Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a little help?

Looking for a little help?

Hi Guys, I am a player from many, many ages ago(First age I played was the last age of Boats). I use to play quite often but I drifted out because of fire-walling at work. Now I am able to play on a more regular basis again and was looking for ideas on the best route to go.

I would like to play an attacker. I will have access to the game from 10PM to 8 30 AM my time, and then once again from 10AM to about 12AM my time on most days, if not more access. I was thinking maybe Avians with that time frame, but with the changes I am seeing in Age61, I am not sure if I want to go that route.

So I come to you, the experienced players, the people with the knowledge, what do you suggest, and think I should do? (with that, whatever you suggest, if you have guides, build strats, etc, all would be helpful so I can so what it all looks like. That is why I placed this in strat talk.

Veteran
    There's been a lot of discussion since Age 61 changes were proposed. Wouldn't it make sense to join a kingdom and see what they're doing?

Forum Fanatic
    should not pick avian unless you can guarantee to login at any hour of the day.

game has changed a LOT since boats. it's barely recognizable, and building strategies are much more flexible than "build this stuff at all times"

probably the easiest race to pick up the game is undead or dwarf, depending on what kind of kingdom you land in. a kingdom that wars a lot will favor undead, while a kingdom that relaxes will favor dwarf.

Is it viable to dedicate yourself to science and just play an all around province(like human/sage)? I am currently waiting for a verification email(how long does this thing take), so I can't create the province at this time, so I know you guys are saying it depends on the kingdom, but I need to play something I am comfortable with too as a return.

Forum Fanatic
    eventually in ghetto you will reach a point where someone will learn attack your science, and Sage has nothing else aside from more books (and amnesia, for what that is worth). it is not recommended, and it is also kind of weak this age.

human itself is playable by anyone, and probably third overall in races i'd prefer a newbie to play, but they should probably pick cleric.
    orcs are also relatively easy to play.

Regular
    all around provinces are usually not a good idea. it usually results in you being mediocre at everything, instead of excelling in one area.

and the verification email is usually pretty instant I think. I'd check spam, contact support, or try another email address

Everything said makes sense. I know I remember I use to be an Undead player. I loved never getting the plague. The basic thievery only doesn't seem that horrible to me. This is going to sound dumb, but would cleric stack with undead to have -85% casualties when attacking?

Have resent the email, it has been about 2 hours at this point. Oh well, will just wait until tomorrow I guess to do anything.

Forum Fanatic
    the losses mods multiply, so 0.5 (undead) * 0.65 (cleric) = 0.325, or -67.5% losses

Well then, def not worth it I think. Attacking personality would be much better. From reading around the forums it seems everyone thinks undead tact is the best combo.

Enthusiast
    which reminds me, whats a decent ud/tact strategy for war?

Yeah, I was wondering that too.

I was thinking banks, armories, Training Grounds , Barracks, Hospitals , Watchtowers, Guilds, Towers all make the most sense. Prob stables to. The main thing is how to divide it.

I figure even if you are A/m, you are still barely an M, so maybe 10% guilds and 5% towers would be enough there. Watchtowers at 10% MAX, depending on how many thieves you get made. Banks are any wheres from 10 to 20% depending on how you play, I think. Hospitals are maybe 5%, just for that little extra boost. Barracks, armories, training grounds and stables I have no idea at. I see a lot of older strats uses houses too, but I am not sure how effective that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Litreofcola View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering that too.

I was thinking banks, armories, Training Grounds , Barracks, Hospitals , Watchtowers, Guilds, Towers all make the most sense. Prob stables to. The main thing is how to divide it.

I figure even if you are A/m, you are still barely an M, so maybe 10% guilds and 5% towers would be enough there. Watchtowers at 10% MAX, depending on how many thieves you get made. Banks are any wheres from 10 to 20% depending on how you play, I think. Hospitals are maybe 5%, just for that little extra boost. Barracks, armories, training grounds and stables I have no idea at. I see a lot of older strats uses houses too, but I am not sure how effective that would be.
    20%TG, 20%rax, 25%banks, 10%guilds, 10%towers, 12%stables, 3%dungeons (phase the banks out as you grow.) or add in extra guilds to pump wpa early age....

What bonus do dungeons really give you with the prisoners? Is it done so you can keep a higher draft rate? The game defaults you at 50%, I think I would want to raise that, correct? Sorry for some of these questions but the starters guild doesn't really explain the effect one thing has on another the way I need it too.

Wouldn't 10% Towers with 10% guilds be overkill? I would think 5% towers would be enough? Thanks for the reply, I just want to understand the strat and not just blindly follow it.

Side note, Utopia temple seems to be dead, but is Utopia Angel still the way to go?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingaaaa View Post
    20%TG, 20%rax, 25%banks, 10%guilds, 10%towers, 12%stables, 3%dungeons (phase the banks out as you grow.) or add in extra guilds to pump wpa early age....
    no homes? back in the days people used to get like 20-30% or more homes. times change

Quote Originally Posted by padrez View Post
    no homes? back in the days people used to get like 20-30% or more homes. times change
    Lol homes are a waste of space. especially for pure attacker.

extra towers to help your t/m get runes.

70% draft as standard, higher if you want.

dungeons house prisoners. not sure on numbers but they work for you and give you more income also good extra offence which like stables isnt affected by crap BE.

havent used angel in ageeeeees! as i understand its good for working out builds and sci and stuff but thats about it.

Thread Information