Thread: Armories vs Banks for Humans BoA

Regular

Armories vs Banks for Humans BoA

Armories 20%
    Guilds 30%
    Farms 10%
    Banks 30%
    Towers 10%

I was planning to use utopia power tools to test the armories vs banks calculations but it doesn't seem to work. As such I have no idea whether armories are useful or not. I'm wondering if I should go up to 15% Towers and 45% Banks for strong income + ToG spam. ToG has no synergy with armories that I'm aware of.

My plan is to have 30 dpa from archers, 1 tpa and over 2000 elites after the first week. Also planning to start out in normal stance and then potentially change to fortified after day 1. Should I consider Schools? I am hoping to pump science as well. It's difficult to conceptualize all of this without being familiar with the calculations. Thank you.

Any advice?

Forum Fanatic
    The value of schools depends entirely on the rest of your income and what rate at which you buy science. Arms are only useful when you're training, so it depends on whether you're stocking gc and then drafting/buying elites, or buying elites piecemeal.

That said, you probably need to move 5-8% of your arms to towers initially for tog.

Regular
    Alright I think I'm just going to scrap the armories and get more towers/banks. Seems more reliable overall for what I want to do. Thanks :)

45% Banks is too high.. buildings become less effective the more you build of them.

Depends on your kingdom strategy what you build. Im guessing you arent shooting for a war right off the start, so wizard pumping would be a good idea and i would pump elites instead of science since its crap in fort and will be much more effective to build arms if you are training elites since science is limited.

I would suggest going with the origninal build strat you posted with a couple minor changes

Armories 17%
    Guilds 30%
    Farms 8%
    Banks 30%
    Towers 15%

Regular
    Unless your going to run armouries all the time or massive training don't bother with armouries. I did a very mathy post here:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...ar-cf-stratagy

This was about the 4day CF but also did some on armouries. Basically drastic building changes are your enemy, costs a ton. Would need to train 2416 elites, non-cf just to break even on training for a double building change at 1000 acres at 10% armouries. 20% doesn't double it, its more, as you get more of a building its effect is less so you would need to train even more to break even, before you would see any savings.

With the 20% income, science, and ToG. Would need to train a lot even to consider making armouries to train them up, like the startup training period now where you would make most of your army for the age. And the rest is just adding or recovering what was lost.
    Last edited by kazinji; 22-03-2014 at 12:25.

Thread Information