Thread: Pitfalls vs Meteor Showers

Pitfalls vs Meteor Showers

Hey I'm trying to get things set up for next age I wanted to know what is the better spell during war
    Meteor Showers or Pitfalls
    I would like to have them both on during to whole war but I still wanted to know what is better and why.

Meteor Showers
    This spell will rain Meteors across the lands of an opponent for several days, killing peasants, troops and more. Deadly and enduring, casting this spell is both difficult and costly. The damage done, however, can be just as great.

Pitfalls
    Placing magical pitfalls throughout an enemy's lands will cause them to suffer higher losses in any and all combat for several days. This is an effective way to frustrate attackers and strengthen your own position in the midst of war

Strategy Moderator
    They serve different functions.

You place pitfalls on someone when u hit them to kill def. ie they take +15% damage when u hit them. Its a worthless spell to cast if you aren't going to hit someone, or they have minmal def.

MS passively kills dspecs/leets/peasents every tick. Never 100% worthless as u kill peasents every tick, but its a costly spell and hard to cast. We tend to keep it on high def attackers and t/ms to slowly kill their def.

One of the main reason was to make either a Elves rogue vs Faeries rogue
    as a T/M. I know Idea is to get a pure mage and pure thief but my kd is not there yet and I can't rely on them to keep spells on or to keep up with ns so this way i have 1 pure thief and 1 pure mage and the others can do both.

Enthusiast
    You dont put pitfalls on everybody. Attacks in war are focused so there is no need for more than 2-3 provinces having pitfalls at any time.
    Now on your race personalities i;d suggest to hold planning until suggested next age changes are out.
    Unless any big changes are made avoid elf rogues. It wont work. It's either halfer or human or faery.

Both has their uses and usually goes along. Cast pitfalls on chain targets or before big hits and keep MS on bigger, well pumped provs that you want to weaken. Also MS is a good tool to keep FB'ed provs from regaining pop, as it negates peasant growth.

@offas- MS doesnt necessarily negate peasent growth, it just slows it down as it is random with the kills. better to pust chastity and riots on fb target.

To answer the question from the original post.. You should have both up in war if you can. My kingdom has an MS blanket up all the time. If you cant do that, focus on big attackers and provinces with high peasents. Pitfalls on the chain targets always. Should only have 2 or 3 provinces that your chaining at a time so that shouldnt be hard to keep up with

Thread Information