Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghetto Story: Elf/Faery Mystic, and Halfer Rogue numbers

Forum Fanatic
    How high were his guilds lol?
    War is not the time to pump wiz...

The Jerks.

Needs to get out more
    Crystopher may be more clever than initial impression. If I was a trophy hunter or fisherman this would be a familiar tactic.

we should be asking ourselves 'why' in 3 categories: 1) if the subject is dumber than me 2) if the subject is as smart as me 3) if the subject is smarter than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    How high were his guilds lol?
    War is not the time to pump wiz...
    <- pumped wizards in war.

you gotta do what you gotta do...

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Monarch: 2
    Billah: 0

I'm not saying their right, but scoreboard.

Having said that, why not just let them learn? Despite what the popular opinion around utopia is, losing a war isn't the end of the world, especially if you can get a valuable piece of wisdom from it.

@Chrystopher & kd - Billah isn't so bad. A little full of himself, sure, but he's played in very good kd and had the opportunity to learn from some of the best players around. You don't need to hang on his every word or happily accept backhanded advice, but there's no need to throw out his opinions just because you don't like him.
    It's amazing how many people in the ghetto play aggressively bad though. I was one such person and probably still make nub mistakes, but the stuff I see now is just wtfbad stuff I didn't see several years ago. It doesn't help that the player culture is degenerated to ****.
    Last edited by noobium; 25-04-2014 at 14:52.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I agree, but when it's working, you're not going to convince them that they're playing badly.

Forum Fanatic
    The problem is that some of the aggressive badplay isn't working, and when people make the same mistakes repeatedly and repeatedly refuse to learn, it gets frustrating to explain why these things are happening. It's not even province management stuff so much as mentality and the tactical decisions people think are good.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let me rephrase that.

When it's "working", you're not going to convince them that they're playing badly.

Enthusiast
    Running high guilds through first & 2nd war isn't exactly uncommon, especially if you find a nice kd to bash that you know you can win against while keeping pump going.

Also, top 60 in what?

Land? NW? War wins? Honor? Since when is top 60 in anything even considered worth mentioning?

Billah to join Pillz... that made me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I agree, but when it's working, you're not going to convince them that they're playing badly.
    define "working" :-)
    I've seen Orcs run stupid high def and crap offense. We tend not to hit those because they're not a threat. This often lets them leave war with the most acres gained. I'm pretty sure they see that as success ;-)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Demon
    For noobs "working" can mean:

"High defense strats are better than high offense, look I never get hit in war and I'm biggest!"

"I'd rather run high defense than wpa/tpa, because I always succeed NS/FB on UDs!"

"I run high homes because it gives me higher opa"

"I don't run WTs because thieves will succeed no matter what"

Noobs should shut up and learn. When they have learned enough, they can teach others. I as a Monarch am always open to people trying their own things, but if they do I want a PM with exact calculations and reasons why it works better. Then I usually take it to the forums/strategy channel IRC and discuss it there. I'm no utogod either, but people just running their own stuff without listening to others are doomed to fail.

Forum Fanatic
    hey... i run homes because it gives me higher opa. :(

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    hey... i run homes because it gives me higher opa. :(
    You use it for higher opa on ur faery, or not in silly high numbers in war on attacker provs ;)
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    define "working" :-)
    I've seen Orcs run stupid high def and crap offense. We tend not to hit those because they're not a threat. This often lets them leave war with the most acres gained. I'm pretty sure they see that as success ;-)
    If they aren't winning the war, it's not "working"

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    You use it for higher opa on ur faery, or not in silly high numbers in war on attacker provs ;)
    to be serious for a moment, homes-heavy attacker can work on humans, dwarves, and perhaps avians... but mostly humans.

Thread Information