Thread: Dragon slayer strat

Regular

Dragon slayer strat

Just wondering what people think about having a couple of provs go Elf war hero and running 20% armouries during wartime as a dedicated dragon slayer. Basically, the idea is that all the provs in the KD would funnel soldiers and GC to the elf, who would then proceed to slay dragons using specs while retraining the lost specs at a discounted rate, and taking advantage of the war hero's fast training time to recoup troops lost. Ideally the elf would donate specs every tick equal to the number of specs trained during that tick. What do you guys think?

Post Demon
    You would need to have great organization for that. Yes, Elfs are the easiest dragon slayers but you will need to have them online all the time to make this work. Thing about dragon slaying is that it has to be done as quick as possible. Elfs have a 25% bonus compared to other races when it comes to slaying, not sure if that is worth it. Compared to other races you'd save 1K specs per 1M KD NW. (1M/49)/5 as compared to (1M/49)/4. In a 25 province KD that would mean 40 specs/province per 1M NW.

Needs to get out more
    This is where my math skills are just a blob I hand over to someone else, but in that blob I think orcs are part of the solution and maybe halfling war hero. Could all be relative due to circumstance, but I would see about trade balance. The regular method would be your bigs or hard to op/sabotage guys. I'm sure a comprehensive system could be figured in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    I forgot to actually count the arms, so yeah you'll get some more out of it, perhaps a 30% reduction compared to other ones slaying. But I don't see why you would need WH for that. In the long run it won't matter too much when your troops are coming in. If you suicide on the dragon you're going to be chained no matter what. Also having 5-6 provs run 20% arms is a lot of building space gone. I'd say just use your TMs for the main part (as an Elf on 640 acres I took out 33K points in a 60 hour war), and let your attackers send part of their off/def on it.

Btw, I think the current system of slaying has given UDs/Orcs a huge buff compared to other races. Given the fact that in a lot of wars you might not even be able to draft soldiers, the basic strength of your slaying at the start of the war decides how much you're going to be slaying.

Thread Information