Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kingdom level strategy age 61

10 undead/tact
    9 human/ tact
    4 faery/mystic
    2 elf/mystic

whats with all the people running like 3 of every race?? Its not gonna work and you will just get owned unless your in a ghetto then it doesnt really matter

This strat would make the undead and human around the same size with the undead being a bit higher in NW. This is to make the enemy focus attacks on the undead while the humans can all ToG to fund dragon or pump provs up to become UB. Humans would be running 2-3 raw WPA to have some protection from FB ad 1 raw TPA + WT and CS. Elf are for blanket MS and faery are for greed, FB, NM or whatever will get you the most use out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    First - Is there an active IRC community anywhere where people actually talk about strategy like this thread? #strategy & #tactics are always quiet. Are there people out there who would be happy to shoot the **** on strategies in irc? What channel?
    If you ask for advice in #tactics you will get it. There are no other good channels that i know of.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by lusitano View Post
    10 undead/tact
    9 human/ tact
    4 faery/mystic
    2 elf/mystic

whats with all the people running like 3 of every race?? Its not gonna work and you will just get owned unless your in a ghetto then it doesnt really matter

This strat would make the undead and human around the same size with the undead being a bit higher in NW. This is to make the enemy focus attacks on the undead while the humans can all ToG to fund dragon or pump provs up to become UB. Humans would be running 2-3 raw WPA to have some protection from FB ad 1 raw TPA + WT and CS. Elf are for blanket MS and faery are for greed, FB, NM or whatever will get you the most use out of them
    Some perform well early, some perform well late, but all perform decently all age is the general thinking about setups this age. So much focus is going to be on economy that little advantages gained in this regard matter
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Post Fiend
    I'm in a kd going for a full hybrid setup for the first time. Are we just gonna get gooned? Haha, we're also letting people "choose their own race/pers wisely."

Forum Fanatic
    #tactics is a ****hole.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    #tactics is a ****hole.
    Yes, but its my ****hole and i'll remove anyone i see not providing decent advice when people ask for it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Ghetto 20 provs

10-orc/tact,warrior mix/gains=quicker chaining/free draft/+25% casualties/20% hosps
    4-human/attacker/tog/20% income
    3-faery/mystic
    3-elf/mystic/hybrid/hitting low on chains-finishing and keeping down

17 attackers-7 provs with tog-6 mystics
    pros ?
    cons ?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Fire View Post
    Ghetto 20 provs

10-orc/tact,warrior mix/gains=quicker chaining/free draft/+25% casualties/20% hosps
    4-human/attacker/tog/20% income
    3-faery/mystic
    3-elf/mystic/hybrid/hitting low on chains-finishing and keeping down

17 attackers-7 provs with tog-6 mystics
    pros ?
    cons ?
    works pretty good except all orcs should be tactician in order to cover all of them with CS and align their attack time. warrior is kind of weak this age and too situational, although they are still a good pick for humans and undead who war a lot.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    By the numbers, Halfling is the best attacker in the game. So what is the property of this magical "core" that weakens halfers?

Only Orc seems to compete to my mind, due to the +gains... so I guess you could use a few halfer warrior "breakers" in an orc core... but bleh, that sci malus is brutal, I'd hate having to work around it. Plus, more halfers means you don't need dedicated "breaker" type attackers - you can always just send extra elites situationally instead.
    UD is just a compromise between orc and halfer - power right in the middle, no +gains, randomly gets a massive buff when plague procs. (Er, well, gives the next guys a big buff.) No thief potential though, so you need fewer attackers to make room for more T/M or A/Ts or something.

Agreed on Orc science being rough on a province.
    Agreed on the fact that you can make halfer a good attacker.
    Disagree on your comparison of a halfer core vs an undead core.

Please show your math on the dominance of Halfling attackers.

Regular
    Orc science nerf is fairly easy to overcome with a few well placed learns and plus 25% gains

Scribe
    4 halfling rogues
    8 faery mystics
    8 faery warheroes

NM+NS chains, halfers to open up hard targets and Warheroes to do the chaining on Undeads

Post Demon
    Re - halfer discussion:

In lower tier, where I have experience (200 - 160 or so) chains are rarely run well enough to force land def. So if you had a few elites on attack, you just turtle up those last elites and go to town on the smaller provs now that you are in NW range. (Also I like trying to keep about 1 dspa *beyond* the first dragon kill to sack later.) No ambushes at the lower level either, so you don't get as land starved after a chain.
    Semi-chains are much more common, but AD and cheap units helps a lot there.

In more competitive kingdoms (I'd guess 100-50ish range) a phone call and a quick TW makes sure you don't get pes locked (and thus can "risk" higher pes/a - via kidnap often), and recasting AD can help if you manage to be on fast enough (unless the enemy is timed for a very fast wave). You'll probably have to give up a little bit more raw offense to make sure there is almost always 2 epa or so on attacks - helps threaten UB as well though. Also semi-suicide chains make UB much harder for the other kingdom.

All that said, if I knew I was going to be chained, I'd probably prefer being orc. But not everyone can be chained in the first few days.

I see 3 major advantages to a hafling core.
    1. Using an "offensive" thievery defense. When all your attackers can do intel and scavenge stuff, you don't need many dedicated thieves. Fewer thieves => more attackers => more attacks.
    2. Ambush. You can use it, they can't (at least not well). Makes them waste spare hits down out of range, might cause a hit or two fewer as they are forced to ambush the chain target, requiring much of their offense.
    3. They can't stop all of you. Halfer is a beast at threatening UB, and unless you are vastly outgunned, they simply can't stop all of you. Someone will make the breakthrough.

I'll remind everyone I came from playing faery attacker (or human) to get access to ToG, so I've been playing econ a lot. While halfer econ as not as good as I'm used to, I've been amazed at how much easier everything is when you aren't only 90% the strength of your opponent military-wise. I have not found halfer all that hard to play (except the one war when I went UB and they tried *hard* to stop me) and advise anyone looking for attacker to seriously consider it, even without making *much* use of the thieves. (Still use them at least a bit!)

My only experience with kingdom-wide strats came from TFC, so mostly I know bits about why stuff doesn't work. (Example - only 2 generals means the enemy just suicides like crazy for 4x or 5x hits - all you can do is double back. So, at that level, UB or "General parity", everything else secondary.) So maybe these 8+ wars an age kingdoms need orc cause of gains - but in the getto wars I do have experience in, halfer works fine as an attacker in a mixed kingdom, and looks really cool and fairly effective in a kingdom strat.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Thread Information