Thread: Questions About Honor

Questions About Honor

1) Does the difficulty of the op affect how much honor is gained? E.g. MS gains more than fireball? Or is it just a percentage gain of the target, minus NW difference adjustments?

2) Does the damage done affect honor gained? Let's say we're in a war, we're owning the other side, we know they'll withdraw at mintime. Can I just send 1 thief to do arson ops, and get full honor for every success? Or do I need to actually send a 1k thieves and do some actual damage to get the honor?

Forum Fanatic
    1. Yes. There are a few exceptions for ops that give no honor I think (Expose thieves gives none? Bribe ops give none I know for sure). The honor gained is also a percentage of honor, based on your honor relative to target's honor (with net worth also playing a factor).

2. Not as far as I am aware. It is possible to sandbag and do a bunch of ops for no damage, and get the same honor as opping for full damage. Of course this is something you shouldn't do if you're winning, because it just gives the losing kingdom incentive to drag the war for longer and reclaim that honor. It makes more sense to maximize damage inflicted. AFAIK, Free Prisoners gives the most honor of the generic ops, and Incite Riots gives pretty good honor too. Usually I stick with robbery if the war is already long past decided, that way I pick up some resources to pad the war win bonus and speed up rebuild - or pick up runes in order to cast more magic (and deny spellcasting to a withdrawing kingdom).

The honor gains between thief ops is so miniscule that it's not worth worrying about picking honorwhore ops on thievery. By picking the easier ops like robbery, you will succeed more and make more honor that way, in addition to the use of rune theft to stop a few of those annoying last-minute LLs.

Short-term honor gains are pretty inane anyway. If you're fighting a war effectively, you'll (usually) get the honor, unless one kingdom has an overwhelming magic advantage.

Veteran
    A few years ago I looked into this and found that the # of thieves sent will affect your honor gains too, so you cannot do a bunch of 1 thief robs at the end of war. But the # needed to get the max honor was pretty small too, iirc sending 150 thieves was getting me max honor per op. I don't have that data anymore, this is just going from memory.

Theif ops are damage reliant, magic isnt. This is just off the top of my head though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information