Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarves +30% BE

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by utopia wiki
    [ (0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)) * Race * Stance * Science * Dragon ] + Personality
    I believe this is correct. Except that there isn't a stance affecting BE anymore.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by cronoz View Post
    Still not confirmed though, BE keeps being a mystery this way. addative or multiplicative is a big difference.
    That's why you and others should test it at various points of the age to see if it's correct...

Ive been as low as 68% on a dwarf, so for sure its not additive
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

once my BE drops below 100% i can easily test this by swapping race if someone reminds me.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    once my BE drops below 100% i can easily test this by swapping race if someone reminds me.
    Hey uh.. Bishop.. um.. when your BE drops below 100%, swap races and test this... yeah.. thanks..

No stance,dragon or personality to affect B.E. Im building Dorf hero. Ill see.

Post Fiend
    So, for whatever it's worth, with my +0.3% BE science, I'm at 130.4% science. Does that tell us what we need to know, or is that possibly just a rounding issue? Haha. I have 3472 available workers, and 3350 are needed for max efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatak1989 View Post
    So, for whatever it's worth, with my +0.3% BE science, I'm at 130.4% science. Does that tell us what we need to know, or is that possibly just a rounding issue? Haha. I have 3472 available workers, and 3350 are needed for max efficiency.
    It does point towards a multiplier. Its doubtful that a rounding issue would occur between sci displaying .3 and BE displaying .4, if anything, both would display the same rounding error
    - zilyana -

Sir Postalot
    dwarf BE used to be additive for a very long time, somewhere along the way it changed to become multiplicative as it is today. I ran a dwarf based kd an age or two ago and was shocked to learn it started multiplying, because it used to add.

This change really nerfed dwarf a good bit in the process.

Enthusiast
    You also used dorf core like 3 ages before that and it was multiplicative then :P

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    dwarf BE used to be additive for a very long time, somewhere along the way it changed to become multiplicative as it is today. I ran a dwarf based kd an age or two ago and was shocked to learn it started multiplying, because it used to add.

This change really nerfed dwarf a good bit in the process.
    top kds running dwarf notice almost no downside to it multiplying, you sit in pump all age where multiplying benefits you more than additive bonus and then you homes pump for war?
    - zilyana -

notadwarf
    Building Efficiency 89.0%

dwarf
    Building Efficiency 115.7%
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Exact number have been a mystery from the beginning of BE, we have gotten close a few times but never 100% correct.

It is additive with some outside factors included. <- use this as a concept if you want but this has been going on since the beginning of uto.

the old fomula that was come up with was:

(0.5 * (((Peasants + prisoners / 2) / [.67 * Total Jobs]) + 1)) * Sci + Race bonus

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    89*1.3 = 115.7

It's not additive.

Forum Fanatic
    no ****ing ****

Thread Information