Thread: Dwarf/Merch - Build/Unit Composition/General Advice

Regular

Dwarf/Merch - Build/Unit Composition/General Advice

Nub player and first time dwarfer in your average ghetto. My kd wants me to ToG/aid, but grow in to acres if I'm left alone in war.

Right now:
    1. Farms: 11%
    2. Banks: 25%
    3. Armouries: 20%
    4. Guilds: 29%
    5. Towers: 15%

Trying to train elites as much as possible and want decent wpa quick as I'm expecting to see FB in war. What would an ideal unit composition look like? If it were possible would an all elite 6/3 army be viable?

War build:

Last age I was UD. So not quite sure how to do this.

1. Homes: 10%
    2. Farms: 11%
    3. Training Grounds: 15%
    4. Guard Stations: 10%
    5. Guilds: 12%
    6. Towers: 15%
    7. Watch Towers: 15%
    8. Stables: 10% (converts to rax)
    9. Dungeons: 2%

Any help, or thoughts about the race/pers combo in general, would be much appreciated!

Veteran
    2-1 elites-defspecs is alright. Largely because with all elites you'll have high NW inflation and not as much def [you need to keep SOME home]

Going guilds quick is a good strategy. How are you growing out of war? A basic 10% TG/10% Stables is usually pretty useful.

In war build, I'd switch homes for banks. Also, you don't need 15% towers to tog. It's actually pretty easy to get some basic magic sci that'll give you plenty of runes on 5%.

Seems like high off but quick burnout with no hosps.

Lastly, WTs depends heavily on what the other kd is doing.

I'd go something like

10 banks
    12 farms
    10 TG
    10 Stables
    15 GS
    15 Hosps
    15 Rax
    9 guilds
    5 towers

If you really need to add WT [against 5+ thieves], i'd take a few from hosps, gs, rax, TG, stables. However, OK tpa should do just fine against most setups

Sir Postalot
    if you're going to tog you're going to not want to get hit. Depending on your enemy some forts can be helpful as well.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    if you're going to tog you're going to not want to get hit. Depending on your enemy some forts can be helpful as well.

Optimizing between forts and TG and then adjusting your leet/dspec ratio acourdingly to achieve desired opa/dpa never hurts as it reduces the amount of diminishing returns You would hit otherwise.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Thread Information