Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarves +30% BE

Dwarves +30% BE

I know it has been asked a lot in the past but I just came back and hear a lot of different stories. Also formulas have been changed a lot in my absence and the guide isn't updated (wiki)
    Since I also cannot remember how long it has been since I played dwarf I was doubting too much. KD mates couldn't clarify if they were right or not.

So concerning dwarf +30% BE is it flat rate incr? Ergo

1*0.9 (90% be non dwarf i.e.) * 1.3 or is it 1*0.9 + 0.3.
    In other words does 80% BE (non dwarf) means 1*0.8*1.3 = 104% BE (dwarf) or is it simple 1*0.8 +0.3 is 110% BE.

Reading the guide this would matter for both science and dragon effects which makes the Gold dragon less attractive if you look at it from that perspective.

Post Fiend
    It's a flat +/- and the dragon is treated the same way.

Enthusiast
    dorf BE bonus is multiplicative not additive.

Post Fiend
    Wiki is out of date then, and the in games values I've been seeing over the last few ages make no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by topsy's revenge View Post
    dorf BE bonus is multiplicative not additive..
    If that's the case than you answered my question :) My hunch told me it would be like that but it's hard to get something confirmed these days.

Post Fiend
    I'm pretty sure dragons work the same way too... I think I remember seeing my BE go from ~80% to ~60% after receiving gold dragons, which would imply that. Not sure which numbers make no sense to slayer...?

Post Fiend
    Last few ages been running 77% BE as an attacker but with gold dragons been getting under 55% BE (should be 58% according to multiplicative) which is contradictory than what has been stated or "possibly" remembered. Then again I'm running off memory as well. I've also seen threads in the past saying Dwarf BE has been broken and has never been 100% confirmed if it is additive or multiplicative. All I know is the wiki was updated from last age because it has dorf at 30% and the formula is showing additive unless who ever updated it was wrong in the first place.

Post Fiend
    Yeah...I suppose I should also say, I haven't really cared enough to really check. All I ever think is "oh, we have a gold dragon. Well that sucks." But, having said that, I don't think I've ever been far below 60% BE. Perhaps Bishop can provide some insight on this topic for us haha.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Anatak1989 View Post
    All I ever think is "oh, we have a gold dragon. Well that sucks."
    Yes.... this so much.

Where is Bishop if you need him!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm reasonably sure BE bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.

Enthusiast
    lets get someone who knows 100%?

/me scouts for Bishop

i am pretty sure i tested this before, but i cant remember what the result was. My post will still be around though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    After digging around, I found this thread and I think I found the root of the issue.

Personality BE bonuses were added on after all mods and this led us to believe that all BE bonuses were added. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

Building Efficiency = [0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)] * Stance * Science * Dragon * Race
    ^people should try testing that.

Still not confirmed though, BE keeps being a mystery this way. addative or multiplicative is a big difference.

Thread Information