Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avian tact build help

Regular

Smile Avian tact build help

hi all id like to seek some advice on my build as a avian/tactitian...just a newbie here in playing utopia.. and some advice on military build up thank you... :)

delete your account and choose undead/tactician :P

Quote Originally Posted by lusitano View Post
    delete your account and choose undead/tactician :P
    during prot, you can reset for free. there's no reason for him to delete his account. Deleting your account and making a new one right away can get you banned btw so your advice is doubly bad
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Rigid View Post
    hi all id like to seek some advice on my build as a avian/tactitian...just a newbie here in playing utopia.. and some advice on military build up thank you... :)
    What kind of kingdom are you in and what do you want to aim for?
    Do you want to hit 3x per day everyday?
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

If you really wanna play avian/tact you should ask yourself if you can schedule your life around utopia and send your army out as soon as it gets back in. In war i would run....

20% Homes
    7% Farm
    10% Bank
    20% TG
    10% Guild
    5% Tower
    15% Watch Towers
    2% Dungeon

with 11% leftover i would put into hospitals or Guard stations. The -10% attacks gains for avian will help to keep you from getting fat in war so you might want to do some massacres or maybe even razes since the damage went up this age. Also I would run 1.5 -2 TPA raw(2 is better) and 1 wpa raw. This age you really need to make use of the avian speed bonus. Its not even worth playing if you can't

And LOL im sure everyone else knew that I meant reset account...

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lusitano View Post
    This age you really need to make use of the avian speed bonus. Its not even worth playing if you can't
    Which is why I like the idea of a dwarf/tactician. You can easily add some rax for <8h attacks when you're up for it but are not forced to do it the entire age.

Undead/tact is easier to play though, fewer building choices and don't need to worry about food.

Regular
    @ postalot... my KD put some req. of 20% GS... <p>@ lusitano... thank you for your advice..our KD is not an elite but what i do like is our freedom to choose races..just a minimum 2 uniques will do..im just crazy thinking here what could an avian tact do in wars and do some damage interms of razes and massacres this age...im tired of playing undead :) but my playing level just a newbie :)

yeah avian could still do some damage but if your only going to be making 2 uniques a day then pick another race... If you like the idea of doing a lot of damage then I would go with orc/tact... +25 Enemy casualties with pitfalls, bribe generals and bloodlust on would be deadly for a massacre. Undead is the easiest race to play for newer players but only good to run if half your kd is undead to avoid intra kingdom plague

Enthusiast
    My opinion on intra KD plague is that if the majority of heavies are undead you are going to stand a pretty high chance of being told to chain an undead with plague anyway.

With avian/tact I think you would be insane not to run high hospitals. Purely based on attacking 3-4x a day you will kill your army twice as fast as someone attacking twice a day. High hospitals also helps with plague removal if you are concerned about plague and lets you not get screwed as the %s go crazy in war when land shifts around faster than you can build.

Personal preference but I would base around something like
    25-30% hospitals
    15-20% TG
    15-20% GS
    10-15% Watch towers (Lower end if you are keeping CS up, which you should be trying to do since you are only hitting constantly)
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    5-10% farms (If you are on every 6 hours making a hit you could reasonably be on every 6 hours to steal food and run low end farms to save land)
    Dungeons if you can manage them to make up for no horses.

Enthusiast
    If your heart is set on Avian, go Warrior.

Post Fiend
    I tried Avian Warrior last age, and it just was not versatile enough. I'd personally go with war hero (plague completely neutralizes the avian BR buff, remember) or even sage way before I'd go with avian warrior again. Avians need an economic boosting personality (in my opinion) more than they need extra OME in war. The one thing I enjoyed was ambushing with 5 hour return times with bloodlust. That was always fun.

Couple ages back I went Avian/Tact and enjoyed it. My build was along the lines of what Cry0 posted. I also agree with him that Hospitals are a must, and should be your largest building investment. You will have a lot of land float which will drive down your building benefits, so don't worry about diminishing gains on larger % allocation of lands towards hospitals.

When I played with this combination, most of the kingdom were Orc warriors, so they always typically received the chain attention as the war began. This resulted in grabbing a huge amount of acres and getting very landfat(hitting roughly every 7 hours on average). On War 3 I tried something risky and it actually worked out. Because the Orcs with huge MO were getting all of the chain attention, I decided to run 0% Guard stations for the first 1.5-2 days of war, then change my build up mid-war to include them, and a larger amount of Watch Towers. I timed it right to get what I needed built just as they shifted their focus towards me. Not saying that will fit your scenario, but I encourage you to look for similar opportunities.

Forum Fanatic
    avian/tact is good. avian/warrior is decent.

for pure attacker, you should keep at least 12 elites/acre, possibly higher, unless your avian is big enough to not need the added offense. even if this means keeping something like 4-5 dspa, it is better to have drakes than defspec for the offensive potential. remember that there is no need to send out all of your troops on every hit, and at 6/2 drakes contribute significant defense, so holding back a few drakes can make up for poor defense. the only time you really have to send out all offense is after all defense deserts.

the easy approach, lots of tg and hospitals (25% of each minimum, preferably 30%), the usual incidentials like farms/guilds/towers/dungeons. the remaining 20-30% acres can be allocated wherever is convenient, probably watchtowers or libraries with sufficient science. the high hospitals level is especially important if holding drakes back for defense.

for avian pure attacker, gs aren't really necessary, because landchaining an avian in lieu of most other targets is not particularly effective, due to avian speed being quite effective at the bottom. better to put that land into offensive buildings, watchtowers, econ buildings (homes, banks), or even forts for maximizing total off/def.

choosing what to build on incoming acres is especially important, and is reliant on how the war progresses. avians (and avian/tact) work best for destroying the most dangerous attackers in a kingdom quickly, but they are inferior for taking down turtles and t/ms. just hitting fast is not enough - there needs to be a plan as a kingdom for what to do once the attackers are down, and the biggest threats are defensive provinces. this all of course assumes that a significant part of your kingdom is avian. having a few avians is more problematic to utilize.

avian attacker/thief with tactician is also effective, but it is more complicated to explain and has a lot to do with what kind of kingdom you are playing in. unlike avian pure attacker, avian a/t is a very attractive target to landchain.
    Last edited by noobium; 20-03-2014 at 22:43.

@ Cry0 My opinion on intra KD plague is that if the majority of heavies are undead you are going to stand a pretty high chance of being told to chain an undead with plague anyway.

That is not what I meant. I said running undead in your OWN kingdom is only good if they are at least half undead. That has nothing to do with what other kingdoms are running. Nobody knows they are gonna be warring an undead kingdom sometimes it just happens. My kingdom has multiple chain targets at once so we try not to chain targets with plague for the people that are not running undead but yes that is very hard to do so just some hospitals and bump towers up a bit for NB
    Last edited by lusitano; 21-03-2014 at 14:14.

Thread Information