Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy

Legacy

Good Bye to Legacy

I am not the correct person to write this, but sometimes sad things fall to whoever happens to be in charge at the time. It is with regret that I announce, to the utopia community at large, the end of Legacy. Its abrupt passage, it seems to me, warrants some explanation and so I will attempt to provide some of that record to everyone who has been observing the kingdom and scratching their heads. I will color code sections so people can skim over stuff they don?t care about. I do this because sadly, I think this will be a long post.

HISTORY OF LEGACY
    As best I am aware, Legacy came into being sometime long ago, but I first ran into them in age 54 I think. I recall them at that time as a newer kd and we were one of their first wars when I was co-leading Monument with Raikon. The kingdom of Legacy warred well and, while ultimately losing that contest, showed promise as a respectable warring kingdom. During the following seven ages Boss and Angels worked hard to build the kingdom into what they hoped could one day become a crown contender but always with an eye towards warring well. Legacy perhaps reached its zenith (to the best of my knowledge) with a 4th rank finish in Age 58. However, it was this same age that perhaps spawned some of the problems significantly contributing to the dissolution of the kingdom. I think Legacy will be remember as a kingdom that had promise as a war KD and perhaps more but ultimately fell prey to bad luck and real life problems. This is a sadly common end to an uncommon kingdom.

RECENT EVENTS

Because there have been a few forum threads about Legacy in recent weeks, it seemed appropriate to comment on recent events so that people could get a handle on what was happening. Perhaps other kingdoms can glean something from this narrative to help their own kingdoms. It is a sad tale and one that is not easy to relate.

The pre-age began with an understood animosity between Cromulent Republic (CR) and Legacy. The roots of this stem from a dispute of diplomatic relations between the two kingdoms in Age 60. This is not a discussion to debate the merits of any position as I have no logs or direct knowledge of the events. If parties with knowledge wish to debate them, I would hope they could do so in a different thread. For the purposes of THIS THREAD, allegations of deal breaking by Legacy will be taken at face value as the end result is the same as if they were in fact true. CR, thus feeling so justified and with extreme disdain for the skills of Legacy and its personnel made it very clear that they intended to make life hard for Legacy at some point during the age.

Legacy who had intended to have a quiet age of small-time warring as they had 50% roster turnover this age suddenly were faced with having to prepare for what could be a very large CR. Thus Legacy abandoned its original plan and elected to try to grow and prepare. With CR engaged early with Pyromaniacs from an early age whatever it was (I refer you to that thread if you really care) that provided an opportunity for Legacy to attempt to grow, pump and secure itself in preparation. Timing being what it was, Legacy had time on its hands and seeing where CR was size-wise decided to test itself against pew pew figuring either 1) Legacy wins and that?s nice or 2) Legacy loses and is shaped and dropped in just about the perfect size to tangle with CR from a position of some advantage.

Pew pew refused the intial engagement leading to periods of pumping and timing of forts and a lot of guesswork and so on based on the timing of the original CF. Meanwhile CR crept closer into size range. A missed alarm by the Legacy cow player (sheister) caused hospitals to be in 1 hr late. Pew pew used that one hr to secure the cow war. While disappointing, it was a salvageable situation if Legacy had mustered the activity to respond in kind. In the meantime, the leadership of legacy went afk (we still have not seen them back). Thus it fell to sheister to try to set the course of the kingdom. (May god have mercy on all).

Legacy failed to come together despite the ubiquitous use of whatsapp. Looking at the situation, seeing how it was going to fall down and measuring the CR size and intel, sheister determined (after various failed salvage attempts) that a proper acre drop would set Legacy exactly on top of CR for a perfect war. In CF negotiations it was determined what acres would be lost with an understanding of free hits on Legacy cows later after the situation with CR was resolved (when Legacy would no longer need the cows because it would go back to small warring as originally intended). The CF agreement worked PERFECTLY (with but a few timing errors). However it had a very big unintended consequence.

Numerous players in Legacy did not understand the situation and thus what had started as less than perfect activity became absolutely awful. With a fort set 24 hrs prior to CR emerging from EoW CF to the tick, the provinces of Legacy failed to prepare for the war. Two went completely inactive, one set VM out of rage/spite and others were sporadic at best.

Sheister had planned this knowing CR had such low regard for Legacy personnel skills that they would wave into fort. Looking at the distributions of defenses present, there was an excellent opportunity that Legacy could perform satisfactory chains on two of CR?s undead provinces in that event and could likely open up CR?s large faery with their unbreakable banks once the major offensive threats were chained. This would have removed a significant portion of CR?s offense and ?free economy?. Thus, with a plan for some initial prospects to do some harm, Legacy?s interim leadership (sheister) was optimistic that his kigdom could do SOMETHING??? but fate is not so kind.

The expected wave arrived. Despite four hours of attempted whatsapp and other modes of communication, Legacy could only muster two hits in return. Sheister approached CR?s diplomatic representative, knowing in advance the answer, to see about a CF. Of course, it was not gonna happen?.. but you never receive if you never ask.

Other diplomatic options were also unsuccessful leading to a choice of come out of fort and pray for activity or stay in fort and pray for activity. Sheister chose the latter while explaining over and over again to his kingdom that if he could get them to show up for a wave so they could chain on declare, then a war that the KD could at least be somewhat competitive in was still possible. 24 hours passed and based on intel a competitive war was still possible. 24 more hours passed and a competitive war?..well?..it was kinda possible? 24 more hours passed and it was clear that the provinces would not motivate to the activity necessary to war a kingdom like CR. With a heavy heart, it was determined that the kingdom would disband. Some few provinces wished to stay behind and fight on in the shell that would remain. Still others decided to randomly move or to join other kingdoms directly. For sheister there remained one last task, to the delete the cows to avoid chart shaping. The sad campaign for a simple age lost?. Forever. It stood upon the complete breakdown of the kingdom which ultimately must bear upon leadership and for my part in that and the loss of a valuable kingdom, the community has my apology.

