Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Virtual Kingdom ~ Amber Dream Orrery

Needs to get out more
    Thank you tetley. As a humble person I wouldn't assume either Cuban or domestically available because I respect individual taste. However: The Cuban version is the correct choice. ;-)

I understand you must asterisk your build here for others who might assume your crazy: explaining it's not ideal. But you're admission is understood here. I'm impressed with your insight on this and appreciate the honor focus as a progression interpreting this thread. When you have time let me know what your 25th province will be. Thank you.

Like you I was looking for 9 ToG provinces and could consider 10. As you may have guessed I like amnesia and chose this over a 10th ToG. Perhaps I could look at a reshuffle to get both.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 16-06-2014 at 21:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Today it's an Fuente, Fuente Opus X Petit Lancero. These cigars are Dominican Puros and their claim to fame is the breakthrough Rosado wrapper leaf. While wrapper leaf is the prominent character in any cigar, the lower ring gauge cigars offer a more pronounced representation. Being this is the flagship cigar of Fuente with their very own proprietary wrapper leaf that they painstakingly perfected, I feel the Lancero is an ideal shape to enjoy this marvel of cigar maker innovation.

A little understanding in why cigars come in different size ranges has to do with complexity, comfort and style. Thinner cigars will traditionally not be as complex as thicker cigars because there is limited space to blend different leaf varieties. That's a very long subject that includes region, varietal, where the leaf comes from on the plant and the method used to cure/age.

Opus X are powerful spicy cigars that vary in strength even in their own category. These are cigars for the mature palette and I recommend both smoking after a good meal and later in the day. Leathery and slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon and earth on the long finish. I have smoked more refined Dominican puros but the brash character of the Opus X is a characteristic charm. These are sexy cigars that walk that edge of sophisticated vagabond. Like a number of Nicaraguan gems, I prefer these cigars box aged only with maybe 2 weeks in the humidor. This delivers the trademark sting and IMHO contributes to an earthier finish. If you'd like to knock some of the edge off I recommend 6 months aging after purchase. These cigars won't make you forget Cuba, but they are reminiscent of that bold authentic taste you find in cigars that define the legend.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-06-2014 at 21:19.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    My girlfriend's father likes to smoke a brand called Romeo y Julieta, but I don't know anything about its taste.
    I've smoked one of those before haha. Also good blunt wraps haha
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    I've smoked one of those before haha. Also good blunt wraps haha
    I'm a little disappointed we don't have an herb aficionado thread in the forums. All posts could start with 'allegedly'. I can't partake but I do appreciate a view on forbidden fruits....allegedly.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Turned & Attacked:

I'm looking at the setup of Plaidovia this age as an example of a near zero core that shows a relative success rate. I've played in Plaidovia so I have some insight to the strategic characteristics and activity. Here we can see a compliment of avians doing well as I was witness to those in Noobies Don't Bite.

So one might view this set up with a balance of dwarves and halflings to round out the overall balance. This is a sizable war kingdom that doesn't use any special strategy in my experience. They had solid activity and good province management. When I was with them I picked up a dwarf cleric and maintained a decent size in the top 3rd of the kingdom. There were no campers and no nightmare chains were used. The high compliment of elves may indicate a realization of the strength of nightmare/tornado waving. Nonetheless Plaidovia was successful in my time there and didn't shy away from war. We faced a larger Shinra that also had a province advantage between 2-3, which is indicative of the spirited players. We had our steward abandon at the beginning of the war because he thought we stood no chance against Shinras orc core. This actually wasn't as big an advantage as the kingdom pages. We fought well and didn't lose by much.
    I'm happy to see them doing well. Others may site competition leakage as a criticism, but we're all facing this dilemma.

Suffice to say I think a zero core kingdom is viable and the shortcomings not as daunting as one might be led to believe.

* on a side note I'm checking to see the happiness factor of orc warrior to see if the inclusion of 3 in kingdom is viable. We then would switch the orc merchant to the dwarf warrior *
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-06-2014 at 01:30.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Veteran
    Didn't see this before, sounds fun :p

2 Halfling/Mystic
    2 Elf/Tactician
    2 Faery/War Hero
    1 Faery/Mystic
    1 Faery/Rogue
    1 Halfling/Rogue
    1 Elf/Rogue
    1 Dwarf/Mystic
    1 Human/War Hero
    3 Avian/Merchant
    3 Undead/Sage
    1 Human/Tactician
    3 Orc/Warrior
    1 Human/Cleric
    2 Dwarf/Cleric
    Last edited by Nightmare_; 26-06-2014 at 17:59.

Needs to get out more
    Thank you Nightmare_ *. I see you have the halfling mystics and the undead sage trio. Undead sage can really focus books. Maybe your the one that explained the endurance war aspect to the halfling mystic. ;-)
    ________
    Weed bowls

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Thank you Nightmare_ *. I see you have the halfling mystics and the undead sage trio. Undead sage can really focus books. Maybe your the one that explained the endurance war aspect to the halfling mystic. ;-)
    Thought I'd pick some different choices that still work pretty well. Undead/Sage can get pretty sick gains, channeling, and pop sci going.

Don't think I explained it, but whoever talked about it knows his stuff probably :D Half/Myst can cause some problems late in war. Most likely will be dealt with early; with that in mind I moved 1 Fae/WH to Fae/Mystic.

Setup is a bit fragile but can do some interesting things in the right hands.

Needs to get out more
    Agreed. I'm obviously not a numbers guy, but some things bug my sensibility. I don't like to have rerun spells on one province while others are deprived. Certain races have good spells like dwarf and work great with additions. I always hear criticism of halfling mystic, but the spread is nice IMHO.
    Amnesia for the undead sage when chained can be used to gut the nw middle prelude to a pincer with ops/sabotage support; depending on how many are chained. Again a mid to late war tactic.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information