Thread: Human/Tactician

Post Demon

Human/Tactician

Attacker and ToGer.

Can use CS/WTs to keep out thieves (run 1-1.5 tpa). High wpa (3 raw + sci) to guard against mages. For the rest a normal attacker.

What would you guys say?

1. Homes: 100 (10%)
    2. Farms: 60 (6%)
    3. Banks: 150 (15%)
    4. Training Grounds: 80 (8%)
    5. Hospitals: 200 (20%)
    6. Guilds: 100 (10%)
    7. Towers: 60 (6%)
    8. Watch Towers: 140 (14%)
    9. Stables: 80 (8%)
    10. Dungeons: 30 (3%)

Regular
    I think you aren't gaining enough from Tactician unless you include Barracks. You will still only be able to make 2 uniques per day during war.

Post Demon
    Well tact is only to save room for other buildings. In hostile/start of war you can do the double uniques without rax. Then when the 24 hours kick in you can always add some hours for extra gains.

Regular
    You're still going to get fireballed, esp. if you attack a lot and gain land. Why not just run high TPA and kidnap pezzies for ToG?

You can't run high wpa, (which youll want 2-3 raw wpa for some protection from FB and better ToGing) high tpa, and have a good military without having a crazy high draft which you can't.

Post Fiend
    if you attack your wpa drop. after one or two wave (hell probably from the start if you only run 3wpa) you will easily get owned by FB and will have no thiefs to steal peasants.

Post Demon
    You don't need high tpa. CS + WTs can cut out 45% of all enemy thievery.

High wpa is a must though, but you have sci to add to that.

Postaholic
    6 percent towers on a tog'er.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Post Demon
    With good sci mid-age it will be enough I think. Perhaps early age some more ;)

Forum Fanatic
    On a human I think cleric is better than tactician. If you aren't army in/out with a tact, imo the pers is a little bit wasted. Human often wants to play a bit of a turtle strat and hold armies home, and in this case hospitals are still helping you if you get hit. While the CS is obviously good, I just think the cleric bonus is worth more all around and is more flexible. Human elites are extremely expensive... tact human is rough in terms of sustain.

Also you def need more towers. And get rid of the homes.

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    On a human I think cleric is better than tactician. If you aren't army in/out with a tact, imo the pers is a little bit wasted. Human often wants to play a bit of a turtle strat and hold armies home, and in this case hospitals are still helping you if you get hit. While the CS is obviously good, I just think the cleric bonus is worth more all around and is more flexible. Human elites are extremely expensive... tact human is rough in terms of sustain.

Also you def need more towers. And get rid of the homes.
    Tact human has far greater flexibility than cleric:S If you are big you can flat out use tact bonus to hit after enemy turtles send out and beat them home, if you arent so big, then you can do the same with extra rax against non tact attackers
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Forum Fanatic
    cleric is better for preserving those expensive elites when combined with 15-20% hospitals, or using no hospitals if combat losses aren't particularly important. since human does not always army-in-army-out, tact is not as useful as it would be for a pure attacker, but combat losses are going to be useful every time human sends out.

since your armies should be primarily elite, nightstrike is less of a threat to you, though tactician is nice for stopping kidnaps, riots, and the rogue ops. bear in mind that CS can be removed by vortex, and human is already capable of better mTPA than other attacker options. CS is useful for stopping petty ops from other attackers, and alleviating a thief weakness if suffering offensive thief losses, but if someone really wants to wreck your prov with thievery they will vortex beforehand.

i find warrior is useful for enhancing human's elite, allowing them to keep more defense at home or inflict more damage depending on necessity. it's a lot more situational than cleric and demands lots of hospitals, but once they are in war they are in good shape and stand up very well to being chained.

for any human attacker (or any attacker period) you will want at least 15% tg, preferably 20% or better. for tactician that will probably be higher. you really do not need so many banks or homes - 5% banks will be sufficient. better to grow and build banks during war, when there is economy to enhance.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Tact human has far greater flexibility than cleric:S If you are big you can flat out use tact bonus to hit after enemy turtles send out and beat them home, if you arent so big, then you can do the same with extra rax against non tact attackers
    Crease... for one thing, do you play utopia in a magical dreamland where all turtles hit out at the same time and always before humans do?
    Second, you realize your suggestion means that the human is not army in/out? Which, to me, is not the best use of the tact personality.
    I'll just quote nooblet because he said exactly what I did...

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    since human does not always army-in-army-out, tact is not as useful as it would be for a pure attacker, but combat losses are going to be useful every time human sends out.

The Jerks.

Thread Information