Thread: Some Advice

Post Demon

Some Advice

My KD has a core of 10-12 really active players and 10-12 guys who just login to do their 2 uniques during war.

My idea was for the following set-up:

2 Elf/Mystic
    1 Faery/Mystic
    1 Faery/Rogue
    2 Human/Rogue
    2 Dwarf/Merchant
    2 Orc/Warrior
    12-14 UD/Warrior-Tactician-Cleric attackers.

My main question is whether Human/Rogue would outperform halfling/rogue. Another question is whether Dwarf/Merchant is viable for warring? Any other personalities that would go well with Dwarf?

Regular
    1) My advice: wait for final changes.

2) Is there a reason you've chosen what you've chosen or is it just haphazard?

3) Which if any of the elves/faeries/human are pure t/m

As for the Human/Halfer question, see question 3) above, cause I think it depends on what you're using it for.

Dwarf merchant is viable, it has a good economy and free build and with extra build credits you can probably rotate build pretty easily, and it should be reasonably easy to play. I will say (disclaimer I haven't calculated anything) I presume it's raw numbers aren't up to scratch. As a race it should be fine but there's better attackers out there.
    Last edited by Gakundra; 12-03-2014 at 11:36. Reason: typos

a halfer will outperform anything as an AT, especially if you are using it to AW enemy TM's. That beign said if you are going with a generic A/t then human is a good choice, but rogue is not. Tact is my preferred choice, as it gives you great flexibility to hit just after an enemy sends out and be home on full turtle when they return.

Dwarf merch isnt very strong for warring. Dorf gets more advantages being turtley and bigger than enemy core. Which means it is TM food. You cant protect either your acres or your economy well enough with dwarf as it is.

If you are looking for a dragon slayer/funder and a mass aidbot you shouldnt look past human with any strong war economy persona. Sage/WH/Merch. Merch prolly my least favourite of the 3. Thats being said an elf/WH will perform very well as a bank type in a drawn out war. Has above average wpa, and should be strong on thief defence with WT. Will grow into acres and quickly be sat on 50k pezzies. The bonus to this is you have a very functional AM at war start
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Post Fiend
    Dwarf merchant is not good..dont even bother with it. It used to be good when Protection was 72 hours and Dwarf merchant can come out with 35-45k offense..but after those ages..dwarf merchant get destroyed by T/M attacker easily in war.
    In Anri, We trust
    This game aint the same without Baka

[22:38] <Hellrazor> wow
    [22:38] <Hellrazor> now i hitted u
    [22:38] <Hellrazor> cuase u bounced me

Can play dw/merch.

Think it dies in war and there are better choices.

Forum Fanatic
    Too much race/personality splitting. Makes it too easy to isolate particular provinces and disrupt whatever moving parts you have in mind.

Rogues - Faery and Halfling are the only really good ones. Rogue is for pure defensive provinces for obvious reasons. You should have 5-6 Rogues minimum in order to spam enough AW and ordinary thief ops fast enough to make a marked difference. 3 Rogues, two of which are apparently planned to be fragile as hell, will do nothing but be a giant liability.

Merchants - They still suck for most races, and the two races that would like Merchant most get practically nothing out of it due to their native ToG. Halfling probably gets the most out of Merchant, and Elf Merchant is okay. The others races either suck at making money or just plain suck.

Warriors, Tacticians, and Clerics - pick one and don't mix and match. There is some give and take for warriors mixing with other types, but Cleric and Tactician work best en masse.

Dwarves - Ye olde Cleric works decently, but it is no longer easy-mode like it was a few ages ago. Tactician is a pretty nice package as well; QF+Tact speed basically means they don't need to build barracks and maintain parity with other non-Tacticians, CS+better wt can stop a lot of ops and aggravate pure thieves. Also, accurate espionage effectively means that the Dwarf doesn't lose thieves on intel, which can save quite a few thieves during war. Warrior is kind of good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gakundra View Post
    1) My advice: wait for final changes.
    Gakundra is and was always wise.

Thread Information