Thread: Anyone interested in an RP kingdom? I have some ideas...

Regular

Anyone interested in an RP kingdom? I have some ideas...

Hi, just got back into this game after a many years. Having a blast but I think having an "in-character" kingdom would really make this fun. Do any exist? Hers's some ideas I had:

• Hunters of the Undead: we must wipe out the plague! only mortal races, we don't war- just hunt down vulnerable undead provinces and try to negotiate/rp with everyone else. perhaps we could start a utopia-wide alliance to "battle the undead menace"?
    • Dwarven Supremacy: same idea as above but we play only dwarves and hunt down all the orcs we can find. or vice versa?
    • Sky Black With Wings: all avian tacticians with max barracks for 8hr attack schedule. we flood the inboxs of our targets with bird noises KA-KAW!! :)

Or anything else. I tried to RP a little this age but it would be soooooo much more with a group.

Needs to get out more
    I've heard of a kingdom that role-played pirates, so I think there's some interest. The problem is if any of them see the forum. My mission keeps me from pursuing ideal kingdom culture: I travel/kingdom-hop to help kingdoms who need help due to exodus, civil war or closing shop on a dissolving kingdom.
    I'd like to get more involved in helping fragmented kingdoms find other with which to merge. If I run across any I'll happily aim them your way. I'm an old D&D guy myself with over 30 years of roleplaying.
    You might check out SPGC as they have a number of fun loving types on irc and I think they have something called " sillspeak ". They may have knowledge of such kingdoms since SPGC is a commutative of several kingdoms from Jerk, AC, WSK and I'm sure a few more.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 02-07-2014 at 21:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Thanks, I'll check that out! Looking forward to this age, I'll at least be role playing my own province.

I would play but I'm interested mostly in cyberpunk and sci-fi themes.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I might be down for some silly roleplaying next age

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by ALittleLessConversation View Post
    I would play but I'm interested mostly in cyberpunk and sci-fi themes.
    Can you clarify cyberpunk? I'm aware of steampunk but I'm from the before time. As you age you generally stick to what you know, like music. I guess I could look it up, but I'd still like to hear your impression.

We played Gamma World and Traveler. Traveler was a more cerebral game that some of the older guys knew. I didn't get to play it enough to see how everything worked. We played:
    D&D, AD&D, 2 and 4th edition
    Gamma World
    Champions
    Golden Heroes
    Top Secret
    Bushido
    Traveler
    Palladium
    Call of Cthulhu
    Stormbringer
    Freds World(a friend of mine made this)
    - and more.
    Everything we did was dice, paper&pencil with lead figures on table maps for years till D&D 4th came out. Since some of the guys were out of town we used skype and put the map on my friends big screen tv. Good system, but I missed the lead figures. We have a steady group of the same 9 guys for over 30 years.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

I learned english from movie subtitles so you have to understand that I can play along but Im not a very litterate person.

Cyberpunk is the best genre there is unfortunately widely forgotten. Some books from Gibson, Williams, Dick and even Heinlein are cyberpunk. Elements of movies like Blade Runner and Matrix with few low budget ones. Comics like Blame! and Noise.

There is a game 'Cyberpunk 2077' that I never played nor intend to.

Basicaly cyberpunk is set in near future or present day and involves brain connected to computer, artifical intelligence, impants, stimulants, drougs, sex, search for freedom, fight against oppresion and is more soul genre than mehanical/matter. Usually revolves around individuals in low hierarchy scheme and those in control.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=cyberpunk
    Last edited by ALittleLessConversation; 26-07-2014 at 20:24.

Needs to get out more
    Honestly impressive. Adaptive learning, in your case, from subtitles is nothing to sneer at. You seem admirably literate to me. Cyberpunk certainly offers the leverage for some great roleplaying from your explanation. Thank you.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    Nice ideas everyone! It's a shame that these boards are generally dry and inactive save a few new faces. Some of the old roleplayers moved to Skysail Haven or splintered off into Roleplaygateway or Roleplayerguild. If you're all still around and interested, shoot something my way; my email's: Cocokolah@gmail.com. Hopefully we can get something going and make these awesome story ideas come to life!

Needs to get out more
    I'm a traveler in Utopia, but I relate a system of divisions in The Virtual Kingdom that might lend itself to roleplaying. It'd be akin to adventuring parties.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    Some of those roleplays sound interesting :) I'd be game. Bigtime D&Der here :D

never done this but seems interesting

Needs to get out more
    This just snuck up on me, again. Since I do travel/kingdom hop it's sorta like D&D scenarios. When the game had the 20 province dinger I thought about having a 5 player traveling adventure group. We'd join 20 province kingdoms and help them achieve goals like goodytwoshoes paladins etc.

I restart provinces all the time so it's nothing that horrible. Adoptions are handy late in the age.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Are there any RP KDs running atm ??

Needs to get out more
    Not that I'm aware of.

If there is I'd like to know myself.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information