Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Large Human Kingdoms

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Yup these forums have turned into a toxic wasteland. Goodbye. You got what you wanted assholes.
    You mean I don't win this game of monopoly? *flips the board and storms out angrily*

I'm sorry that you wanted to make claims when data reflects the opposite and refuse to admit to being wrong..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Lol.
    Ditto. So touchy.

Forum Fanatic
    Sad. Noobium it's not just CR who runs their humans as hybrids. AMA, ZZ, WSK, and pyros (and jerks lol) all have humans as well. I'm fairly confident some of them are running their humans as A/Ts too. I mean, ZZ has rogues...

Truth is, you're the only person in 3 pages of strat talk who called people assholes, called someone illiterate, and called people amazingly stupid... you're also the only one who insists they are right while refusing to post any numbers.

You're what makes this place toxic, bro.

The Jerks.

Regular
    Nice forum warrioring team

Regular
    I was quite enjoying the strat discussion about humans though

Wow, you guys be nice to noobium. He isn't the most tactful of posters but a lot of what he says isn't without credit either. I've quite enjoyed a lot of his posts and have learnt a great deal from him, along with other posters. He was in a ghetto kd I was in before and he took his time answering a lot of my newbie questions which I really appreciated -- not a lot of people would give you the blink of an eye to give you page long answers to otherwise seemingly mundane questions that newbies have. Can we please stop the circlejerk against him. Yes he's a bit blunt in his answers but he's not stupid either.

Enthusiast
    Any discussion about personalities & races brings up a lot of disagreement, that is why I try to avoid them =).

I think the devs do a good job with balance in general and balancing races & personalities is not an easy task - look at every MMO game ever.. constant crying about OP and not OP and nerfs etc etc.

That said, I like Human A/T in concept more than Elf A/M so if I were to go with hybrids I would lean heavily in the direction of human A/T over any other hybrid. Being able to simply train thieves and use stealth is an advantage IMO over needing to pump wiz (without mystic personality) and blow through runes. Also, any province that has the capability to hold acres and generate economy is a big + in my book =).

If the discussion is to run hybrids or no hybrids.. honestly both work.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by meecat View Post
    Wow, you guys be nice to noobium. He isn't the most tactful of posters but a lot of what he says isn't without credit either. I've quite enjoyed a lot of his posts and have learnt a great deal from him, along with other posters. He was in a ghetto kd I was in before and he took his time answering a lot of my newbie questions which I really appreciated -- not a lot of people would give you the blink of an eye to give you page long answers to otherwise seemingly mundane questions that newbies have. Can we please stop the circlejerk against him. Yes he's a bit blunt in his answers but he's not stupid either.
    There's quite a difference between being blunt and being insulting. If you'd like to read back, he was the one calling people stupid. He's certainly helpful, but the I'm-right-and-you're-all-wrong mentality doesn't help anyone, especially when discussing strategy. There's no reason anyone should be obligated to be nice when responding to that. Polite, sure, but nice? Nah.
    Last edited by Nightmare_; 18-06-2014 at 21:41.

Quote Originally Posted by meecat View Post
    Well if he wasn't so insulting and would post his numbers to counter what Zauper is saying i do not think anyone would have an issue. But his entire argument revolved around people bowing to his will. No offense he isn't half the player Zauper is and I don't just say thta because Zauper has been around and consistently is near the top I say it because when you ask Zauper a question he more than likely backs it up with numbers. Something a lot of people just go on a whim or what they think. When someone takes the time to run the numbers and post them it goes a lot further.

Hi entire argument was based on his opinion coupled with his feelings about players in top kingdoms. I don't think either of those hold any water to be honest.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    Any discussion about personalities & races brings up a lot of disagreement, that is why I try to avoid them =).

I think the devs do a good job with balance in general and balancing races & personalities is not an easy task - look at every MMO game ever.. constant crying about OP and not OP and nerfs etc etc.

That said, I like Human A/T in concept more than Elf A/M so if I were to go with hybrids I would lean heavily in the direction of human A/T over any other hybrid. Being able to simply train thieves and use stealth is an advantage IMO over needing to pump wiz (without mystic personality) and blow through runes. Also, any province that has the capability to hold acres and generate economy is a big + in my book =).

If the discussion is to run hybrids or no hybrids.. honestly both work.
    Halfling a/t is interesting, as compared to human.

My recollection is that generally it outproduces human in terms of military and TPA for most of the age. The big reason to prefer human is superior turtling (no ospecs), and tog.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Halfling a/t is interesting, as compared to human.

My recollection is that generally it outproduces human in terms of military and TPA for most of the age. The big reason to prefer human is superior turtling (no ospecs), and tog.
    Which is why at the start of the age I thought halfer merchant would be a really interesting a/t combo given that halfers use ospecs for offense, the merchant + spec credits perk synergizes with that allowing them to rebuild offense throughout war and it also gives them ToG.

Was just having a discussion within KD last night about what change to halfers we would want to really consider playing them again.. My two thoughts were 1) TD not effected by BE or 2) Racial -15%-20% thief losses.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Forum Fanatic
    The issue with halfling + merchant is that frankly, they just don't need it. Everything is so cheap for halflings. You can't really get full value out of tog, you're probably better off with WH so you can pump tpa/defense between waves.

Halfling is competitive and worth playing atm, but I'm not sure if they're worth a full kdstrat. I don't think you're going to see halfling get buffed; you might see rogue get a buff.

Post Demon
    Playing halfer merch down in a warring getto - long wars often. Great option down here, even better in number imo. Wish my kingdom would have used them as a core, we'd have trashed people with them.

Mind you - I go heavy sci whenever possible, and I'm topping out at 1100 bpa right now. Give me more than double that, and maybe I would take human (I *love* sci mods) - but I knew I only get good sci via being chained (and thus useless sized), so human just couldn't cut it.

Halfer merch A/t plays a lot like a low sci human though (afaik) - chain me, wpa gets high and I LL to mitigate. Econ kill and I kidnap then ToG - 3-4 days before you can really wear me out. Shell via growth, and I kidnap for pop and train defense so it is painful to cut me back down, takes 2+ waves. NS isn't fun against all my tpa mods, even if I've been neglecting rTPA for a while. If *all* your opponent's options are poor, that is called a win for you. (This is why they get stronger in groups too - target someone else is a good option usually.)

As best I know, one of the single biggest changes from good play vs. getto is science. Which makes *all* the difference in ranking human (and no small bit of difference for halfer).
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Enthusiast
    For mid-lower range halfer cleric is very versatile and fun to play

Post Fiend
    Just some questions. 6 raw tpa, on humans doesn't seem overkill? In the other thread Zauper says he releases thieves first when chained. So isn't it just a waste to train that then? Would make sense if the core was human but that's what 2 or 3 kingdoms everyone else runs a few humans to compliment. Zz is 1/4 are they a good example of hybrids? 4 raw seems like plenty to op every race except faery elf and halfer, are you really trying theivery ops on them as human? Seems like it would be easier to chain those races and kidnap off attackers to keep a populace for tog with theivery ops. I seen Zaupers numbers and they make complete sense until you read 90% draft. How many people draft that high? Can you draft that high without a homes oump or being landdropped/chained? How often are wars started where the kingdoms are running that high of a draft? Is it that common have I been doing it wrong for so long? Granted I'm in the warring tier normally top 20 to 50. Is this the common practice?

Thread Information