Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghetto Story: Elf/Faery Mystic, and Halfer Rogue numbers

Post Fiend

Ghetto Story: Elf/Faery Mystic, and Halfer Rogue numbers

So my ghetto is miraculously top 60 now and my monarch's advice I think is going to get us clobbered in war. After our first OOP war he advised one of our two Faery Mystics to train an all def spec army which this n00b did. Come war time #2 this n00b faery mystic has two tpa gets aw'd all to sh%& and decides to spend the rest of the war pumping wizards with low towers and high guilds. Luckily the other faery mystic played correctly and helped me with spells. Meanwhile we start the second war with 3 other mystics, all Elf a/m. They are myself, the monarch, and a dude who deletes first day into the war. So, out of the two Elf a/m left the monarch has low towers, low wpa, and he cannot help with tough spells so I end up having to do MS blanket and other spells alongside the lone non idiot faery. I went in the war with 70 opa and im hitting army in/out had to build 30% towers to maintain spells. Im supposed to be getting help with spells from the faery doing a wizard pump who even after aw had higher wpa than me and the other help but the monarch advises them to keep doing it. So i end up spending hours picking up their slack asking them to at least build more towers but they dont. We win. Monarch spends war high defence bottom feeding. Prepping now for third war, I advise Faeries to have upwards of 5 tpa and halfers to push 6. Monarch who is elf now with 2 tpa/2 wpa while i also elf am on 2.7 tpa/3.7 wpa, tells kd to not listen to me and that i am an idiot and that faeries should not worry about having more than 3 tpa. What do you think?
    Last edited by Billah; 21-04-2014 at 18:11.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Forum Fanatic
    lol what has utopia come to.

faery/mystic kinda blows because they have to carry a lot of t/m power without much space-efficiency in order to secure themselves.

4 tpa and wts depending on who is fought is usually sufficient for defending against most other faeries, maybe 5 against a kingdom with a lot of actually good halfers. "actually good halfer" is an oxymoron in the ghetto.

Post Fiend
    Wow while I was typing this the monarch put up a thread asking to vote on getting rid of me. This should make this ghetto story more interesting.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Postaholic
    So find a decent kd.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Post Fiend
    Nah I need a ghetto. I just play from my phone.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

This was such an obvious move by you, Billah, that I laughed my ass off when I saw it. I'm from the kingdom that this guy is a part of, and I can tell you that he's full of himself. Let me fill in the blanks that he's conveniently leaving out:

- This 'ghetto,' as he wants to call it, has 20+ provs of highly active players (at least half on at all times) and I would think being in the top 60 would excuse us from being put into that category

- The faery that he's trashing has maintained twice Billah's wpa and yet he claims he was 'forced to pick up the slack'

- The only advice he provides is laden with insults, both implied and direct, and it's rarely anything useful (his post is essentially the exact same thing he's been saying to us for the past 2 weeks)

His childish attitude, utter lack of respect for his fellow KD mates, and the constant verbal attacks against our monarch and the aforementioned faery are the reason this vote is being cast. He's constantly talking down to others and throwing his weight around as if he has any type of authority. He ultimately works against the overall morale of the kingdom and we have no desire to deal with it any longer.

And the fact that you 'need' a ghetto to play in just tells me that you know you wouldn't be accepted into any decent organized KD and I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't your first time running afoul of your teammates. You won't be missed.

Post Fiend
    The kingdom is top 60 but it shouldnt take long to get knocked down to size with a monarch who is concentrating more on defence than offence and thinks faeries dont need higher than 3 tpa. The aformentioned faery who this idiot is saying has twice my wpa is the faery who spent the whole last war wizard pumping with low towers and not helping with casting ms or other spells. The monarch another useless mystic allowed and supported this behavior in the middle of the war which made me furious. I was getting off spells just fine and i had lower wpa than the foolish person who decided to wizard pump in the middle of a war. The kd is too big for its britches and the monarch is a 12 year old know it all who obviously does not know how to war. The provinces who want me dead are pretty much the ones who have done dumb things that i consider n00b. This guy above for example has terrible science his category with the most points is food science and he has so little knowledge of the game I'm surprised he can even find these forums.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Postaholic
    Cat fight from a maybe top 60 kd. Roflmao.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Cat fight from a maybe top 60 kd. Roflmao.
    It does sound pretty ridiculous when you put it that way, doesn't it? I'm past over it, to be honest. Billah, the votes are still coming in but in the short time the poll has been up they've all been in favor of you leaving. Just do yourself a favor and leave, since we're all beneath you and you can clearly do better elsewhere. By staying you're just letting yourself 'stagnate' and be subject to a KD of total noobs who have no hopes of being anything other than a ghetto.

Forum Fanatic
    who are these ghettos?

(actual question)

Needs to get out more
    There's room for all players.

@ Billah, you can find a good adoption or random and explore. In the lower tier you have to step away from the intensity of the game. Take a breather. I travelled for several ages helping distressed kingdoms: kingdoms suffering exodus, or long losing streaks. I recommend trying Pillz and Korps kingdom. They admit their activity isn't great, but I think you could enjoy the company. I've played exclusively on an iPad since age 53. Recruiters either need help or they're just kidding.

@ Crystopher, I wish your kingdom a successful age. I can honestly say that every kingdom I've been in I've had players criticize my build strats. They're admittedly an acquired taste. So it's all around ;-)
    It's obvious Billah isn't staying since the signs are posted here for all to see. I hope you can both part ways in a manner of mutual respect. You have a kingdom to run and that's something to be proud and humbled by.

Take care and may the sensitive sweet noobium find his answer within lol
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    i would just like an age where i don't have to wtf at the stupid things people do in this game.

seriously though, asinine or not, you guys should take the advice on tpa levels. 3tpa is too low unless you are playing faery attacker or something. also, go all-elite with faery in any kind of pump situation... even if you're a smaller faery, being able to bank spec credits and turtle behind a wall of beasties is valuable.

comes down to science levels really. t/m without good science is epic fail, and every kingdom should be able to set aside some time outside of war to pick up science. then again i've seen so many people with atrocious science levels it's not even funny...

when you have good science and good honor you can support 5-6 tpa a lot easier. without science, too much tpa leaves the faery too vulnerable to attack, especially as their wpa and channeling requirements to be effective increase.

ever since faery lost their wpa mod, they've had a hard time making mystic work, and faery's spell damage is wasted on MS anyway. there are two, maybe three races not named elf or faery that are suitable for MS caster, and all of those gain nightmares as well. all have issues and are worse at it than elf, but all can make functional attackers or thieves (maybe both) in addition to the mage role.
    Last edited by noobium; 22-04-2014 at 02:47.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Monarch: 2
    Billah: 0

I'm not saying their right, but scoreboard.

Having said that, why not just let them learn? Despite what the popular opinion around utopia is, losing a war isn't the end of the world, especially if you can get a valuable piece of wisdom from it.

@Chrystopher & kd - Billah isn't so bad. A little full of himself, sure, but he's played in very good kd and had the opportunity to learn from some of the best players around. You don't need to hang on his every word or happily accept backhanded advice, but there's no need to throw out his opinions just because you don't like him.
    Last edited by Palem; 22-04-2014 at 03:18.

Post Fiend
    As a Faery Mystic I am running more than 3 TPA.

Forum Fanatic
    if you're fighting any sort of longer war you're probably training extra tpa. should start with 4-5 on faery still.
    you should assume that people are going to try to land riots on a faery if that faery has any kind of economy, and bleeding thieves on riots fail is useful. 3 tpa can usually be rioted, 5ish not so easily.

Thread Information