Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Happy Are The Orc Warriors?

Needs to get out more

How Happy Are The Orc Warriors?

In my ongoing research I'm interested in how the Orc Warriors feel about:
    1- their role in kingdom
    2- effectiveness
    3- sustainability

~ I don't mind if information is second hand, but first person experience is most appreciated. Is your free draft being utilized in the interest of trade balance? Are you able to exert your full potential? Are you the hardest hitter in war or is it tougher to achieve than advertised? ~

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I imagine they were not very amused at all when they saw that merchants had tog.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    Your forces arrive at (x:x). A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory! Your army looted 6,627,119 gold coins, 157,903 bushels and 42,667 runes!
    We lost 40 Goblins, 290 Ogres and 290 horses in this battle.
    We killed about 1,252 enemy troops.
    Our forces will be available again in 11.69 days

Just a poor Wh here. Gains are ok, this was a week or so ago.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Regular
    It all depends on the persons view of the game.
    If you are like 80% of people that really just want to be in the bigger half of the kingdom, you won't be happy with an orc/war. But if your idea of fun revolves around getting punched in the bawls while you're down, then this is your combo.
    So if you like getting chained and bashing others and then again getting bashed to infinity, you'll be thrilled to play one. (just get like 15 more opa then the rest of your kingdom and you'll be targeted no matter what your position is :D )
    So might I just add that this is my favorite combo. Yes, it is pretty straight forward and they burn out quickly in wars, but the sheer impact they do on the opening wave, that's what you wait for the whole age.

Veteran
    I'm quite happy with my Orc Warrior - overall, my attacks are a wee bit faster than a Tactician, who nets 15% quicker speed, but I get an extra general, which makes it 25% faster for me, and with the extra offense, I can keep attacking with this extra general for quite a while. :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowla1337 View Post
    It all depends on the persons view of the game.
    If you are like 80% of people that really just want to be in the bigger half of the kingdom, you won't be happy with an orc/war. But if your idea of fun revolves around getting punched in the bawls while you're down, then this is your combo.
    So if you like getting chained and bashing others and then again getting bashed to infinity, you'll be thrilled to play one. (just get like 15 more opa then the rest of your kingdom and you'll be targeted no matter what your position is :D )
    So might I just add that this is my favorite combo. Yes, it is pretty straight forward and they burn out quickly in wars, but the sheer impact they do on the opening wave, that's what you wait for the whole age.
    The only part that matters is where you finish. Get chained early in the age and by the end you can be back up near the top of the KD. Or if you have my luck, war lots and climb your way to the top again, only to get chained again just before the end of age :(

Post Demon
    Orc/Warrior:

Pro's:

1. You kill a ****load of troops if you combine racial bonus with BL + PF + Emerald. If you hit other Orcs or UDs with their armies home, you can easily kill off 10%-15% of their offense with 1 hit.
    2. Sick gains even when hitting out of range
    3. Great to chain with in general

Cons:
    1. Poor sustain
    2. Ambush-prone (so you have to hit anon a lot if you don't want to lose your offense too fast)
    3. Get chained quite often because:
    a. Impossible to maintain def with elites when specs desert
    b. No plague risk

Enthusiast
    We are using them to pump up our t/ms after war ... our t/ms draft to 72-75% pure elites then explore up and get aided lots of soldiers to pump tpa real fast.... Worked well all age... orcs build up a trade balance. And then we aid them in war whatever they need to balance out faeryes negative trade.... as far as effective Ness my orcs have outlasted everyone in sustainability except chained undeads....

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I imagine they were not very amused at all when they saw that merchants had tog.
    I currently have one orc merchant slotted in my Virtual Kingdom and in my actual kingdom we have 1 left. We had a few guys (3-4) enthusiastically switch from undead tac to orc merchant BoA which was my cause for going tac this age. Merchant makes sense on paper except for the unadulterated potential of warrior. We don't face cows and barely engage t/ms so it seemed good. But in the end we have one heavily chained orc merchant left. If this was about poor play, but I think our last merchant is pretty good.

As it relates to happiness; generally in line with effectiveness, I guess one merchant orc is dead on. The WH thing, we have one of those to neanderthal. He does well, and has a personality for it. From TerricK I think we see eye2eye in that the synergy has to be in the foundation. We don't have synergy so basically all province builds are independently functioning. Don't get me wrong on behalf of my kingdom: we have a long history and this works here with the obvious competitive limits.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    I feel that if the KD isnt utilizing free orc draft then they are generally better off with undeads.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

I agree with Cryo I would go undead unless utilizing free draft :)
    My life is better then yours.

Enthusiast
    We ran no orcs this age, and it was great until my master plan of having a ton of faery TM with spec credits stockpiled for dragon killing hit the slight road bump of "wait, nobody has soldiers..". At that point, orcs are nice to have. However, if you have inactive orcs who go afk for 24 hours with 99% draft + pat you will have unhappy provinces in the morning -- or if you have inactive TM who go afk for 24 hours with soldiers being aided every tic you will likewise have unhappy provinces =).
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Needs to get out more
    Thanks guys. I'm not saying my kingdom runs independently by design, more as default. I think I elaborated on this learning curve despite my lower tier experience; the culture here is just that way. Independent. To give a perspective, I don't enjoy being in strict kingdoms because I generally key my play on enabling or taking initiative on advantages. This isn't working here, but the most independent builds appear to do well. Even though my build can achieve an independence it's difficult to adjust my style. Seems greedy on the surface, but it has been a valuable lesson in that it does serve kingdom. It isn't efficient to set things up, so the practice of engaging an enemy directly has to be forward in mind. Thus, I can't look at our orcs and say ' you were wrong ' but they have been squashed. I had brought up the idea of soldier trade for extraneous gold and distribution to curb plunder parties. This simply fell on deaf ears; but again, this kingdom has a long history and what they do works for their culture. Id almost stay an additional age to hone my skills at independent play. You see, I thought I was an independent player until I arrived here. Now I'm beginning to understand what we do and why. I don't think they notice, but we've logged 4/8 wars. Why does that matter? Because it means there is plenty of practice.

My interest in orc warrior is synergy based and not an indication of my proposed build next age. I gather orc warrior has loads of potential in a team environment; all builds do. I'd be ignorant to dismiss the lessons in my kingdom. Obviously I experienced frustration until I watched how the others play. For them it's probably just what they do, but for me I can apply it to a myriad of systems I've seen. Amplified to kingdom level: how does an independent kingdom operate in a hostile landscape? Can we be a team but be able to function individually with a flick of a switch? These are part of my endeavors in the Virtual Kingdom; why I site jazz as an influence.

To relate: does anyone know what James Brown meant " On the one " (?). In key, in rhythm, no guide, right now.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-06-2014 at 21:03.
    ________
    Weed bowls

An orc merchant can effectively train 60% more military than a warrior if time is a limiting factor. What percentage of the age would you say you make use of warriors' 10% bonus? You can do a lot of things with gold.

Merchant is disgustingly overpowered. The only reason it's underused is because it's also a racial spell atm. And also nubs be nubbin'.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    Merchant is nice OOW, Warrior is better in war. Merchant offers no bonusses to chained down orcs on 100 peasants, while Warrior has increased OME and 2 extra attackers every day.

My KD has had no problems dealing with merchants of any kind this age. Put em on low peasants so ToG is useless, plus they can't even use the credits for lack of soldiers.

Merchant is good between wars and in hostile. For the next 3-4 days next-to-useless. Then once both KDs tire and it can grow back peasants, it's good again. How many wars last 5-6 days though?

Thread Information