• YR 14-15 Changes every age

3 5.88%
  • YR 16-17 Changes every age

1 1.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll - Age Length

Poll - Age Length

How long do you think ages should be?
    If an age was short and we only got changes every 2nd age would that be bad?
    My life is better then yours.

My thought is that if we played the same age 2x in a row we could play quicker ages without increasing stress on devs. I would much rather that then playing YR12-15 ages :P

Shorter ages would certainly change the dynamics a lot for growth kingdoms, and may likely increase competition. I don't think it would have a huge effect on warring/honor except you might have better kingdoms clashing earlier.
    Last edited by goodz; 18-06-2014 at 17:12.

Post Fiend
    I think 6-7 might be a bit too short as some of the more epic honor wars take a while to come to fruition as those kingdoms grow / war. Especially with this age the past month has been a sleeper and we are being tortured with still not having an end date. I think a 2-2.5 month age would be a nice change, as 97% of the game is more or less ready to get a fresh start by year 10. Shorter ages would increase competition and as we've heard for a while now the work load is the biggest concern, giving the devs 4-5 months to work out changes and create new features should theoretically ensure that when changes do occur they are at the very least *somewhat* interesting.

Post Fiend
    +1 on shorter ages with set turn around times with no guessing either.

I think a big pro as far as going for land/nw is that your age likely gets "ruined" very early and that turns off a lot of kingdoms as there is high potential of having nothing to do for 7-8 weeks. If it was just 4 weeks of nothing to do then maybe not as bad...

I also think this will help ghettos as top kingdoms won't nap and farm out the rest of the wol for as long. Not to say they wont still do it for awhile.

Veteran
    I like the changes every other age as well, gives the less experience players an age to tinker and make an educated decision on what to play the second age. I too wished I'd have picked something different at the start of the age a couple of times. It's like a second chance to play to the best of your abilities.

Forum Addict
    Major changes happening every other age is a super idea, with two shorter 2-month ages in a row.

The one thing that always bugs me is that I always notice a strat that interests me midway through an age, but can never really be sure that the stats will stay the same next age to try it out. Strategies being played out over time are always more revealing than ones crunched together all at once based on a given set of numbers.

I'd love a system where we get to play one age with a set of changes, see how everything actually plays out, then be able to try something in the next age that we saw really work well in the current age, without concern about the stats changing and making the entire strat moot.

And the devs only have to use the left side of their brain every 4 months instead of every 3 months. ;)

Post Fiend
    Shorter ages with increased starting resources, 8 week age starting at ~800 acres with twice the resources ftw, make OOP wars more interesting and allow for similar ending sizes by EoA.

Enthusiast
    I think yr 10 but with super hyped up eowcf would be best. Changes are fun.

Enthusiast
    Fully thought this was going to be a poll on when this age would end. I am disapoint.
    Beauty of Absalom->Redemption of Absalom->Trinity of Absalom
    Acres->Infinity->Havoc of Absalom->Cromulent Republic
    7x crown winner. Genesis Tripple Crown. 3rd largest nw prov in history of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_mi View Post
    Fully thought this was going to be a poll on when this age would end. I am disapoint.
    i think the age is a troll.

It will go forever.

Even if this age ended tomorrow (Very start of YR13) it would be way too long imo :P I am amazed people 7 people voted that an age this length is cool beans. Go play a different game :(

Post Fiend
    I voted for that. I would prefer it to be exactly 12 weeks. I agree that going into the 13th week is too long, but I'm assuming the developers have their reasons, which I posted somewhere else before.

Post Demon
    Warring at the top would be even more disincentiveised than it is now if ages were a lot shorter

How often is it more fruitful to war than whore at 6 weeks into an age?

Post Demon
    hehe

Thread Information