Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Avian.... What's the Point?

Post Fiend
    I am playing Avian Tactition right now. After being fully pumped prior to war, with my attack times I have 2.5 times the size I started. Six hour attack times diminishes the chances that people attack me because I can effectively ambush most major hits with in a 10-12 hour time frame. The down side is that I have lost 70% of my attacking power with in 4 days of war and I am running hospitals to combat that. The issue I see is not that I am taking too many acres but that my offense is dropping much too fast with trying to chain targets and trying to gain offense to hit larger targets with more defense is becoming increasingly more difficult. I would like to see elites value go up, maybe even 8/1 for Avian so they can maintain offense for a longer period of time. Even with that said -10% gains is really nothing since an invidual can attack in twice the speed as other people. I would potentially like to see -25% gains but the major increase in offense to combat losses. There is quite a bit of ways to combat these things but as people are torn down over a war the avian does not appear to be for a long term war but rather a grind war. Just my opinion since I am playing avian.

Forum Fanatic
    where WERE you playing, strato?
    I think you just need to find a better kingdom, the kind that already employs and appreciates these strategies. Lots of kingdoms use a small attacker to spam the cheapest spell on mystic aura recasters, to pop the bubble :)
    I have nothing against your choice of gamestyle, it just pains me to see good players with interesting ideas playing in the ghetto :P

The Jerks.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    nothing in this game has any point. it's a depressing contest of fighting over increasingly small scraps of resources.
    @ tetley, thank you. As a traveller I promise to keep secrets because it serves my continued viability and doesn't compromise the kingdoms I've played in. I assure you it wasn't a tippy-top kingdom, but I gather you knew that.

Back in age 55 I landed in a very low tier kingdom that had some good players, but was fragmented. We were Black Dragon(?). We warred another kingdom with it's share of problems. We got a foothold and the war was in our favor.
    The war was fought hard with activity from the major players at a furious level on both sides.
    The enemy had a steward halfling named Dark Marena. The reason I remember that name is because she played so hard. She made all the right decisions, hurting us while helping her own. I've never seen a player carry their kingdom on their back like she did. It was noticeable work which is saying something.
    As is my experience traveling there are many fanatical stewards as she was, but none as effective. She was just crushing our undead. She knew how to maintain herself as well. Anyway, in forum talk the approach to surrender was going nowhere. She was convinced her side was still in the war, but I asked her to look around. Her kingdom was a wreck. Soon after the enemy withdrew.
    You see the thing is, we can't have that one. She is gone. Lost in the lower kingdoms. Even if we could, to restrain her would be a sin. I understand the value of top play and the satisfaction some have from that style. For me, being in a realm where the player is up front is exciting. I'm not that good, I know a number of tricks. My Virtual Kingdom is based around these type of players. It's simply an imaginary home for the kingdom that'll never be. Thus it sits in Roleplaying.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 11-05-2014 at 17:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    where WERE you playing, strato?
    I think you just need to find a better kingdom, the kind that already employs and appreciates these strategies. Lots of kingdoms use a small attacker to spam the cheapest spell on mystic aura recasters, to pop the bubble :)
    I have nothing against your choice of gamestyle, it just pains me to see good players with interesting ideas playing in the ghetto :P
    totally agree

Enthusiast
    It can often times be easier to try stuff out in a ghetto than in an organized kd that already has many leaders who want to do things that they believe are optimal. Tbh though, the reason i most love playing in a kd full of good nutjobs is you can try stuff out that you would never be able to pull off without a kd of people that are super good/active.

Needs to get out more
    I guess another way of looking at things is it'd be fun for the community/me to see a SK take an age off and play off the chains. Even ages off are played with a seriousness in strat, but it'd be interesting to see the best go blitz the game in their individual build of choice. I realize tops have a magnetic attraction to doing things right because I run across a few who confess to a level of detox when they try to unwind down here.

We do it here with no irc and pimp. In Thundercats we were no irc and no intel site. But I can sympathize that a nice intel system is hard to leave collecting dust for an age.

On topic: avians are best in the hands of the Giada DeLaurentis types: enthusiasm~hyperactivity as one.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 11-05-2014 at 21:47.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Avian Tacts are best in the hands of instinctive think on your feet players that adapt to enemy strategies
    (sometimes with or without the 'approval' of 'leadership')

4 or 5 Avian Tact 'commandos' as i call it can shave down or massacre/raze the enemy after their wave and its highly effective
    (hubris of 'waving' is sometimes overated and can be both boon and bane to KD executing it, wanting to think it IS the quintessential move to be making)

Moreover they'd be back early enough to take acres such that they might have army out for 2nd round of trads
    and even if the enemy is beginning their 2nd round of chains, they'd be back next tick.

try it yo
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Avian fills a niche for the people who are unaware that dorf is a way better avian.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Forum Fanatic
    dorf is smelly and fat.

Thread Information