Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tagged Hostile and is Sad But True

Regular

Tagged Hostile and is Sad But True

is a damn shame when a ghetto is tagged hostile and if check the news is not a false tag, and kdms twice the size of said kdm feels they can take cheapshots hitting into the hostile, this not just one or two such kdms but are several kdms and all larger kdms.

you guys wonder why this game is losing players , QUIT PLAYING BULLIES AND GROW SOME BA**S FOR CHRISTSAKE :(

hell fire,

you have heard of the boy who cried wolf right? well, at this point, no one cbf to take a SoT anymore. We get a target, we hit it. we move on. I hear the same complaints frmo leadership of large kingdoms when we hit into someone that supposedly we had a CF with. "you nubs we have a CF with them." Really? Where was that posted? how could I hit someone we CFd? Make it ingame, or don't make it at all.

The hostile tag has now been diluted so much by kingdoms who use it to avoid growing a pair that it means nothing anymore. This game spent a LOT of ages trying to get "civilized" rules in place. Now through abuse and misuse of them, the game is breaking down again. maybe it will magically devolve back to when it was fun, but I doubt it.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    The ONLY tags I believe anymore are when they say `Looking for War - Msg us`
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If they hit into your hostile, tell them and demand your stuff back plus interest otherwise you will take it out of their next hostile/war.

Problem solved.

Are you sure you were actually hostile? I've noticed a lot of kds dunno the difference.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Veteran
    I ask them to provide a forum link where they called dibbs on the other KD. No thread = fake hostile :D

What Palem said is correct only if you can back it up.

The problem is the game is shrinking enough and wars are so popular that targets are scarce. You become a juicy ones if you are tagged hostile and smaller and that kingdom is just looking fora wave.

Its pretty simple. There is game rules then disputed rules of etiquette in a war game which is exactly what this is etiquette usually means you are the nice guy and well they usually finish last.

Rule of thumb Dont use a tag... be prepared for multiple actions and you become a better player and kingdom.

If you can handle the situations you are better off then most. But don't expect to be just left alone by larger in better position kingdom that has never been a part of this game.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You can always back it up, it's just a matter of putting in the effort and doing it.

Veteran
    Tags are lame, I ignore them by default. If I think I kingdom is a juicy target I'll hit them anyway regardless of tags :P

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You can always back it up, it's just a matter of putting in the effort and doing it.
    Its true. I fought in a few underdog situations with palem. It can be done.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Needs to get out more
    Stance laziness is partly to blame. Much like the fundamentals of boxing.
    - I won't assume a small kingdom is leaving itself open, but good stance management can curb some interference.-
    And I agree with Palem as I was part in countering larger kingdoms when I was with them. They( big kingdoms ) weren't just farming, but sideswiping us in hostile vs War Monkeys as an example. We went in on them when their pants were down. Once crap relationships are established just enjoy playing screwball because it won't go away unless you make it so.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Even if it takes the rest of the age of intense growing to catch up in size, it can and has been done :P
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Agreed!

no you can't always back it up. that is why you have kingdoms coming on the forums complaining about said actions.

You can trade but you will eventually get worn down assuming its 1v1 and the size difference is large enough.

Needs to get out more
    My experiences and observations have helped me in understanding, as I'd hope yours help you. Unless you're a purpose driven kingdom like a premier war, honor or whore you might want to explore diversification. I understand what a purpose driven kingdom is suppose to look like and why it is that way.

It's unlikely you will beat a focal war kingdom even with a similar strat. I find it peculiar that others will copy/parallel a strat that isn't run in a high performance manner, but this is the standard. It was necessary to get you here by anonymous humbling so that the rest makes sense.

You want diversification in your strat so you can do a couple of things that will help you on your journey. Correctly diversified you should have a probe into any weakness a focal kingdom has. Being diversified doesn't mean unorganized, it means you have tools to solve problems. You should spend some time practicing the digestive tract of your kingdom. Where do learns, acres and plunders come from and how does it strengthen the whole(?) Do we have provinces that can hit outside their nw range and can we defend them(?) The defense team should be able to cover both killers and t/ms. You want to be able to grab a portion of a larger kingdoms nw, say the bottom 6-10 provinces, and feed them through what amounts to a processing plant. The final digestion is learns on the chained husk.
    Consider how many kingdoms ignored super thieves because it was deemed inefficient/ineffective. You should have these in your arsenal. You should have anything that was ignored or considered inefficient and hone it. Put it in the hands of players that want them. Amnesia is ignored, but you'll need that to: People start forgetting how to do stuff and it opens doors for every other capability your little kingdom harnesses.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information