Thread: Elf War Hero

Elf War Hero

Fairly new to the game and am considering playing Elf War hero next age and wanted some advice on how to build them. I was thinking of something like this:
    10% Barracks
    8% Farms
    15% Training Grounds
    15% Banks
    10% Guard Stations
    10% Guilds
    7% Towers
    15% Hospitals
    10% Watch Towers

For the initial set up I would probably lose the hospitals and focus on banks to get everything up and running.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regular
    I can't comment on any Elf strategy, but I'll get this part out of the way. Don't pick War Hero. It's just not a very good personality and most decent kingdoms will get annoyed with the choice

Veteran
    War hero has its merits, but it is probably a bad choice for a newer player imo. @OP this looks like it is intended to be a war build, but your sentence about hospitals for banks makes it unclear. Is this your starting build? If so, what does your KD plan to do when you get out of protection? Do they have goals for your province to reach?

Enthusiast
    elf/wh is probably the best war pick you can make. Being in a ghetto that is unlikely to kill dragon only makes it better(although also negates nm which is qq). You'll need a **** load of towers(15% early, 10% as you get some channeling sci). Try not to war under 1k acres or else mana costs will be too extreme. Get rax to equal the more heavy attacking core. TD over WT in most situations.

edit: i should take that back. I guess for a new player there are loads of easier options to make for warring. But don't be deterred if you want to be elf!
    Last edited by topsy's revenge; 19-03-2014 at 18:53.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by topsy's revenge View Post
    Try not to war under 1k acres or else mana costs will be too extreme.
    I have a feeling this is a mistake, but can you explain this point?

Post Fiend
    I think he means rune costs. At small sizes, it's just too hard to produce enough runes to effectively help with offensive spells because of the way it scales. As the age goes on though, I'm sure that science will help counter this problem, regardless of size? I've never played an a/m yet, so I could be way off base here.

Veteran
    Yes, I thought so as well. That's why I was saying I thought it was a mistake.

Enthusiast
    the cost for casting from 1acre to 1k acres doesn't increase much. It starts scaling at the 1k threshhold. So at 400 acres, for example, it's just super hard to get the runes you'd need.

Thread Information