Legacy disbands but I must express my gratitude and my admiration for the 7 undead, 3 faery, and 2 halflings who remained active throughout this period. I am grateful to each of you and though I have no means other than this post to express it, you will all always have my respect and thanks.

I do not know the fate of Legacy?s players or leadership at this point but I hope they all go on to have success in whatever they do in utopia or in life. A small subset of the core has decided to stay together in the shell that was Legacy and try to rebuild (under a new name and as a new kingdom). I would REQUEST that the rest of the top 10-20 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them just drop down in peace. They have had a rough time and they have a huge job in front of them. For anyone who is willing to assist them both in terms of joining or in terms of building up from a situation like this (I told them I am available to them for any suggestions I can provide) I can give you the contact for the new leader of the shell.

As for me, I will say a few parting words here in case this is not just a Legacy disbanding post but my retirement as well. From what I understand, none of my long-time friends have space in their kingdoms and I am too much a creature of habit to start fresh and try to build a kingdom now. Nor do I have the will to do so after all I have been through these last two weeks. I would like to say farewell to the many friends and acquaintances I have made while playing this game. I will miss you and I will even miss waking up for the odd wave. Thank you each for your time and dedication to the kingdoms I have been a part of over the years.
    Last edited by Sheister; 08-04-2014 at 18:02.

Post Demon
    Too bad:(

Any ex-legacy players looking for a skillful kingdom that doesn't requires you to set alarms for attacking, contact me!

I like to post
    Its bad news Legacy disband.
    If new KD leaders need advices they can pm me in irc.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    Another one bites the dust. Sad to see Legacy go.
    In my own comfort ghetto
    PyroManiaCs (retired)
    AC (retired)

Forum Fanatic
    Can't say I'm sorry.

Make a deal, threaten to raze us and call in friends if we actually keep you to it, and try to force us into a yr11 deal for the following age in exchange for keeping it.

You still owe us 12k acres. (and offering us 900 acres for a CF is laughable at best, Sheister)

just press the button and go out with a bang? :P

OK, I was too subtle int he main body. Please leave all finger-pointing and arguments out of this thread. For purposes of whatever grudges, defenses, justifications, characterizations, desires to assign or apportion blame or any other reason other than to just say good-bye, deem all such things admitted and place them on me.

Sheister is: the worst leader ever, a crappy player in every way, and he dresses funny and so on and so on.

It is all admitted. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    just press the button and go out with a bang? :P
    I can't make a bang with 7 undead max showing up for a wave, 2 faes max..... you can't do anything against a KD that is organized well with that little at your disposal. What we could do was sad. Disbanding is sad. Any effort otherwise would be sadder.
    Last edited by Sheister; 08-04-2014 at 12:10.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    OK, I was too subtle int he main body. Please leave all finger-pointing and arguments out of this thread. For purposes of whatever grudges, defenses, justifications, characterizations, desires to assign or apportion blame or any other reason other than to just say good-bye, deem all such things admitted and place them on me.

Sheister is: the worst leader ever, a crappy player in every way, and he dresses funny and so on and so on.

It is all admitted. Move on.
    If you don't want to be called out, or for legacy to be called out for their own stupidity, don't spend half of your goodbye post blaming us and talking about how we're disdainful of your skill or whatever. Or claim that they are 'allegations', rather than the truth.

You do realize that in the last two ages we've given BB, fratzia, and pyro the button through full fortified, right? Why would us giving you the button in the same situation be disdain?

If you replaced 50% of your core, why try to whore? Why not just go be a warring kingdom?

Why disband when things don't go your way? You didn't even try.
    Last edited by Zauper; 08-04-2014 at 12:12.

I wonder when are the poeple going to start blaming CR for those members who disappear during the conflict :P

As far as i know, all the evil deed are done by CR. Right Zauper/Topsy? :D:D:D

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by fookyih View Post
    I wonder when are the poeple going to start blaming CR for those members who disappear during the conflict :P

As far as i know, all the evil deed are done by CR. Right Zauper/Topsy? :D:D:D
    Its clear Havoc fail its why im not bother to comment it!
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Its clear Havoc fail its why im not bother to comment it!
    Yes, it is our fault they:
    1) broke a deal with us last age and tried to force us into giving them a deal this age to honor it
    2) replaced half their kingdom
    3) decided to whore anyway
    4) went inactive when it was time to fight us.

All of that sound like things that can reasonably be placed on us.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Yes, it is our fault they:
    1) broke a deal with us last age and tried to force us into giving them a deal this age to honor it
    From what i know you broke deal with legacy last age. Same with deal you had with pyro. You broke it and wave fratzia.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Fanatic
    Then you know wrong. Pyro decided they no longer wished to be bound by the deal we made to let them have fratzia first, so we waved per our plan and let them out of it.

You're also wrong about legacy, they invented deals with many kingdoms. But because they felt we did, we offered to make it up, they agreed to that plus honoring the acres they owed, then they backed out of that and tried to force a yr11 deal for this age.
    Last edited by Zauper; 08-04-2014 at 13:08.

Post Demon
    So you guys disband because you lost some acres?

clearly P2Godly was too much.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information