Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative strategies/goals

Regular

Alternative strategies/goals

Is anyone running an experimental kingdom next age? Race/perso spreads...., kingdom goals, prov roles in the kingdom...

Pioneers, paradigm shifters, crazy men and women...! Come forth into the light...!

Share your vision with us!

Boggle us with your daring!

Seduce me to your unholy kingdom....! ( I kid you not...)

Post Fiend
    I've always wanted to play a kingdom full of only one race haha. The only problem with that idea is it's kinda brutal. Could be interesting to play a full kingdom of hybrid elves, halflings, or even faeries haha.
    Anyways, it's hard to make this call when changes haven't been announced yet, and I'm sure changes will be quite large this time around.

Needs to get out more
    The one common denominator would be to embrace challenge without the crapola excuses "we didn't know if it'd work". That's the whole point. I spend most ages lending a hand when a kingdom is on the floor, but I could enjoy some Utopian funk. Gotta love to play and bring a winners attitude. A lot of guys go to the ghetto because they don't care, but I go because I do care. And I stink.

I have the Virtual Kingdom to express my vision of fun, but I'm open to other interpretations. Alternatives might be everybody is the same race, chose your personality. Everybody is cleric, chose your race. Example: The Kingdom of Science Diet ~ everybody is sage and we like to learn wave. We demand the inclusion of The Sciece Crown. ~

This would be a cosmic disaster, but it also promises an age of comedy gold.

Edit: looks like sage might be back. Beware human core in those top kongdoms.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 11-03-2014 at 20:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Kingdom of Avian/Tacticians bahahahaha

Strategy Moderator
    I've been wanting to run all undead all leet. This age with merchant could actually be viable, though would be hard.

Forum Fanatic
    Undead can not into Merchant.

edit: yes I have read the changes. I guess it's viable, but an all-elite undead is more of a situational strategy than anything. There are better Merchant options next age, and in most kingdoms Undeads are not the best money makers.
    Last edited by noobium; 12-03-2014 at 00:21.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Undead can not into Merchant.

edit: yes I have read the changes. I guess it's viable, but an all-elite undead is more of a situational strategy than anything. There are better Merchant options next age, and in most kingdoms Undeads are not the best money makers.
    I don't think persain's goal is to optimize.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    I don't think persain's goal is to optimize.
    eh, non optimal=/=bad setup. i think a 25 player kd with 25 undead merchants who only run leets could be a monster for war. I dont think i can convince my kd to run it because its not an optimal setup, but if run by compotent kd you could play it out right. say a kd waves you. only conquest back. you have 1 hit/meter point and you hit outside your hostile to gain land where the enemy cant chain you due to GBP. you theoretically would have 7+ credits/acre saved up and as you grow get peasants you draft/train free def. Come declare you can chain down enemy attackers and massacre a couple of t/m's. Since new Massacre would be so strong you can massacre in war and send leets at dragon if you get chained down to far. by mid late war your undead have decent def still have insane offense and you can start hitting for land enemy t/ms.

Thread did say "Share your vision with us! " been wanting to do something like this for a while, if only :|
    Last edited by Persain; 12-03-2014 at 02:38.

Forum Fanatic
    People can run all-elite Undeads now, so I don't see any reason why it became viable with new Merchant. It's still highly situational, not something to be used at all times.

Anyway a kingdom of undead merchants gets countered very easily the moment a kingdom realizes that giving Undead the initiative in hostile is about the stupidest thing they can do.

Forum Fanatic
    Oh I just saw that Avian and Tactician got hit with a nerf bat. Meh. :(

Regular
    A Kingdom of all dwarves would be awesome and pretty strong I think. Wish I can try it out

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    People can run all-elite Undeads now, so I don't see any reason why it became viable with new Merchant. It's still highly situational, not something to be used at all times.

Anyway a kingdom of undead merchants gets countered very easily the moment a kingdom realizes that giving Undead the initiative in hostile is about the stupidest thing they can do.
    uuuh kinda the point, no kd could wave u and win, and if you plan out any kd you pick to fight u'd likely never loose. and merchant is the choice due to tog+extra spec credits. means you can store up a resource that the enemy CANNOT touch, and if u're able to grow a prov u instantly have income in your kd. anyway just another idea :D

Forum Fanatic
    You can't use spec credits without soldiers. :p

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoweminence View Post
    A Kingdom of all dwarves would be awesome and pretty strong I think. Wish I can try it out
    So try it out! ;)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The one common denominator would be to embrace challenge without the crapola excuses "we didn't know if it'd work". That's the whole point. I spend most ages lending a hand when a kingdom is on the floor, but I could enjoy some Utopian funk. Gotta love to play and bring a winners attitude. A lot of guys go to the ghetto because they don't care, but I go because I do care. And I stink.

I have the Virtual Kingdom to express my vision of fun, but I'm open to other interpretations. Alternatives might be everybody is the same race, chose your personality. Everybody is cleric, chose your race. Example: The Kingdom of Science Diet ~ everybody is sage and we like to learn wave. We demand the inclusion of The Sciece Crown. ~

This would be a cosmic disaster, but it also promises an age of comedy gold.

Edit: looks like sage might be back. Beware human core in those top kongdoms.
    Aah...a few alternative strategies have been produced, but this is the first alternative goal. And frankly once you have alternative goals, the 'optimal' strategies change naturally! (but I will no.longer bow,down to the altar of optimal efficiency!).

I feel like building a Warrior kingdom! Not a warring kingdom. Warriors aren't soldiers....they don't have the discipline. Instead, encourage the values of beligerence, courage, honour, generosity and big-heartedness. No standardized builds/races/peros here..just a wild profusion of woad tattooes showing your originality. Encouraging them in one-on-one fights with provs of their choice, the objective being to have an epic fight and have the best story to tell, not (just) to 'win' the fight.

As you said StratOcastle, a cosmic fiasco by any perspective except our own,..but empowering and human and original!
    Last edited by Brindleleaf; 13-03-2014 at 06:09. Reason: Stuff missing

Thread Information