Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorter AGES!

Forum Fanatic

Shorter AGES!

Why are ages not shortened to 6 weeks? To stop doubling the work load for developers, just make changes every other round so it is still every 12 weeks. Shorter rounds might actually encourage more wars as there is less time pumping?

Thoughts? It might actually make warring the better alternative to exploring and give kingdoms both Land+Honor+WW bonuses will mean more compete as OOP is when all kingdoms are the same sizes etc!

This is more suited to the suggestions forum.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I think personally it would nice if we had rotating ages, one age 6 weeks, anther 12.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Playing the same age twice is really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Playing the same age twice is really lame.
    Yeah, true!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What you could do is every other age be dedicated to casual play. No charts, nothing recorded. Maybe set up reservations so you can play with your "main" kd on the serious ages and random around on the off ages.

How about a 6 week test age, since we do not have a testing server.

Forum Fanatic
    Well protection was made shorter so everyone had an even playing field and there were no free resources lying around. If you make wars give Land+Honor+WW bonuses and ages are 6 weeks long, people should all be within range of each other for longer and it also takes away the emphasis and importance of running low draft and high science when you get OOR. In effect, it kills the imbalance science creates.

Preferably 4 week rounds would be the best with 24h freeze time, 24h protection and then chucked right into the fold again. People shouldn't need longer than 24h to decide upon the same races. Maybe every 3 weeks, increase freeze time to 72h to give people a rest...

Palem, it may interest people to be able to try out different races/personalities on the same formulas. I mean, what is the difference between 1 x 12 week rounds, 2 x 6 week rounds and 3 x 4 week rounds? All shorter rounds do is keep kingdoms in range together for longer.

If this could be done on a separate server, would be cool.

Forum Fanatic
    I'd also make the charts Top 5 only also so you can't see who is lurking around you. It is quite easy to get CF from threats but it would be hard if you can't see those threats.

Forum Fanatic
    Could also make in Just top 3 whilst game is being played and make it top 10 EOA!

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Could also make in Just top 3 whilst game is being played and make it top 10 EOA!
    seriusly..

If anything, post more! Alot of peaple wanting to put their name on something, so do a top 50 list of
    Most runes killed
    Most books force forgotten
    Most stuf killed
    Accept the fact that peaple want to post their name on the off. records, and making it a purely ELITTIES thing, is making its prestigues, but also blody hard to get, so hard most give up! and in time, leave the game.

An shorter game will solve nothing.
    An reduced list will solve nothing ether, but will make it harder and only serve the very top, again.

Most of the game is NOT done in the top, but elsewhere. ITs fine to have an elittisk game, but dont espect a big player number then.

Forum Fanatic
    I can scratch my balls and make it into the top 100 in this game. It should be hard and something to fight for, not the other way around!

Needs to get out more
    Why shorten ages when you can just ignore diplo and even the field by popular mob? I'm sorta joking, sorta not.
    In the top the age dies quickly if the top is cemented by alliance. For us in the lower tier the game has much value and the journey continues.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. The lower tier requires tremendous effort from individuals in some cases. Say you lack activity in t/m roles or have naive attackers getting hammered by campers. The conventional wisdom from top perspective is to join a better kingdom. It's in this that we lose translation: this is the challenge. May seem selfish, but let me clarify.

When you build better kingdoms, you and your kingdom face stiffer competition. I like competition, but what if my kingdom is full of busy people in RL? So I choose not to force these issues. I suggest things to make life easier and that's all. Personally I love freedom of build, personality and strategy. I get to experiment and try things that aren't deemed efficient by SK. - Think about it: the strategy most top kingdoms rely on took maybe 4 weeks to turn hopeless in all but 2 cases. Top kingdoms should work toward malleable strats that can adapt to changes. Efficiency is predictable, quality is effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    I can scratch my balls and make it into the top 100 in this game. It should be hard and something to fight for, not the other way around!
    Crude way of putting it but true!

I like 12 week ages btw, and would never want to see them go away. But a rotating 6 week age would be okay.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 10-05-2014 at 18:50.

Forum Fanatic
    If you shortened the age to 6 weeks ,half the server would never war at all

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information