Thread: Avian / Sage

Avian / Sage

Could this build be good? Would rock late age at least...

Needs to get out more
    A guy around here called Pak ran one in Incarnation back in age 57 or 58; whenever sage still had science defense.
    I joined Incarnation after they lost several players in civil war. We soon got in a war to see what was left and were helplessly outnumbered. The good part was that Pak impressed me as one of the best solo players I'd seen for a while. He turned being chained into real havoc for the enemy stealing runes and FBing among other hyjinx.
    In short, while I'm sure any number of sages are dangerous Pak understood the relationship between speed mechanics, stealth and mana with the leverage of compacted science. Pak had a method there that was the kind of stage-2 thinking that passes most players by in silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Avian also had a thievery bonus in age 58 iirc, which is probably relevant to that story.

Post Fiend
    I think ezkil is still experiencing the affects of St. Patricks day... but to his defence anything is possible within that state of mind. Hmmm I think I remember walking on water with elfs and dwarfs while being chased by orcs and UDs... the humans and halflers, and faeries were laughing at us - they were in a sober state... long story short... the clueless avains did not see the effects of education to understand the situation.
    Last edited by khanmy; 20-03-2014 at 17:31. Reason: typos
    Great Ghula
    Un4GiVeN - 23-26
    Monument - Age 50 - 57
    Shinra - Age 58 - Current

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by khanmy View Post
    I think ezkil is still experiencing the affects of St. Patricks day... but to his defence anything is possible within that state of mind. Hmmm I think I remember walking on water with elfs and dwarfs while being chased by orcs and UDs... the humans and halflers, and faeries were laughing at us - they were in a sober state... long story short... the clueless avains did not see the effects of education to understand the situation.
    wat

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Anatak1989 View Post
    wat
    I think it's considered a limerick.

But my point is that a lot of the influence in Strategy Forum is from lockstep kingdom doctrine. It's not wrong, but it is situational. While I'd imagine the very best solo players are somewhere in the top, I find it a bit of a pity. I have all the respect in the world for kingdom strat success and build efficiency, but this game offers more than that.

I'll tell you, I enjoy being in the undertow. Sure it's not efficient but I can't deny an enjoyment of open dueling vs super waving. Pak played avian sage because it was his style, not some cookie-cutter robot that sees it's days incrementally broken in a 12 hour cafeteria line broadcasting nw and opa.

Avian sage isn't really a stretch like orc mystic, therefore I encourage you to make it successful. Heck, I've played undead cleric with hospitals and no tg, stables or dungeons and it was fun. And successful. I wanted it and made it happen. I've seen avian sage work and a missing bonus won't keep that from happening. Harder? Yes. Fun? You asked. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    I agree with the above post entirely. When I first rejoined 3 ages ago, I played a Human Merchant A/t (human had +1 off spec strength, and +30% op damage). That was very fun. Since then, I've played undead warrior and avian warrior... Undead was good, but the avian warrior, I was just so bored one month into the age haha. This age, in my hybrid core kingdom, I'm trying dwarf rogue A/t, and I gotta say I am very excited to go back to playing hybrid.

Anyways, I'm getting a little off track here. All I'm trying to say is, go against the flow and pick whatever you want haha. Anything can really work, and the more wild a combination seems, the more fun it could be ;).

Quote Originally Posted by Anatak1989 View Post
    I agree with the above post entirely. When I first rejoined 3 ages ago, I played a Human Merchant A/t (human had +1 off spec strength, and +30% op damage). That was very fun. Since then, I've played undead warrior and avian warrior... Undead was good, but the avian warrior, I was just so bored one month into the age haha. This age, in my hybrid core kingdom, I'm trying dwarf rogue A/t, and I gotta say I am very excited to go back to playing hybrid.

Anyways, I'm getting a little off track here. All I'm trying to say is, go against the flow and pick whatever you want haha. Anything can really work, and the more wild a combination seems, the more fun it could be ;).
    It seems like a wild strategy could possibly put your enemy in a akward position when they arent really sure about your intentions. Anyway I just figured the 30 % less casualty for learn attack against humans / dwarves would be kind of nice..

Especially if you find some T/M with a superpumped defence or an explorer etc...

Anyway im thinking of going avian WH as explorer/attacker, lol :o)
    Last edited by ezkil; 21-03-2014 at 02:40.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    Avian also had a thievery bonus in age 58 iirc, which is probably relevant to that story.
    This.

The Jerks.

Thread Information