Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amnesia Cannon

Needs to get out more

Amnesia Cannon

I'm curious what race combination with sage can potentially break the highest wpa to land amnesia.
    ~ Thank you in advance ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    I would think elf but it would be inherently hard to run enough wizards to land it on a mystic. Still elf with 30% wpa boost and mages fury goes a long way to getting you there.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Enthusiast
    Any race can do it (including orc). It's based on how much you want to sacrifice the rest.
    On province that runs like 1 peasant, top sci and all the rest wizards my first guess is human and second halfer (because of pop mod)

Needs to get out more
    You don't mind reloading analogies? Ok.

'Tis like cartridge design. Elf has great sectional density and ballistic coeffiency but the case doesn't have the capacity of human or faery.

So bullets design goes:~~~~~~~But case capacity is:
    1. Elf.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1. Human.
    2. Faery.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2. Faery.
    3. Human.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3. Elf.

This is due to the lack of ToG and FoK. Humans get a bonus neither elf or faery get in science. Humans don't get Fury, and faery does't get the plus 30%. My solution in the virtual kingdom was to have all 3.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-06-2014 at 00:13.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    elf, faery, human would all be fine depending on your situation, although id lean towards elf or faery. Unfortunately, because you're sage you can't be wh, so any situation where you are trying to open up a wh while you have saphire on you will be super bad. I did a lot of looking into sage for amnesia and the 1 way saphire is just too impactful.

Needs to get out more
    Ok, cool. I'll mention most of the research goes to the Virtual Kingdom. Thus, I'll have 3 WH to figure out in the context of 3 of each personality and race; at least for me. I'd hope others find some use for the thread. Thank you.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    Elf +30% success..

Forum Fanatic
    I mean, the answer is kinda dependent on pump time. A human sage since they have FoK and the science bonus should be able to get enough of a magic mod to surpass the elf's WPA bonus, even with mage's fury up, but it's probably not realistic or practical for most kingdoms to get that much channeling sci.

As I think I mentioned in a previous thread, your elves and faeries are wanting to have pretty high WPA anyways, since they are casters, so I'd stick sage on one of them. The humans you can leave at 3 WPA or so, good enough to fireball but not enough to crack a T/M with amnesia.

The Jerks.

Enthusiast
    It is also hard to get any kind of functional science pump in on any non top kd. You usually end up getting the bulk of your science from war wins and active science in EOWCF & Fort.
    #jesters

I think Human.

You're primarily going to want to do amnesia later in age as early on what is the point?

Human sage by mid age with an emphasis on channeling should have higher wpa then an elf provided you ran similar guilds. The downside is human has no good offensive spells so your only use may be fireballs/amnesia. An elf will have some better spells and more flexibility as a caster.
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    With the same raw wpa and BPA human is never going to beat Elf wpa. The 20% extra sci effects will never compete with the +30% wpa Elf has, because it multiplies with the sci effects.

So the 30% extra wpa counts as +30% extra channeling sci.

Enthusiast
    I think it depends who you are trying to cast amnesia on. If you are trying to cast on attackers where ~4 raw/8-10 mod is enough to succeed then I would run faery or human sages. Faery gets +30% damage per cast + the spell book (they can use their WPA to participate in NM wave, human cant). Human gets bonus to science and income, but the wpa needed to cast should be obtainable without giving up the spell book & +30% damage on ops.

If you want to break the highest WPA, which was the original question, elf beats them all. Elf and Human could have similar WPA if science is weightened enough in the humans favor.. but elf has mages fury so gg sorry human, you lose. Faery has mages fury too and so again, so it would still be really hard.

To use my new found favorite tool.. thanks zauper and munk =)

If I were to use a hypothetical sage that may or may not exist in my kd and play with their stuff...
    Sci: 1535 bpa (270|120|400|70|0|425|250) / effect (28.8|13.7|16.3|83.7|0|154.7|118.7)(14.7% libs)

Faery/Sage @ 3.1k a. 65% draft, 7.8ppa, 0ospa, 0dspa, 14.9epa (73.6opa/97.4dpa) p(22.07 opa/68.17) 5.1tpa (17.77), 2.9wpa (6.96)
    Human/Sage @ 3.1k a. 65% draft, 7.6ppa, 0ospa, 0dspa, 14.4epa (107.1opa/75.7dpa) p(64.24 opa/30.29) 5.1tpa (19.98), 2.9wpa (7.72)
    Elf/Sage @ 3.1k a. 65% draft, 7.8ppa, 0ospa, 0dspa, 14.9epa (92opa/77.9dpa) p(91.97 opa/0) 5.1tpa (17.77), 2.9wpa (9.05)

If i were to focus on chan sci over crime.
    Sci: 1535 bpa (270|120|400|70|0|225|450) / effect (34.5|16.4|19.5|100.5|0|135.1|191)(14.7% libs)
    Elf/Sage @ 3.1k a. 65% draft, 7.9ppa, 0ospa, 0dspa, 14.9epa (92.2opa/78.1dpa) p(92.15 opa/0) 5.1tpa (14.95), 2.9wpa (10.65)
    Human/Sage @ 3.1k a. 65% draft, 7.6ppa, 0ospa, 0dspa, 14.4epa (107.3opa/75.9dpa) p(64.38 opa/30.36) 5.1tpa (16.58), 2.9wpa (9.2)

If I were to say "hey human have +% income so I dont need income science.."
    Human/Sage @ 3.1k a. 65% draft, 7.6ppa, 0ospa, 0dspa, 14.4epa (107.3opa/75.9dpa) p(64.38 opa/30.36) 5.1tpa (16.58), 2.9wpa (10.8)
    Sci: 1535 bpa (0|120|400|70|0|225|720) / effect (0|16.4|19.5|100.5|0|135.1|241.6)(14.7% libs)

That is an insane amount of BPA to dedicate to chan IMO.. and it barely breaks elf.. and then elf has mages fury..
    #jesters

Post Demon
    And then to think that holding 1500 BPA is kinda hard in ghetto-land.

Elf trumps all when it comes to magic. Humans can be decent at holding them off, but when an Elf wants to get through, it will get through.

My human/tacticians have given some faeries this age a run for their money though. Run low tpa with 15% WTs + CS, while maintaining 8+ mod wpa.

For success...Elf...for extra amnesia dmg, faery

Human only if you're very sci pumped (more so than the elf/faery sage) AND run libraries (also more so than the elf/faery). What is the difficulty of amnesia anyway? Anyone know the ratio?

Needs to get out more
    Great info guys. I'm applying this to my Virtual Kingdom which isn't categorized as honor/whore/war. The setup includes 3 of each race and personality as a template with the 25th province being a combo not yet represented in kingdom. My intuition tells me that Amnesia is a possible option as the tip of a spearhead when cracking the toughest nuts.

In the Virtual Kingdom I anticipated some of this, though I have no mind for numbers. So I had one elf for deep penetration like a tungsten core bronze shell, a faery for volume, a human for finisher/backup and I designated my 25th as dwarf sage as overkill, though that's optional.

So this is part of a journey as the other post asking about orc warrior. It's just a puzzle I like to put together each age. I'll apply the other personalities and races to hopefully interlock in some functional blob....virtually.
    3- cleric
    3- merchant
    3- mystic
    3- rogue
    3- sage
    3- tac
    3- warrior
    3- war hero and + 1 combination persona/race not represented in kingdom = 25.
    * I hope the residual knowledge gained may help others in actual use. I call this a zero core based on the influence of palems unicore, TFC.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information