Thread: Combat Spells News

Veteran

Combat Spells News

When a combat spell is cast on your province is one possible outcome failed op / no resulting news entry?

you can see, "we saw a mage attempt" but you wont know who tried it, but there is, no way someone can do an op, AFAIK, and you get 0 notice about it.

Veteran
    This was my belief as well. The reason I ask is I am playing dwarf this age and using mystic aura. Typically I see a news item when they fail a spell from MA, either with or without a province name attached. I am hyper active in wars watching news to refresh MA when it gets poped. In one of our earlier wars I had an occurrence where I got hit with MS or greed and did not get a news entry of a fail due to MA. I was 99% sure I had MA up but I chalked it up to my own mistake. In our current war I had this same thing happen twice now with greed both times and I am 100% sure I had MA up. I am not sure if this simply means spells can fail without producing a news entry or there is potentially some bug seemingly specific to greed going through MA.

Edit:
    The result in these instances is a news entry for greed with nothing preceding it. In my Mystics tab MA is gone and greed is up.
    Last edited by 2Utopian; 04-05-2014 at 04:00.

Veteran
    Nobody knows? I guess I will just submit it as a bug later and post the results I get back.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    When you're talking about your news feed, do you mean the actual "prov news" page, or just the news that shows up below your prov? The one below your prov has been incredibly buggy since the sever switch and it's not at all reliable.

Veteran
    My actual province news page. Yes I agree the throne page is not even worth looking at.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Hmm, is it actually supposed to show a message when it pops? I don't actually ever remember seeing one, but I wasn't paying much attention tbh.

Maybe try casting it and have a kdmate pop it off, or a friend in another kd.

Veteran
    In a small sample it does produce news entries.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Well, looks like a bug to me.

Veteran
    It seems that way, I just had a KD mate reproduce in testing landing explosions with MA running.

Thread Information