Thread: Intra KD razes

Enthusiast

Intra KD razes

You end a war, a couple of attackers got significantly larger than the kd average (grew over 1,000 acres).

Is there a valid argument to be made to raze them to bring their land down to fit the kd averages better & maintain a stronger wpa?

Example, in back to back wars as an orc i got ignored, grew from 770 acres to 1600 acres then 1600 acres to 2500 acres. At that point the next closest heavy was 1500 acres and the largest t/m was 2,000 acres.

Would it be worth it to trim me down to 2k acres so I am still large but not +500 acres large? Or does it not matter because I will probably be chained first anyways in the next war.

its preferable that you are trimmed for kd setup, but intra razes are not the answer, just set ur kd name to free hits on your province. This saves you honour.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Enthusiast
    Ah, duh that is obvious.

Thanks!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Honestly, I think dropping land is really lame and really kind of boring. I get that dropping land off attackers helps keep your strategies nice and simple, but isn't it more fun (and a better experience all around) to just take what you've got and try to make it work? (obviously if you're in the hunt for some kind of crown, where optimizing is actually really important, this is completely and utterly wrong, but that situation effects such a minute part of the community that I'm ignoring it)

Absolutely worst case scenario: You misplay, the big attacker gets farmed and you lose a war.
    Well sure, losing a war is typically not very fun, but at the very least you got to play outside of the box that 95% of utopia seems to be stuck in, and you learned a lesson in how to manage a big attacker, even if it's just "don't do that thing we did."

Try something different. You might find yourselves having a lot of fun ;)

Forum Fanatic
    province trimming is silly and stupid. learn how to utilize a big attacker province properly and it's not that great a problem.

Regular
    Having a few considerably oversized attackers might also decrease the number of KDs which would agree to war you (by exactly those that know how a big attacker province can be properly utilized *grins*).

Thread Information