Thread: My Story

My Story

What I'm Looking For

I'm looking for a KD to join and play that's not super-mega war frenzy, only go into the "perfect" war scenario. I just wanna sit around, grow, learn some science, if a war comes by - sure let's go for it - why not. If not, just tool around and chat with friendly people who aren't min/maxers. And if you are -- you're ok with others NOT being that. Someone who's ok with me picking a troll race/pers combo - because now I think that's ALL I want to do. Just troll around and enjoy that fact.

Is there ANYONE out there who would want me?

I would also consider a KD who is active/warring/whoring, but not to the point where they require IRC and required builds/ratios - I mean if you want that, just go make a KD with 25 yous.
    -------------------------------------------------

(Optional Read as to why I'm applying to be recruited)

I played a very long time ago (latest was around age 28-ish I think). Just joined Utopia again around YR 6. The KD was a mess...the Monarch and Steward were arguing, but most people seemed to be listening to the steward. I didn't really read the guide before selecting race/pers and ended up Undead/Rogue (yikes). But I've tried to make it work, and it is surprisingly decent! I keep up with the attackers (never as much raw offense and usually can only double-tap at most) and I'm the 3rd best thief (next to 2 halflings).

Since then, I became the monarch (old one left) and we lost a war due primarily to a sudden realization of the horde of inactives in our KD. We JUST finished clearing them out...and we've been keeping up with the new inactives and weeding them out and keeping the active guys. We're up to 19 active players! But also since then, that same steward from before keeps bugging me. Telling me...in short that my build is stupid, my ratios are wrong, and the KD needs (basically) anyone BUT me. I've developed a pretty strong bond with the KD and will be sad to leave...but I just can't deal with that one province anymore. Having to explain myself over, and over, and over about the same thing (he wants me as a Hybrid to run 30DPA for more offense). Anyway, whether or not he's right or wrong isn't the issue...it's that it's constant harassment about strategy. Additionally, any ideas/strategies I post to the KD is the first thing he targets as "bad" - never posting a suggestion about what's "good" just that whatever I said, was bad. He never wants to try anything (even though after a KD-wide poll suggesting it's the EOA and everyone just want to have fun and kinda' goof around). Well, I figured it would be fun to run some amnesia waves, followed by propagandas. I mean come on - who doesn't want to try that out? Most of the KD was down...all except him actually...but he argued and nagged long enough to tire me out at least. And then it went back to the same ol same ol...your build is wrong, your ratios are bad, etc, etc...

So that experience has lead me to leave.

m9, no undead should ever be running more than 30 dpa, rogue negates your biggest weakness, it doesnt make you a halfling.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Enthusiast
    There is DPA and there is DSPA..

You don't want more than 30 DPA coming from your dspecs at 4 def/unit. over 30 DPA from them would mean you were pushing 8 dspecs/acre which is pretty high.

However, 30 DPA, **** you could be running 15 EPA and have 30 DPA =)
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Hey,

We are looking for players who want to join a KD that funds dragons in 8 hours, and kills them in 10. We have very strong magic at this point in time and are looking for superthieves, attackers or Attacker/thief hybrids. How you build your prov is entirely up to you. We have one prov running 40% homes other people run none, as long as you pitch in for dragons and not random into bigger kd's you can basically do what you like :)

after clearing inactives we are down to 15 provs. But we're sitting at 4 mil NW at the moment so we're nothing to sneeze at :) if we had 5 more active provs we would be top 100.

We are currently 2/3. We don't war often and we only war when we think we have a good chance of winning :) You will be expected to hit twice a day during war. We use upoopu, though it isn't compulsory. feel free to Pm me if you want in :)

Hey,

We are looking for players who want to join a KD that funds dragons in 8 hours, and kills them in 10. We have very strong magic at this point in time and are looking for superthieves, attackers or Attacker/thief hybrids. How you build your prov is entirely up to you. We have one prov running 40% homes other people run none, as long as you pitch in for dragons and not random into bigger kd's you can basically do what you like :)

after clearing inactives we are down to 15 provs. But we're sitting at 4 mil NW at the moment so we're nothing to sneeze at :) if we had 5 more active provs we would be top 100.

We are currently 2/3. We don't war often and we only war when we think we have a good chance of winning :) You will be expected to hit twice a day during war. We use upoopu. Feel free to Pm me if you want in :)

Thread Information