Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom level strategy age 61

Enthusiast
    Thank you for the in depth reply, I would love to pick your brain some time =P.

What is your opinion on a 20 prov kd running something like 7 dedicated t/m which seems to be pretty standard for war kd.

4 dedicated ms cover mystics.. 2 rogues? 2 rogues worth it or are you better off with something else since prop/aw wont likely have a huge effect with only 2 people behind them?

Id imagine you want something like 3 elf/myst maybe 1 faery/myst. Then would you want 2 guys focused on thievery to make sure you can get runes stolen from other t/m & riots going?

Forum Fanatic
    I wouldn't run Rogue unless I were able to use enough to AW (or propaganda) a target in a reasonable timeframe, so I would want at least 6 Rogues. That is a very steep investment and not guaranteed to pay off. With 2-3 Rogues, it is difficult to inflict enough AW damage to make a marked difference, especially if one or more of those rogues gets destroyed.

With 20 provinces you are better off using the bare minimum of Mystics, and two provinces that can keep up riots and defend their peasants. The provinces that come to mind for the riots role are:

Faery/Mystic - useful since it doubles as a potential MS caster, but difficult to fit good wpa and tpa.
    Faery/War Hero - dragon immunity is helpful in situations where you are forced to tank dragons, and the usual WH buffs (including Plague immune, very helpful for avoiding plague blowback)
    Halfling/Merchant - able to land Riots on better-defended targets like the aforementioned Faeries, and decent as an attacker, but you will almost assuredly eat magic spam or get chained. alternatively they can skimp on tpa in order to afford better military, and try to build up tpa as war progresses.
    Halfling/War Hero - similar to Fae/WH but trades a lot of stuff that a WH would want in exchange for being able to function with less tpa. the same training routine applies here as well.

riots is relatively easy and should be used sparingly, but it's massively important for economy control.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    If you play solo in ghetto better go Cleric over Warrior for Undead.
    Game is not just math. There is many other factors.
    In a manner, this is what I do but for particular reasons. I'm not convinced uniform cores in ghettos are wise, but it seems to be the practice. Cleric can provide a stopgap that requires more enemy attention that may free up other attackers.
    So my default is cleric, but I've been to many ghettos. Most don't value intel as a means of achieving victory, even with several tacticians. I'll find myself gathering a lopsided portion of intel even though the core is more than capable of tracking via SN, som and sot.
    I'll run tac if the kingdom is heavy in clerics and/or warriors. I don't recall ever running a warrior myself as my approach to helping kingdoms isn't through offense. To be clear, I go to kingdoms to help them in an area of weakness. Cleric if they need nw gap control. Tac if they lack the ability to gather accurate intel. I'm almost never asked to provide t/m support but I see this weakness often due to misuse of mana/runes on poor target recognition.
    Inability to use intel is a huge problem across the bottom half of Utopia. Intel is key to the use of campers and gets passed the fundamental of army in/out. In fact campers feed on this fundamental. Tac is not misused but isn't fully realized in it's aspect of theater control. That's why my dwarf is a tac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Inability to use intel is a huge problem across the bottom half of Utopia. Intel is key to the use of campers and gets passed the fundamental of army in/out. In fact campers feed on this fundamental. Tac is not misused but isn't fully realized in it's aspect of theater control. That's why my dwarf is a tac.
    Which is why it is amazing when I see KD recruit threads boasting their lack of IRC usage.. I guess you can still track intel directly through pimp or stinger but geeze it is easy with IRC commands to see exactly what you need. Couldn't imagine how people could dream of functioning without stinger or pimp.

Needs to get out more
    It depends on what the players are privy; many never visit the forum or irc and have no knowledge of stinger. I've only ever been in one bot operating kingdom myself and actually prefer low tech play. Not because I think it's better, more it's the style. The game just feels more connected to me, though I'm a fan of pimp despite it's wonky reliability. I like the ops avatars for quick assessment. Generally Upoopo is the system I'm running across lately. I travel to roughly 5 kingdoms per age and this aspect is evolving.

IRC commitment is an incredible challenge in the soluble ghetto. I've found decent commitment on Chatzy which I find the best chat for kingdom interaction. Even in some middling ghettos I've been in Chatzy. It is very reliable for mobile use as I'm exclusively on iPad myself. With irc I experience bouts of getting kicked out that never happened with Chatzy. Additionally you can easily dial back the chat to see conversations in context.

Pimp at times hasn't kept up with current age defense changes, but I'm all about cross referencing the espionage page now. Upoopo is a wonderful system, but I find it hard to get an overall picture of the enemy. This is a personal thing and otherwise I can recommend Upoopo if you like the math biased aspect vs pimp.
    I'm tech inept and mathematically challenged which might explain my preference for pictures instead of numbers.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    Yea I enjoy being able to pull up intel on a whim with stinger in IRC so that is why I cannot imagine life without it. Also the !calc function to calculate things that need calculating. I can cast a spell in utopia and my browser extension records it for me, attack someone and it gets recorded and reported etc.

Not familiar with Chatzy, we have a whatsapp group - which was funny because i got it a week before they got bought and was like hm never heard of this app before.. then bam $19,000,000,000 acquisition.

Forum Fanatic
    chatzy is feces.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    chatzy is feces.
    Then irc is diarrhea and lower your trolololo. I come in peace.

So name it off noobium. What's the best thing?
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Fanatic
    ^ Lmfao

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Then irc is diarrhea and lower your trolololo. I come in peace.

So name it off noobium. What's the best thing?
    The best thing is a mind-machine interface so I can occupy the brains of noobs and stop them from doing wtfbad things.

Scribe
    ventrilo or skype if you're hardcore

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    ventrilo or skype if you're hardcore
    I've heard ventrillo is reliable vs skype. We used skype for D&D 4th ed. and it fell off quite a bit. I really can't play Utopia with 20 people complaining about my cigars, so no visuals planned in my career.

Use the force noobium. - These aren't the noobs we're looking for. Move on.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Fanatic
    irc is better if you stay in private rooms and ignore the asininity on utonet.

Post Demon
    Wish my kingdom would give this a try (semi-getto relaxed warring kingdom):

3 faery/mystic t/M. Go crazy on the towers. Probably WT's over dens whenever there are halfer rogues in the enemy kingdom - MS is the main goal, everything else is gravy.
    17 (or the rest) halfer. Mix warrior, merchant, and rogue. Or basically whatever. Range pure A "breakers" (warrior) to 2-3 a/T rogues for AW or prop.

Strategy - smash stuff with the best attacker in the game. Watch the poor UD trying to figure out why your numbers are as good as theirs (with much better thieves) while you chain the orcs. Er, or maybe the other way around, chain the UD, shell the orcs - whatever, you can shell half of them and beat the other half down, and then you finally start mass NS the T/Ms one by one for feeding time.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Forum Fanatic
    lol Halfling is not the best core attacker in the game.

lots of Halfers is about the only way Halfer works though.

Thread Information