Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honor

Honor

Make it hard to get honor OOW like it use to be.

Why? Please explain your suggestions.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Why? Please explain your suggestions.
    I think honor should be used to promote courtesy and fair play. I think their should be mechanics in play that nerfs honor gains on kingdoms that bully. I think WAR should be the only feasible way to gain honor, and I think that honor gains for a overly aggressive kingdom that gets the war button by taking the meter all the way to 150 with a opponent only retailing should have their honor gains halved, while the defenders still get honor at normal rate. I would suggest that this would only take place if the overly aggressive kingdom has 20 or more points then the defending kingdom. I think this adds variety so that a loosing kingdom could possible gain more honor then the winners.

Post Demon
    You think tricking a ghetto into warring you so you can farm honor is how you promote fair play?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    You think tricking a ghetto into warring you so you can farm honor is how you promote fair play?
    How did I give you the impression I want to make it so I can trick ghettos into waring so I can take honor?
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 17-04-2014 at 16:40.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Because that's the best way to acquire honor when it's not easier to get it OOW...the way it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Because that's the best way to acquire honor when it's not easier to get it OOW...the way it used to be.
    I think that my suggestion is better! Ghettos should be given a fair chance! and plain being farmed for their honor out of WAR negates that altogether.

Post Demon
    You think they have a fair chance in war? This is what you are suggesting.

I don't see any way that this is beneficial. We only just a couple ages ago moved away from this, and it was a good move away.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 18-04-2014 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    You think they have a fair chance in war? This is what you are suggesting.

I don't see any way that this is beneficial. We only just a couple ages ago moved away from this, and it was a good move away.
    No, I am suggesting that honor be kept from bullies! And that if you force a ghetto to war you in the hopes of farming their honor you end up having a hard time getting it. Maybe my suggestion needs tweaked but that is the aim of my suggestion. -- note how I said if they are the aggressor I suggested their honor gains be nerfed by 50% (IN WAR) maybe it should be even more.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You don't have to "force" anything. Wave enough ghettos and someone is going to mess up and end up in war with you.

You don't have to "force" anything. Wave enough ghettos and someone is going to mess up and end up in war with you.
    That part cannot be fixed, but making everyone open and free to have their honor fed on all the time is not solution. I think my suggestion, or a variation of it, is a better solution.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    That part cannot be fixed, but making everyone open and free to have their honor fed on all the time is not solution. I think my suggestion, or a variation of it, is a better solution.
    That's not how the solution works though. Poor kds can't accumulate as much honor as good kds, which means trying to farm them out of honor isn't as lucrative. This reduces bullying and helps make honor a little more respectable as a chart (though it still isn't really).

That's not how the solution works though. Poor kds can't accumulate as much honor as good kds, which means trying to farm them out of honor isn't as lucrative. This reduces bullying and helps make honor a little more respectable as a chart (though it still isn't really).
    What this really does is make a huge gulf between kingdoms; extremely poor kingdoms cannot get as much honor, but anyone just above extremely poor, is now totally open to be farmed on.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Not really. It's much more fair than the old version.

If kds are looking for easy honor, they can pick on a bad kd. If they're looking for BIG honor, they should take on a better kd that has more honor. That's as fair as it's ever going to get without babysitting bad kds and holding their hand.

Not really. It's much more fair than the old version.

If kds are looking for easy honor, they can pick on a bad kd. If they're looking for BIG honor, they should take on a better kd that has more honor. That's as fair as it's ever going to get without babysitting bad kds and holding their hand.
    I disagree! I think the system I advocate is more fair, and balanced.

Thread Information