Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i am thinking of resetting to elf

i am thinking of resetting to elf

my kd is low on mages and i also cant truly lose an attacker so im thinking of resetting to elf to play as a/m what personality would be best for me to run with an elf a/m that attacks midsize targets and or gbd targets to keep them down and helps with ops we only have one fairy and one elf currently as our other faery went innactive...any thoughts?

Enthusiast
    If you are needing MS coverage then you are stuck with mystic. If you are not needing the MS, then I'd say tact or war hero personality.

Tact frees up building space not needing rax and allows you to run lower tpa with CS in your arsenal as well as lower thief losses when taking intel (10 thief intel only needed for accuracy).

WH allows you to not deal with plague / drakes to impact your oping ability. Also allows you to get UB if you are turtling with faster training on high defense specs.

All depends on what fits in your kd / setup.

Forum Fanatic
    i'd go with mystic if you only have a few mages. you can live with the lack of an attacking modifier if you know where to place your hits, but lacking MS and easy wpa can be problematic. mystic is saving at least 8-10% acres assuming you want full guild cover, and saves so much time when wizard pumping.

Needs to get out more
    I'm glad you guys poked in. I'm running an elf tac and I have no advice.

Who me? I'm up in acres after war so whatever it is it's working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    elf/tactician is kind of poopy if playing in a situation where nightmare waves are impractical. it works, but without nm in substantial quantities they aren't adding a whole lot.

If you need ms then elf mystic is one of the few viable choices. If not then dwarf is a better option than any elf afaik.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Regular
    Undead Mystic? No farms, 7pt elite no stables is doable. Which frees up buildings. Thieves really don't do much anyways, may as well have more wizards.

Forum Fanatic
    if you're just looking for someone who can cast, thieve, or attack effectively, dwarf/anything is pretty useful. OR is a pretty important distinction though, and dwarf/mystic is quite problematic.

any province, even orc, can cast fireball under the right circumstances. dwarves and humans can do so most efficiently of the pure attacker options, and both have economic perks that a kingdom would want.

would stay away from playing undead as anything but an attacker first and foremost, though if playing undead you should have high channeling science anyway.

if you need a mystic, elf/mystic is the only really viable option. human/mystic is playable but tough to play without time to accumulate science and again the ability to execute effective nightmare/nightstrike waves.

Needs to get out more
    I'm good with low loss stuff for some reason. I actually was going to go with dwarf tac, but was offered to play what I want. Since I had fun with elf cleric last age I figured the relative speed and accurate intel was kingdom friendly while I got to tinker with magic.

I realize kingarc needs an efficient build so I'm not offering advice other than mystic is obvious. It's not just in how you build hybrid, but how you achieve objectives. Responsibility is wonderful, just make sure you're having fun. If your the man then you make the call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

thanks for the advice all

Post Fiend

Elf Mystic A/T/M

Im playing Elf Mystic a/t/m right now.

On 700 acres I have:

1.8 wpa
    2.5 tpa
    50k+ offence with 6 dspa home. 9 epa. It was 9.5 though.

Overall defence with my armies all home is 55k. My science is pretty good.

Elf rocks. I can break most provinces my nw pretty easily.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billah View Post
    Im playing Elf Mystic a/t/m right now.

On 700 acres I have:

1.8 wpa
    2.5 tpa
    50k+ offence with 6 dspa home. 9 epa. It was 9.5 though.

Overall defence with my armies all home is 55k. My science is pretty good.

Elf rocks. I can break most provinces my nw pretty easily.
    I hate to be that guy but..

You are a mystic, the reason to be a mystic is to cast MS. With 1.8 WPA there is no way in hell you are landing any MS with any reasonable efficiency. I am running 4.2 raw WPA and 55% chan science as a faery and failing a good amount of MS attempts.

Your offense is too low to break a t/m, and your defense is too low to prevent a heavy from multi hitting you.

Your TPA is too low to do anything besides basic ops.

There is no way you have enough land to actually run enough towers to do mage ops, enough TD to maintain thieves in war and enough hospitals to keep your army alive if you are attacking with it.

a/t/m doesn't work unless you are fighting bottom of the barrel opponents.. and even then you would be night and day stronger if you focused on one or the other.

Enthusiast
    a/t/m is very good, you just need the right ratios. elf/fae are best at it. human/halfer can be very good at it too. Elves are awesome.
    Last edited by topsy's revenge; 10-04-2014 at 02:31.

Post Fiend

cryo doesnt know what he is talking about

Cry0 you have no idea what you are talking about.

How is 70+ opa not enough to break most people my size? 1.8 Elf wpa + 45% science plus mages fury is enough to MS just about anybody who isn't Elf or Faery with hardly a problem at all.

My tpa is high enough to steal runes and get intel easily. I can get gold no problem out of wsr. Likw i already said you have no idea what you are talking about.

My defence with most of my elites out is high enough that i cant be double tapped by people my size.

I have enough towers to ms every tick. I also have hospitals.

Lol.

Now please n00b tell me some more about my province?

Kthanxbye
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Quote Originally Posted by Billah View Post
    Cry0 you have no idea what you are talking about.

How is 70+ opa not enough to break most people my size? 1.8 Elf wpa + 45% science plus mages fury is enough to MS just about anybody who isn't Elf or Faery with hardly a problem at all.

My tpa is high enough to steal runes and get intel easily. I can get gold no problem out of wsr. Likw i already said you have no idea what you are talking about.

My defence with most of my elites out is high enough that i cant be double tapped by people my size.

I have enough towers to ms every tick. I also have hospitals.

Lol.

Now please n00b tell me some more about my province?

Kthanxbye
    i have higher mod wpa than you just for defence, and i have zero econ from fb's anyway. You are just facing incompetent nubs that arent abusing you cause you have a 'mage' tag as a mystic. 2.5 tpa is useless, you need to run WT with it that low anyway, so your advantage will be gone in a single wave
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Thread Information