Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinion on Elf Strategy

Regular

Need Opinion on Elf Strategy

How viable do you think it would be to have an A/M Elf who is very active and uses a lot of mana doing MV to remove MS from kd mates? I was thinking for next age I could spam MS + Remove MS to create a disparity on the most important spell.

Regular
    Going to add some miscellaneous questions here.

1. What tpa and wpa do you like to use for attackers and why? (feel free to state reasoning for special cases)
    2. Under what circumstances should I release thieves and is it ever okay to release all of them?
    3. What wpa in general is required to take on the role of blanketing Greed and Storms as an attacker?
    4. How useful is it to have an Orc Merchant dragon slayer?
    5. When and why should Merchant be used on an attacker? I like it for the free credits especially which add nice sustainability to a province. But it seems like most people don't like it. Are they underestimating Merchant?
    Last edited by Shadowjack; 04-03-2014 at 17:10.

1. I run with 1-2 raw tpa/wpa. Enough to get intel and offers some protection. If enemy T/Ms want you, they will anyway. A bit lower amount of thieves and wizards allow you to run more soldiers.
    2. If you are deepchained. Better release thieves into soldiers to let them leave instead of your specs. Or release to keep your peasant count above 100.
    3. Usually get it working with 1-2 raw wpa but not sure if it's optimal.

Regular
    Removing MS should only be done on provinces you need to stay on top (unbreakables), other then that it is far more beneficial to MS opponents or to do other offensive acts with magic.

1. It depends very much on where your kingdom is situated, if you are deep down in the charts, runnig 1 wpa/tpa should be enough, but if you are higher, both should be on about ~3(later in the age that is). Attackers only need wpa/tpa for defensive purposes (this is for heavy attackers, hybrids are a different story).

2. When you are chained you should release part of them, but never all of them. If you ever release all, any warring kingdom out there will take advantage of the situation and will NS till there's nothing left.

3. Same as 1., it all depends. But let's say ~75% more raw wpa then your average attackers + some more magic science.

4. half? As in take half of enemies acres, or did you mean to have one of your own?

5. I feel that merchant is more for the top warring/growing kingdoms. Because warring is different there, and it's all about making the econ advantage. But for kingdoms that are down in the charts, warring is mostly about bashing your enemies and taking more land. So I guess that pure attacker personas are better for the lower tier of kingdoms.

Forum Fanatic
    MVing your own provs sucks I would not even bother except in very desperate circumstances.

The Jerks.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowla1337 View Post
    Removing MS should only be done on provinces you need to stay on top (unbreakables), other then that it is far more beneficial to MS opponents or to do other offensive acts with magic.

1. It depends very much on where your kingdom is situated, if you are deep down in the charts, runnig 1 wpa/tpa should be enough, but if you are higher, both should be on about ~3(later in the age that is). Attackers only need wpa/tpa for defensive purposes (this is for heavy attackers, hybrids are a different story).

2. When you are chained you should release part of them, but never all of them. If you ever release all, any warring kingdom out there will take advantage of the situation and will NS till there's nothing left.

3. Same as 1., it all depends. But let's say ~75% more raw wpa then your average attackers + some more magic science.

4. half? As in take half of enemies acres, or did you mean to have one of your own?

5. I feel that merchant is more for the top warring/growing kingdoms. Because warring is different there, and it's all about making the econ advantage. But for kingdoms that are down in the charts, warring is mostly about bashing your enemies and taking more land. So I guess that pure attacker personas are better for the lower tier of kingdoms.
    Sorry, it was meant to say "have". I should note that I know MS takes priority, but I was planning to have others to share that responsibility. Thanks for replies.

Enthusiast
    elf/wh is best pers choice for hybrid a/m. Any hybrid mage will be SUPER science dependent however since without being over 1k acres and having decent channeling sci you have to sacrafice far too much build space to towers.

Regular
    Why WH?

Regular
    Immune to Dragon Effects

Regular
    Why is that so useful for A/M? And how could that possibly be superior to Mystic which has MS?
    Last edited by Shadowjack; 04-03-2014 at 18:50.

Regular
    Most hybrids, by default, do not have either the off of an attacker or the wpa/tpa of mage or thief - you're stretched thin trying to adequately cover many bases. That makes them quite finally balanced and quite reliant on their build and sci to get good bonuses. Sapphire is a ***** with the -30% Magic / Thief Effectiveness. And even things like Golds minus BE and Rubies -Military Effectiveness can seriously cramp the capability of an a/m given that they're already on a fine balance.

Regular
    So you think Mystic is too idealistic for A/M?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjack View Post
    So you think Mystic is too idealistic for A/M?
    I would say so yes. I don't think you'd have the runes or wpa for MS and you already get NM as Elf. +1 Mana is as much a curse as a blessing, as again you have to have a lot of towers to make use of the extra throughput.

So for me Mystic isn't great for am's.

Regular
    Hmm that is very counter intuitive at first thought but it does make sense. Thanks for the info.

Forum Fanatic
    don't use intra-MV in ghettos. just don't.

For most kingdoms, Elf is Mystic because you really don't want to waste other races by picking Mystic, and MS is generally useful along with double guilds. Once MS can be covered Mystic drops off in usefulness, but the extra mana can be utilized assuming some competence in rune supply. I wouldn't want to operate too many Elves though.

Thread Information