9. Dungeons: 30 (3%)

Military:

Offense:

11 elites/acre
    9.6 horses/acre (0.12x80)
    TGs = 15% off
    ME: 7.6%

Raw off/acre: 11*7+9.6 = 86.6
    Mod off/acre (excluding generals): 86.6*1.076*1.15*1.02 = 110.

Defense:
    8 def specs/acre
    MP: 5%
    ME: 7.6%
    Mod def/acre = 32*1.05*1.076 = 36.

TM Defense:

Thievery:
    1.5 tpa
    WTs+CS will catch 45% of the enemy missions regardless of their TPA

Wizzards:
    Get as high as you can, up to 3.5 wpa late age.

Any comments?

Apart from this, has anyone ever tried a KD-wide super off strategy?

Like this:

1. Homes: 300 (30%)
    2. Training Grounds: 200 (20%)
    3. Hospitals: 120 (12%)
    4. Guilds: 100 (10%)
    5. Towers: 50 (5%)
    6. Stables: 200 (20%)
    7. Dungeons: 30 (3%)

7 def specs/acre
    17 elites/acre
    16 horses/acre

175 OPA

Would mean you could take out all TMs at the start of the war. Of course TPA/WPA would suck.

At the beginning of the age I don't think und needs 15% hosp unless you want to protect your def specs(as attacker I don't care much about them). Also with deep draft your BE will go lower. It might be more productive to run 12% wt/stables/hosp each and 16% homes. Or before war starts rebuild the stables into homes. Also 10% banks or 5% banks/arms each wont hurt :).

Forum Fanatic
    moar TG

Post Demon
    1. Homes: 150 (15%)
    2. Banks: 100 (10%)
    3. Training Grounds: 150 (15%)
    4. Armouries: 100 (10%)
    5. Guard Stations: 100 (10%)
    6. Guilds: 100 (10%)
    7. Towers: 50 (5%)
    8. Watch Towers: 100 (10%)
    9. Stables: 120 (12%)
    10. Dungeons: 30 (3%)

What about this early age (first 2 weeks)?

Enthusiast
    elites are cheap. cut the arms. if you are active rely on plunders. since the show starts in 24h, go heavy all the way & semi wizz pump along with it. draft to 70% and setup accordingly. attack 24/7. this setup is not for war.

1. Homes: (20%)
    2. Banks: (15%)
    3. Training Grounds: (25%)
    4. Guilds: (20%)
    5. Towers: (5%)
    6. Stables: (13%)
    7. Dungeons: (2%)

Regular
    Make sure to have townwatch up. With so many home makes it a ton easier to overpop you. And such High O prob be one of the first to go, which more wizards and thieves aren't needed as much at the bottom. I see a lot of those elites going to the dragon killing. No GS makes it harder to get armies back out between hits. And if you get caught with your pants down at the start of war, army home and they take all your land, your done. Land hits prewar are a must, even if its not the kingdom your about to war. Warrior might be better suited, because of 5th general. At the bottom with so much O 5th general is like have 20% better attack time. CS isn't really going to be needed as you will prob be chained right off the bat. Accurate Intel will be very useful, but with so much O you can over send and still be fine, Elite at home is a dead elite.

ud with homes Lawl!

Forum Fanatic
    you really do not need a lot of wpa as undead attacker, and in many ways it is counterproductive. high channeling science is valuable though.
    more tg to account for incoming acres would be recommended, at least 20% and preferably 25%. it would be preferable to have at least 10-15% barracks as well.
    you really do not need homes as an undead, but if the % building types you want are sufficiently covered then homes is the best "i dunno what to do with my acres" building.
    mid-late age you really should factor libraries if you have any kind of decent science. 10% libraries would probably make more sense than 10% homes, especially with gains and channeling being high priority undead sciences.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    you really do not need a lot of wpa as undead attacker, and in many ways it is counterproductive. high channeling science is valuable though.
    more tg to account for incoming acres would be recommended, at least 20% and preferably 25%. it would be preferable to have at least 10-15% barracks as well.
    you really do not need homes as an undead, but if the % building types you want are sufficiently covered then homes is the best "i dunno what to do with my acres" building.
    mid-late age you really should factor libraries if you have any kind of decent science. 10% libraries would probably make more sense than 10% homes, especially with gains and channeling being high priority undead sciences.
    Can you clearify why you believe a high WPA is counterproductive on undeads? I'm really interested in your answer.

Also, weather to run barracks or not on your undead Tactician depends entirely on how your kingdom is set up for waves and what other races/personalities you've got in the mix.

You don't want homes on your undead 99% of the time, THAT is really counterproductive. Given that we are now talking about war-strats ofc.

And sure, libs are always useful, and on an undead with 800 + bpa, libs is a very good choise.

Forum Fanatic
    4-5raw wpa pre-chain becomes 10-15raw after a sufficient chain, and that wpa is not sustainable without releasing something. without a chain, the wpa is effectively dead nw and troops for the purposes of attacking, which hurts your ability to train a useful offense and defense. 3 raw would be sufficient for a large undead, perhaps overkill, but if that wpa winds up having to be released, it doesn't do a lot of good.
    high channeling science is important to get around this overpopulation issue while being a reasonably effective mage. attacker against attacker, channeling science and relative bloat is a greater determining factor than raw wpa - in particular, chained undead vs. a bloated attacker. having better channeling science (which becomes only stronger once land is lost) is usually enough to get a reasonable fb success rate against a bloated attacker.

10-15% barracks is useful for hostile and oow hits. i would operate on the assumption that a non-Tactician would build extra barracks to come closer to Tactician attack time, or that the majority of my kingdom is Tactician. (i wouldn't pick tactician as a minority race anyway). barracks are too useful for hostile and oow hitting to not use. it is also possible to add an hour or two of attack time to align Tactician with non-Tactician, if it is important that the non-Tacts hit first and the Tact needs to keep their army out until it's time to hit.

entering war with homes is typically a bad idea, but with boosted capacity it is more important to pump with homes than before, and if there is literally nothing else to build, it makes no sense to raze homes for something else until you know exactly what is useful for that situation. in ghettoland a lot of my undeads did enter war with 10-20% homes and suffered very little - how well they did was a matter of whether they built the right things, like offense over defense, and how well they were able to manage their hits. having town watch mitigates the suckiness of having peasants on an undead, though it does require paying extra attention to thief defense to deal with potential kidnapping. since i would rather keep homes than banks after a pump, it is common to retain some homes unless i'm waving someone right away and need something else.
    Last edited by noobium; 23-03-2014 at 23:47.

Noobium - you really think undeads are going to get 4-5 raw wpa?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Noobium - you really think undeads are going to get 4-5 raw wpa?
    The point I was making was that it is a waste of time and resources to pump to that level, and that even for a province that attains that wpa through circumstance has serious shortfalls.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    The point I was making was that it is a waste of time and resources to pump to that level, and that even for a province that attains that wpa through circumstance has serious shortfalls.
    typically an average war kd will have something like 1-1.5 raw wpa on their largest attackers, that # of wizzards will be about even on all attackers. So anything from 1 to 3 raw on your attackers is fine based on their size.

Ud Tact got 15%+ rax.

wouldnt change it for the world! try and match me for attack power/durability and speed. goodluck!"

rax tg and stables are your friend. dont have homes.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Thread Information