generation of morons", and i agree with him. I think there are 2 reasons for it, problem #1 is the ongoing "war" on lower and middle class households, the low income and lack of security in their employments combined with the expensive education and healthcare means regular people don't get the chance to succeed, you're screwed from the start. In the meantime big business and large corporations make billions in profits, your country is currently and has ever since the federal reserve bank and its banking system was created, continued to move all the wealth from 99% of the population to the top 1%. Problem #2 is religion. I'm not trying to insult anyone who is religious, but i do believe that it's gone overboard, you have states who are seriously considering teaching Creationism as an equally legitimate explanation of our origin as Evolution, and that scares me a little.

I think most importantly we have become a nation of tolerance instead of a country of responsibility and accountability. Here is another example of my beloved america. I live in the south and they foreclose on the farmers and ranchers, take their land thats been theirs for generations and make them homless. Then you go and pay an athlete to "play" sports 5 year 137million wtf is up with that? Priorities all jacked up..comments plz.

They were probably foreclosed on because it has been generations and they still haven't paid back their loan.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You seem to miss the point, everything USA does is for Democracy and freedom!
    America isn't a democracy. Just sayin'

To be honest though not getting involved isn't necessarily good. Recall that Germany invaded a few countries before WW2 started. Eventually you have to decide to get involved. If anything in the past USA has been too uninvolved aka WW1 and WW2.

I think all they are doing at the moment is imposing some economic sanctions on Russia. That seems like a reasonable response.
    Last edited by goodz; 09-06-2014 at 18:46.
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post

To be honest though not getting involved isn't necessarily good. Recall that Germany invaded a few countries before WW2 started. Eventually you have to decide to get involved. If anything in the past USA has been too uninvolved aka WW1 and WW2.

I think all they are doing at the moment is imposing some economic sanctions on Russia. That seems like a reasonable response.
    Totally bad example.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post

Sarcasm bro, sarcasm.

To hell with this Im moving to New Zealand! Jk lol

I'm feeling Morocco.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Sarcasm bro, sarcasm.
    i understand sarcasm, was just saying its a republic not a democracy :) Everything they do shouldn't be for democracy, or else they would simply amend the constitution and make the country a democracy
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information