Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old Guard is recruiting

Enthusiast

The Old Guard is recruiting

We are looking to recruit people for next age.

Requirements

Our requirements are pretty lax but sufficient for war purposes. We use KD chat for communication since not everyone has made the switch to use IRC. Upoopu is used for intel purposes. Outside of war, we ask that you follow the KD guidelines and do enough to maintain your province in a good shape.
    For attackers, we ask that they be able to do min of 2 hits per day in war. For T/Ms, we ask that they check in as often as possible while war is going on as you never know when an attacker requires a particular spell or op to be done on the enemy for a breakthrough.

Our Goal

1) To be a mid-tier warring KD
    2) We will aim to do 4-6 wars
    3) To have as much fun as possible without compromising on the integrity of the KD

A little History about us

The Old Guard was formed by the merger of 2 KDs in Age 61. You wonder why the name Old Guard? Well, most of us in the KD were old timers returning after a long gap and we all had common stories to share from times of yore. Much of what we knew of the game was based on what we learnt in the past. We all understood that the game isn't all about warring. It's about the companionship and bond you form with your fellow KD mates as well. Both KDs merged after finding that the other KD shared the same principles.
    Initially, we started off with 25 provinces but due to the mayhem of the early days in which we were settling down and trying to get used to each other, we lost a couple of wars and lost about half of our strength. We didn't lose heart in our core beliefs and continued on gamely. By the second half of the age, we had turned things around after striking a bond with each other and trusting each other to do the right thing and to have each other's back. Along the way, we were strengthened by the entry of newcomers and fellow players returning after a long time off. We ended up winning the next couple of wars and for now, we look to finish the age on 2/4 war wins.

We are extremely happy with this as it showed that we were finally clicking together and getting things done after incorporating our old strategies and modern strategies with a good degree of success. We hope to carry forward this momentum to the next age.

If anyone is interested in checking us out, feel free to send me a pm or reply here.

Regular
    I would love to give this a good effort. Lots of communication will help me pick up quickly as I can, if nothing else, listen to advice and actually heed it. I am kind of stuck with wanting to be a thief of some kind if that's alright. I learn fast and am online quite often, by that i mean on a normal day I can log on about 6-8 times during my work shift alone. this game appeals to me cause it seems like something I could really get into but not have to invest hours at a time, I can log on often but only for 20 or so minutes at a time at work. Hopefully that would be enough and of course I have more time before and after work. Would love to hear from y'all, let me know :D

Needs to get out more
    Deep respect from me Shrinky. I'm back on the road next age. If you find yourself in a jam for any reason let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Hi Ecdain, thanks for your interest in the kingdom! If you are active and a good team player than we for sure have room for you. Even if this is a new game for you we have lots of players that will teach you and answer any questions you have. We are mostly filled with older players that have returned to the game but we also have newer players that are active and learning - it is a great mix.. I have been with this kingdom since the start and it has been an awesome ride so far.. We really have come a long way and have a great core group of players that are active, friendly and always willing to help others. And you know you can count on your teammates in this kingdom to stick up for you! I was one of the original leaders to merge kingdom last age but I am playing a little more relaxed now, Shrinky is sleeping now but will be up in 5-6 hours or so.

TOG has some awesome players. :)
    PEW PEW PEW!

Enthusiast
    Ecdain, please check your PM. I've sent the relevant details to you there :)

Strato and Nim, thanks! Strato, have you decided which KD you will be moving to first?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    Ecdain, please check your PM. I've sent the relevant details to you there :)

Strato and Nim, thanks! Strato, have you decided which KD you will be moving to first?
    I received a pm from one kingdom asking about a 3-4 week stay at BOA 62. That's a bit steep to do my rounds unless I can line up a few adoptions. If it falls through I'll let you know first.
    I was mildly lucky this age in that the kingdoms in distress essentially self emulated, but there were a couple I'd have liked to help that have sunk. These things tug at me, even if the community at large dislikes them. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Bump. We are still recruiting for next age.

Props to shrinky...bump
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Post Fiend
    One for shrinky... awesome guy. If you want to have fun, join old guard!
    In my own comfort ghetto
    PyroManiaCs (retired)
    AC (retired)

Enthusiast
    Thanks tras19 and Heiney ^.^

We still have 2 spots open for next age. Looking for attackers preferably. If you can play hybrid well, that will also work for us.

Regular
    Bump still have a couple spots open

I made a thread searching for a kd and someone pointed me to you guys. Your kd sounds like everything I'm looking for. Im eager and willing to do what it takes to help our kd be successful. It has been awhile since I have played and I will require some refreshing. I'm available almost anyrime day or night. I hope that you will consider me to become part of your online family. If you have any questions at all, anything, feel free to ask. Thanks!

Also I'm hoping to play preferably t/M or A/M.
    Last edited by nkw; 23-06-2014 at 04:17.

Hello there,

started again after quitting some time ago - 10 yrs I'd guess, perhaps more. Checked history records and last kingdom I remember playing in was Equilibrium around age 20. Was used to play in quite organized kingdoms, leading Absalom kingdoms around age 5 or Equilibrium age 15-20.

Basically I want to play again in an active kingdom, perhaps not as time consuming as before. But still I will be able to log in several times a day (playing from Europe). If my experience matches your expectations, just contact me :)

BTW: No preferred playstyle, can play the role you need.

Enthusiast
    Hi Khoradim and nkw, thanks for the interest shown in joining us.
    nkw, I will contact you in pm for all further relevant details.
    Khoradim, I can't contact you in pm as yet since you need to have a minimum of 5 posts in the forums before pm facilities are unlocked for you. Could you please put up some more posts in and around the forums so as to unlock your pm facility?

Alternatively, if you guys would like to speed this up, you can find us in IRC at #tog

Thread Information