Thread: Uses Of Conquest

Veteran

Uses Of Conquest

I just wanted to inquire about when and why Conquest is used in war, with or without Warrior for strategic purposes, and so on.

I haven't been around for some 40 ages, so I'm not sure of all the changes and benefits. Basically my KD told me not to bother using it except in extreme circumstances, because the casualties for gains aren't worth the while. And if I remember correctly, there's no honor gains from it, either.

Any comments? Is it weak, strong, useful? What?

Thanks!

Enthusiast
    You use it when you need to break an unbreakable province. Most people use the term Unbreakable to describe a province that has more defense than any of your attackers have offense -- Conquest allows a KD to hit those provinces and wear them down if you cannot hit them directly with a trad march.

Other people also use it to finish a chain with a ****ty gain hit -- you hit a guy first with trad, get a big fat 500 acre hit, then use spare offense to conquest for a ****ty 60 acre hit. The chained target has to ambush the **** 60 acre hit first to get to the 500 acre hit to ambush and this use valuable generals.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Veteran
    OK, Conquest is (as I figured) a last resort attack, then, and not something you'd use on its own merit in normal circumstances. Thanks. :)

Thread Information