Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon in war

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Each individual knows exactly when their riots are going to drop and for a ToG race this is more important setting an alarm for than attacking in a close war. ToG the second ticking process finishes, no options to change like riots, you should get off a few spells in the spam np.
    Renew riots one tick before they expire.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. I assume you have some sort of military/wpa/tpa? That means at most 40% of your population is made up of peasants, so about 7500 on 700 acres.

That means 23K raw income from peasants + banks. With income bonusses perhaps 30K. That's 24K with riots. 24K times 48 hours is a total of 1M, and I haven't even deducted army upkeep from that, which should be about 250K aswell, if I'm being generous. You would need to ToG all your mana to even come close to 2M. Of course, you can steal money, but that's not what I call generating.
    This is easy to attain in the middle of war, once the big offenses are dead and/or the Faery starts gaining acres. You don't need all that defense you trained up pre-war once the big offenses are down... feed defense to kill the dragon, kidnap back peasants to fill the empty space (optional) and your peasant population / BE will swell. So long as you remain untouchable to attackers, it doesn't matter, and you trade something you no longer need for something that your kingdom really, really wants. Replicate that over a few Faeries and that is a considerable amount of money.
    Last edited by noobium; 30-03-2014 at 00:09.

Enthusiast
    You gave the answer in your fifth post :)
    You calculated troop expenses 160k. Assume 50% pay rate and you save 120k
    Add this to the 70k and you have 190k per tick. In 9 hours they can fund dragon.

The first 2 were probably from pre war income but the last 2 were send in 14 hours each which is expected.
    You are facing a kd that knows what it is doing

Postaholic
    I don't mind answering some questions.

Merc personalities in KD = 0

Dragon 5 was already 85 percent funded when we stopped, which was before the war ended.

OOW plunders = ZERO / scummy thing to do
    OOW stealing = ZERO / gains have been worthless for many many many rounds

Good war. Takes a good king to realize the signs early and make the rebuild easier/faster instead of the long downward spiral some kds do.

Post Demon
    Ah you were the King from the KD we warred? Well I think you guys really deserved the war win, and we were dropping in NW faster than you guys. No way we were going to win this and this way we can get a new war faster.

That's why I went to the forum for some explanation, because some in my KD were convinced you were cheating. Good to learn from these kinds of experiences.

Edit: @Skoyl. Sorry I misread, excuses good calcs.
    Last edited by Bukharistan; 31-03-2014 at 08:47.

Enthusiast
    We had this happen.

They had one province that was stealing gold from kingdoms who had inactives. He was a small province but prettying funded 3 dragons and was aiding most of his kingdom

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    @ Skoyl your calculations are so wide off the mark I'm not even going to respond to it seriously. Explain to me even with ToG how you can get 190K income/tick on 700 acres.
    I love this guy, asks questions, gets legitimate answers, tells ppl they can't be right.

You aren't asking how one prov at 700 acres can fund a dragon are you? Seriously, if the dragon costs 1.7 mil, and the whole of their kingdom produces 170k a tick it only takes 10 ticks. 170k a tick is EASY in war for an entire kingdom.

I am in war now, on 3k-ish peasants and I make close to 8k gc after everything is paid. On 400-500 acres. Thats with riots and greed. If i drop wages to 100% add another 2k gc. Thats from one prov I can comfortably put in 10k gc a tick. If my kingdom has 17 of me (and it has more) and all we do is put money towards dragon, we crank it out in about 8-10 hours.

Please stop asking questions if you are going to talk **** to ppl who answer. Skoyl wasn't talking about one prov, you just can't read. Unfortunately with this revelation in a game that is text based kinda could be why you don't get it.
    Last edited by Osaze; 31-03-2014 at 01:27.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    We had this happen.

They had one province that was stealing gold from kingdoms who had inactives. He was a small province but prettying funded 3 dragons and was aiding most of his kingdom
    Not us stealing OOW, this was dragons 101.

Thread Information