Thread: raw values

Post Fiend

raw values

When we are talking defensive Wpa and Tpa is it the raw numbers that come into affect?

For an example, i have 2 raw wpa but 4 mod wpa my defensive wpa is 2 but my offensive is 4?

Or 2 provinces the same one has 1 raw wpa and the other has 2 raw wpa but when modded they both come to a total of 3 mod wpa does the province with 2 raw have greater defense then the province with 1 raw?

Same question for tpa also

Thanks

Enthusiast
    There are the universal modifiers
    science, honour, racial, buildings( tds for thievery) which are applied to raw tpa and wpa and give you the mod. That mod is both defensive and offensive.

For magic there is magic shield which gives 20% defensive wpa
    and some races have mages fury which gives 20% offensive -20% defensive wpa.
    For thievery there is invisibility which gives 10% offensive tpa and bribe thieves which reduces all tpa 10%

For spells,
    depending on the spell you need to have way higher wpa than your targets or in some other cases same wpa might do the job. There is a random factor in there.
    It's kinda similar for thieves but there is the number of thieves that you send that influences success rate and gains.
    I cant explain more but with experience you can figure out better how spells and thievery ops are more effective.

Forum Fanatic
    magic and thief effectiveness mods work on offense and defense with the following exceptions:

- Invisibility only applies to offensive thievery ops
    - Mage's Fury puts a -20% magic effectiveness penalty on defense, while giving +20% magic effectiveness on offense.
    - Magic Shield increases defensive WPA by 20% only

for magic, if your relative wpa is not in the range necessary to cast efficiently, you will fail a LOT. theives as far as I know are far more forgiving about opping people with similar mTPA, at least for easy ops and sending few thieves, but watchtowers and clear sight produce a lot of autofails.
    Last edited by noobium; 24-04-2014 at 20:45.

Post Fiend
    Thanks for the replies, just was not 100% sure on the matter. i figured the spells only worked as offensive or defensive type thing just wasn't sure about the science mods ect.

Thankyou again

Enthusiast
    All the things we wrote above apply for thievery and spells that you cast on others.
    For self spells the only thing that is taken into consideration is how many guilds you have.

Thread Information