Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roughknecks says goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Leave the game, but never say never. As an individual I simply pumped the breaks as Palem would say. If you're ever curious I recommend travel. See the many corners of the game and plug in as core. I enjoyed helping (as much as I could) kingdoms in distress. Your a noble kingdom and this could be a fun way for certain players to experience the game in smaller doses. Once I did my best I departed leaving invite credits, taking a break and looking through the forum and recruit threads for the next dilemma.
    I still set alarms and rock the clock to lend aid, ops and intel in timely fashion. The losses still hurt, which I think is a good thing. Life is better on a tablet where you can take the game with you. Heck, I'm at the park smoking a cigar and it's beautiful. I've settled into a casual situation: a bucket list kingdom, raw with no irc and pimp.

I understand if it's time to go forever. It's a natural thing. If so, have fun in whatever you pursue.
    The worst part about this guy is that if you get lucky enough to have him in your KD, you need to switch KDs before you have a chance to see him again :P
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Spahrep View Post
    The worst part about this guy is that if you get lucky enough to have him in your KD, you need to switch KDs before you have a chance to see him again :P
    Thank you Spahep, that's very kind. ~ finding yourself in the position of enjoying Utopia can be discovered in many ways. I've had my fun and now enjoy helping others have fun.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the unique value Spahrep brings. Easily surpassing my knowledge ten fold. A generous soul I witnessesed under great duress in game and always handled with grace.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-05-2014 at 21:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Ring-ding-ding, 'tis a Roughknecks thread,
    Please don't spoil it by being a #-head.

That just sounded great in my head :D (don't flame each-other here)

Come on guys, show some more love for Tad and Dax! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dowla1337 View Post
    Ring-ding-ding, 'tis a Roughknecks thread,
    Please don't spoil it by being a #-head.

That just sounded great in my head :D (don't flame each-other here)

Come on guys, show some more love for Tad and Dax! ^^
    I've never played with either of them, but I will say that they made a kingdom that I tried to avoid hitting into over a number of ages and that's something :P
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Forum Fanatic
    ding dong, the wicked witch is deaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Enthusiast
    Play Cat and Mouse with us for close to 2 weeks and then land drop and disband. Weak. I guess quitters are always gonna quit. Good luck in real life. I shall enjoy taking your sciences now.

Enthusiast
    what dowla said <3 ^^^^

Chuck i assume u are in simians, i dont really know peeps, we were ready but you guys were just soo chicken that you just simply could not war us without having at least a 10k land lead. You ran from us, we chased you, u guys kept exploring because omg you cant possible war an opponent similar to ur size. At our wave time to FSU with u guys the disadvantages we had was just way too big. So we decided to go a different route, although personally if i had a say in it i would have waved you guys anyways, win or lose just because....

Btw... thanks for giving us ops 3 times in a week or so. We enjoyed it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loons View Post
    what dowla said <3 ^^^^

Chuck i assume u are in simians, i dont really know peeps, we were ready but you guys were just soo chicken that you just simply could not war us without having at least a 10k land lead. You ran from us, we chased you, u guys kept exploring because omg you cant possible war an opponent similar to ur size. At our wave time to FSU with u guys the disadvantages we had was just way too big. So we decided to go a different route, although personally if i had a say in it i would have waved you guys anyways, win or lose just because....

Btw... thanks for giving us ops 3 times in a week or so. We enjoyed it.

You are clearly delusional there Mr. 5 posts. I am a leader in Simians and have been leading warring kds for over a decade. You guys started with 8 UB faeries, and we were hit 30 times by pewpew while waiting for you guys to grow the balls to give us a button with your advantages. You guys are pathetic and so although I'm disappointed that your kd is disbanding, I am not in any way shocked. Oh and you got ops on a kd with good wpa/tpa...congrats. Big win for you there. Again, thanks for the sciences. Good luck in your next ghetto.

Needs to get out more
    You guys don't get it; we compliment in shifts. You just caught us during our break.

I really don't want to spoil the little secret, but with members departing I feel I must. Simians are the lords of endurance. Look at the top, rewind the charts and you'll see a lot of name changes with one exception. Even ages off.
    So while Chuck means what he says you can also regard this as motivation. Simians offered you the chance to play your best; at your limits. From growth to readiness to patient resolve. Chasing them is learning. You know warring, and I do respect that RL has priority. Just remember that it's Simians age off to relax and come back seriously as they have for many ages. It's a lesson.

Embrace your enemies as you celebrate your friends. They give interest to the game and leverage for wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thanks for the sweet comments Chuck.

I feel sorry for the players who have to play under you when this is the farewell you give to a good kingdom.

Now please go fill other threads with talk about how great Simians are, this one is about saying goodbye to Roughknecks, not conflicts/forum war with other kingdoms.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    Thanks for the sweet comments Chuck.

I feel sorry for the players who have to play under you when this is the farewell you give to a good kingdom.

Now please go fill other threads with talk about how great Simians are, this one is about saying goodbye to Roughknecks, not conflicts/forum war with other kingdoms.
    If you hadn't spent 2 weeks dancing with us, you wouldn't be having this issue when you decided to disband/restructure. You were talking sh*t to me less than a week ago about how we double hostiled you because you took razes from a smaller kd and how you were going to hit into our future hostiles/wars, and yet you guys had no problem hitting us at the same time as pewpew. You brought this attention upon yourself.

Postaholic
    I'll ask of my former roughknecks to refrain to get into some mud slinging contest with Chuck. Its not what this thread is about. And there is nothing to gain from it. Chuck is entitled to his opinions, and us retorting won't change them I'm afraid.

To Chuck: Roughknecks didn't disband due to simians, however; we sadly couldn't war you - because we were disbanding. Which is too bad really. I have a lot of respect for simians, not least because you've managed to stay in the game for this long, and I would really have enjoyed going up against you. Haven't done that in over 30 ages or so. I even promised to get active if it came down ;) Alas, it didn't and couldn't. From your post I can gather you're very upset that it never went down. Take solace in the fact it was upsetting for us too - we'd rather have an intact kd and a fun war than to disband.

I'm sure Simians will find another worthy foe and have a nice end of the age despite not being able to war us though. So good luck with that. Now please let this thread be what it was meant to. A good bye from Roughknecks and not a thread about simians.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    Rarararar

Sorry to see such a kingdom go away.

I don't have a lot of experience with RK, I know I've seen their awesome banners around the last few ages and that when I was in VNV a few ages ago I know that most players there feared RK from a conflict before my time.

Bottom line is, it's not a good thing for the game to have an established group of players go away and I hope the majority of you stay and find good homes elsewhere.

Post Fiend
    Whats this silly thread? You cant disband a Roughkneck!

<3 the ghetto of Roughknecks.
    <3 Dax

Good to see the Roughknecks are following my lead *grin* and go conquer other things then Utopia now. GL and stay in touch? =)

Thread Information