Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon from outside kingdom sent while in war

Enthusiast
    lol, the funny part is that if all that energy wasn't spend on making shady deals they could have built a decent kd

Needs to get out more
    Sounds like the old days lol. I had a monarch dump his crown on me and ordered me voted in. We also had the kingdom dog piled by 3 and came out swinging against everyone. Our kingdom was mortally divided between the t/ms and attacker. I opted to war the biggest since I'm crashworthy and we proceeded to get deal broke and pooping teeth to a close war loss. I support this thread.

Edit for clarity: Specifics are shady, but my recollection was We Fight, Cartoon Mayhem and the one we warred was some Pony Love theme. I might feel a grudge, but I'm not prone to act on them. I for one want to see We Fight get their legs again.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 22-06-2014 at 23:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    You said honor was ha ha and this is an exploitable mechanic but.....I know, we haven't heard the other side of the story.
    I'm trying to teach people not to handicap themselves with silly unwritten rules that are hardly ever enforced by the community.

I don't urge people away from hitting into wars because it isn't "honorable", but because you'll earn your your kd quite a reputation and they're likely to have things happen to them that they aren't going to accept. Just being cautionary :)

Forum Fanatic
    Palem, your edit was terrible. At least use y:y. Now it's unclear that the dragon even came from a different kingdom.

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by oCtodur View Post
    the other side? they waved us, we said no war, sent cf, they refused, they waved again, we retailed some, they went into fortifed, we retailed some more, we got waved by 3 other kds, went 2-3 days now we got war with one of those other 3 kds and as soon as we get the war, dragon from the other side comes. EOA fun =)
    Given the current circumstances in my war i feel i could shed some light to this story. Kingdom X (my kingdom) grabs acres from t/ms (kingdom Y) unfortunately kingdom X is too small to declare on kingdom Y so we continue to hit kingdom Y untill the meter maxes or kingdom Y drops into range. Low and behold they drop into range and Declare instantly, True kingdom X is too small to send drakes so we continue dropping kingdom Y until in dragon range. We did notice they had a drake but Kingdom Z has nothing to do with us. Kingdom X is a recent startup KD, we Enjoy taking on larger kingdoms, Good Challenge. We are recruiting. If you wanna know more Send a PM.

Right, I hope you are not insinuating that our kd is been a part of some "shady business"?

I don't really want to get involved but since it's our KD you are fighting against I feel I need to set the record straight. I'm pretty sure there are no such thing as 3 kingdoms "waving" you when our two kingdoms decided to fight eachother, at the same time I don't have your old Snatch news so I can't actually prove that with facts. However, looking at the last 18 hours before you declared on our kingdom I don't see more then 1 province from any single kingdom hitting you. No more than other kingdoms hit us.

In fact, we only decided to fight you after your Faery Rogue monarch decided it was a smart thing to trad-retal my steward after he randomed into your KD. Since the initial hit your monarch has not had any contact with me whatsoever. If you really were worried about this supposed 1v3 he could have contacted me and done diplomacy instead of keeping silent and having every active province in your kingdom hit us back.

One of our members already said in warforums that we'd help you deal with that KD after the war. So what are we talking about here? That's all I'm saying. I clear my hands off ghetto drama.
    Last edited by Minty; 23-06-2014 at 16:42.

Minty, no no no mate, im not insinuating that you are involved in this! Not at all, im not sure how you got to that conclusion.

I have our news, i can post them for you if you want, but we where waved on pretty much by 4 different kingdoms trying to get us to war. Especially when we both where in hostile and we all waited for someone to declare the war already =)
    Frankly, since its EOA i dont really care, i just want to have fun and enjoy the last days of the game. My question is on the mechanics of this game, why an outside kingdom can send a dragon to a kingdom in war.

And see what happened just now...

April 1 of YR13 OUTSIDE KD we are NOT waring with (x:x) has begun a Emerald Dragon project against us!

So they can even start a dragon after we kill the first one (that they created while we where hostile) while we have no relations? Its april 3 now and i see both our relations are Normal, im guessing this is not possible yeah? Im not to up to date with the dragon / relations rules. But this clearly is wrong. Remembering back to the Mehul days and having problems with botting kingdoms and multies, this comes really close to same kind of issue. WHY, should a kd outside a war between two kingdoms be able to do a dragon on you.

Minty, again im not saying you are involved, im trying to make a statement to see if the devs would reconsider this for a change. That outside kingdoms can NOT do dragons on a kingdom thats already in war. I just dont see what the "flexibility" in this "feauture" would give the game.

Regular
    some of the rules of the game (i'd venture to say most of the rules) are meant to limit the top 20-or-so kingdoms from ganging up on one another. in other words, some rules are geared towards preventing the top kingdoms from exploiting game mechanics, but also to help top kingdoms who are a victim of others exploiting game mechanics..

in turn, it leaves the other 200+ kingdoms calling foul when they feel things shouldn't be possible in the first place (or, on the opposite side of the spectrum, 'certain things' should be possible).

"some rules are geared towards preventing the top kingdoms from exploiting game mechanics, but also to help top kingdoms who are a victim of others exploiting game mechanics.. "

you lost me there mate =) rules to prevent exploiting of game mechanics, but also help them from ppl exploiting game mechanics =) then frankly game mechanics isnt at the spot they should be, if they need to be enforced with rules and with protection from themselves. Feels like Matrix to me now =)

But yeah, apparently this is ok to the game of conduct so, just have to live with it then. I was mostly confused because i thought this was some kind of bug, but after having it explained to me i see its part of the "un-ethical" tactics in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'm trying to teach people not to handicap themselves with silly unwritten rules that are hardly ever enforced by the community.

I don't urge people away from hitting into wars because it isn't "honorable", but because you'll earn your your kd quite a reputation and they're likely to have things happen to them that they aren't going to accept. Just being cautionary :)
    yay
    My life is better then yours.

Lol we had something similar. We were waved by a bigger KD, they gave us button, started dragon, we said 'no', send cf, went in fort, they accepted the cf(kinda the routine) and... they sent the dragon latter :D. They said it was a mistake and they were thinking they are sending the dragon to another KD but cant really prove that :).

And to be honest by my mistake we did this same thing last age :D.

So maybe wasn't intentional move(but absolutely rude) but you have to move on and if u find them next age war them if u can ;).

And btw - if u are going to attack someone who is in war u wont tm him u will raze him.
    Last edited by Bo To; 25-06-2014 at 06:36.

Thread Information